Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NFL 2019 Other Games Thread

(01-27-2020, 11:22 PM)NOLA Wrote:  So, things seem to be going well for Kareem Hunt up in Ohio...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2857...-drug-test

Cleveland is the worst place on Earth for Kareem to be if he wants to stay on the straight and narrow. (spoiler: he doesn't)

That officer could not have been more accommodating.

Also in that article for anyone that hasn't read it is a recent quote from Kareem about the Chiefs being in the Super Bowl.

"I should be playing for a freaking Super Bowl," he said. "It hurts my soul. Like, you don't understand, I've been fighting a lot of s--- lately, man. It still hurts me to this day. I love Cleveland, I love the Browns, but you don't understand, I'm just the worst person in the world sometimes, like, I guess. And I don't even do nothing. Try to help everybody."

Don't even do nothing? Okay...

(01-28-2020, 06:44 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(01-27-2020, 11:22 PM)NOLA Wrote:  So, things seem to be going well for Kareem Hunt up in Ohio...

Cleveland is the worst place on Earth for Kareem to be if he wants to stay on the straight and narrow. (spoiler: he doesn't)

Also in that article for anyone that hasn't read it is a recent quote from Kareem about the Chiefs being in the Super Bowl.

"I should be playing for a freaking Super Bowl," he said. "It hurts my soul. Like, you don't understand, I've been fighting a lot of s--- lately, man. It still hurts me to this day. I love Cleveland, I love the Browns, but you don't understand, I'm just the worst person in the world sometimes, like, I guess. And I don't even do nothing. Try to help everybody."

I know he shouldn't be in Cleveland because that's where he's from(?) and where he consistently seems to get in trouble. 

That said, this does seem like a good time for the periodic reminder that he's 24 years old.  Like, 24 year olds are dumb and immature.  They're supposed to be adults, sure, but I can't pretend like I had my shit together at that age either.

EDIT: I applaud that cop for handling that the way he did, though I would hope he would give most people in that situation the same opportunity.

(01-28-2020, 08:22 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(01-28-2020, 06:44 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

I know he shouldn't be in Cleveland because that's where he's from(?) and where he consistently seems to get in trouble. 

That said, this does seem like a good time for the periodic reminder that he's 24 years old.  Like, 24 year olds are dumb and immature.  They're supposed to be adults, sure, but I can't pretend like I had my shit together at that age either.

EDIT: I applaud that cop for handling that the way he did, though I would hope he would give most people in that situation the same opportunity.

Total agreement, and yes he's from the area.