Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NFL 2019 Other Games Thread

Im not sure what to think about any of these games. Im obviously not near as high on the Texans as you are and I have very little confidence in Tannehill. I think the safest bet is saints but I don't know if they cover. I watched several eagles and Seahawks games and came away unimpressed with both teams most of the time so I have no idea who to predict coming from there.

Also cant decide if I'd rather the ravens have to play the texans or titans. I do know that I really don't care who we play except id like us to be the ones to knock Brady and belichek out strictly for the media coverage.

(01-03-2020, 12:28 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  The Rest of the Playoffs
Without going into as much detail, here's how I think the playoffs break down. This is my prediction, not what I want to happen, though there's little difference.

AFC Divisional
Ravens over Titans
Chiefs over Texans

AFC CG
Chiefs over Ravens

NFC Divisional
Seahawks over Niners
Saints over Packers

NFC CG
Saints over Seahawks

Superbowl
Chiefs over Saints

This is more or less my prediction as well.  I like the Seahawks to get past the Niners, but think the Saints can take the Niners in SF in the NFC CG if need be.  I also like the Bills' chances against a Texans team that almost lost to the (frisky) Bucs, but it may be a year too soon for them.  Even then, neither the Bills nor the Titans would advance past the divisional round.

(01-03-2020, 08:39 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Im not sure what to think about any of these games. Im obviously not near as high on the Texans as you are and I have very little confidence in Tannehill. I think the safest bet is saints but I don't know if they cover. I watched several eagles and Seahawks games and came away unimpressed with both teams most of the time so I have no idea who to predict coming from there.

Also cant decide if I'd rather the ravens have to play the texans or titans. I do know that I really don't care who we play except id like us to be the ones to knock Brady and belichek out strictly for the media coverage.

I lack confidence in the Bills more so than I'm confident in the Texans. The Bills don't belong in the playoffs. The Texans do... probably.

Tannehill is consistent and somewhere in the realm of average, hence the Alex Smith comp. A good team with an average QB should be able to beat the Patriots as they currently are.

The Seahawks looked bad at times, true, but they should beat the Eagles no problem. I'm picking them over the Niners mostly because of Russell Wilson. Niners play good complementary football, but I think it's far easier to take away what they do well. It's no simple task to take away Wilson. I'm fully prepared to eat some crow on this one because of the inconsistency of the Seahawks.

In terms of what matchups I want I agree, I don't really know for sure, but I like our chances.

(01-04-2020, 01:05 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(01-03-2020, 08:39 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Im not sure what to think about any of these games. Im obviously not near as high on the Texans as you are and I have very little confidence in Tannehill. I think the safest bet is saints but I don't know if they cover. I watched several eagles and Seahawks games and came away unimpressed with both teams most of the time so I have no idea who to predict coming from there.

I lack confidence in the Bills more so than I'm confident in the Texans. The Bills don't belong in the playoffs. The Texans do... probably.

Tannehill is consistent and somewhere in the realm of average, hence the Alex Smith comp. A good team with an average QB should be able to beat the Patriots as they currently are.

The Seahawks looked bad at times, true, but they should beat the Eagles no problem. I'm picking them over the Niners mostly because of Russell Wilson. Niners play good complementary football, but I think it's far easier to take away what they do well. It's no simple task to take away Wilson. I'm fully prepared to eat some crow on this one because of the inconsistency of the Seahawks.

In terms of what matchups I want I agree, I don't really know for sure, but I like our chances.

Counter point. BoB sucks as a coach.

(01-04-2020, 03:52 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Counter point. BoB sucks as a coach.

Point granted, but...

Is Sean McDermott some beast of a head coach? At best you could say he's unproven.

Neither team impressed. Texans won almost by default. Allen looked so bad in the 2nd half.

(01-04-2020, 08:24 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Neither team impressed. Texans won almost by default. Allen looked so bad in the 2nd half.

Allen looked liked a lost kid at an airport. Completely above his head.

That Titans-Pats game though... wow. I understand both the arguments for and against draining clock the way Vrabel did, but it was worth it regardless to see Belichick go nuts.

So yeah, Chiefs host a team that narrowly won a game simply because someone had to.

(01-05-2020, 02:43 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(01-04-2020, 08:24 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Neither team impressed. Texans won almost by default. Allen looked so bad in the 2nd half.

Allen looked liked a lost kid at an airport. Completely above his head.

That Titans-Pats game though... wow. I understand both the arguments for and against draining clock the way Vrabel did, but it was worth it regardless to see Belichick go nuts.

So yeah, Chiefs host a team that narrowly won a game simply because someone had to.

Didnt watch until 6 minutes left. I decided I'm glad that the titans won because playing Watson will help us work on containing Jackson. Allen would have been some help in that regard too but watson is overall much better. If we can't tackle Watson (like the bills) then we won't be able to tackle Jackson.

We should put nola on suicide watch.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(01-05-2020, 04:28 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  We should put nola on suicide watch.

Minnesota, again? There was so much revenge motivation for the Saints, that has to hurt. Like the Colts for us in the playoffs until recently.

But I've got to imagine the Chiefs help keep his head above water right now. There were several years where the Chiefs were awful and Mizzou doing alright really helped. Gotta imagine that's what it is like to live and die with 2 NFL teams.

My #2 is the Vikes, but I don't live and die with them, so I know it's different.