Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NFL 2019 Other Games Thread

(11-15-2019, 09:45 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  So Myles Garrett went full on crazy at the end of the game last night. He needs to be suspended for the rest of this season and then some.
I don't like how the aggressor rarely gets punished in this situation.  Myles Garrett did go "full on crazy" out of the blue.  Rudolf tried wholeheartedly to pull off Garrett's helmet to instigate this situation. Don't get me wrong, Garrett was wrong for reacting the way he did.  To make matters worse it could have ended had Rudolf not went back at Garrett after they were separated.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(11-15-2019, 11:59 AM)mabbott Wrote:  
(11-15-2019, 09:45 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  So Myles Garrett went full on crazy at the end of the game last night. He needs to be suspended for the rest of this season and then some.
I don't like how the aggressor rarely gets punished in this situation.  Myles Garrett did go "full on crazy" out of the blue.  Rudolf tried wholeheartedly to pull off Garrett's helmet to instigate this situation. Don't get me wrong, Garrett was wrong for reacting the way he did.  To make matters worse it could have ended had Rudolf not went back at Garrett after they were separated.

Well it actually started with garrett hitting rudolph relatively late on a meaningless play with 10ish seconds left in the game. And continued to start with Garrett wrapping up rudolph and putting him on the ground late. Then finished starting with Garrett laying on top of rudolph for way longer than necessary.

(11-15-2019, 01:20 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

Well it actually started with garrett hitting rudolph relatively late on a meaningless play with 10ish seconds left in the game. And continued to start with Garrett wrapping up rudolph and putting him on the ground late. Then finished starting with Garrett laying on top of rudolph for way longer than necessary.

I have a buddy whose theory is that Rudolph dropped an n-bomb at Garrett right before he went apeshit.  Total speculation, but Garrett isn't really that kind of player usually.

(11-15-2019, 01:30 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(11-15-2019, 01:20 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

I have a buddy whose theory is that Rudolph dropped an n-bomb at Garrett right before he went apeshit.  Total speculation, but Garrett isn't really that kind of player usually.

Possible. Tho I'd expect Rudolph to be suspended if that came out. Also Garrett may not be a crazy player it does seem that he has done more than his fair share of hitting QBs late and/or harder than warranted.

Edit: Just read an ESPN article that mentioned the fact that Garrett punched a titans player in the face mask in week 1 which I think I vaguely remember. So he does seem to have some history.

I'm looking forward to the Dallas vs Chicago game. I am looking to see which under-performing team is going to show up.

Chicago has won 3 out of the last 4 and Dallas play calling looks like it was created by Romeo Crennel.

I hope Chicago wins and that is only because I despise a few irritating Dallas fans.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

I need Dak to put up a lot of points for fantasy. So I hope it's a high scoring affair.

(12-04-2019, 08:07 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I need Dak to put up a lot of points for fantasy. So I hope it's a high scoring affair.

I hope that worked for you, because those garbage points at the end totally screwed my defense. Chicago's D/STs went from +6 to -1 because they gave up meaningless points and yards in the final 5 minutes without a sack or INT.

Sometimes fantasy football takes the fun out of things. I couldn't even enjoy the Cowboys getting crushed, and that's one of my favorite things outside of our own division or the Patriots getting walloped.

(12-07-2019, 01:03 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(12-04-2019, 08:07 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I need Dak to put up a lot of points for fantasy. So I hope it's a high scoring affair.

I hope that worked for you, because those garbage points at the end totally screwed my defense. Chicago's D/STs went from +6 to -1 because they gave up meaningless points and yards in the final 5 minutes without a sack or INT.

Sometimes fantasy football takes the fun out of things. I couldn't even enjoy the Cowboys getting crushed, and that's one of my favorite things outside of our own division or the Patriots getting walloped.

He did just enough to keep my hopes alive for the week. And it's because of the last 2 drives.

Josh Gordon suspended again. It's a shame that his early years were cut into but he hadn't been very good the past couple seasons. I'd say we've probably seen the list of him at this point.

Guess this is as good a place as any to make my Wild Card weekend predictions.

AFC
(10-6) Bills @ (10-6) Texans
Saturday 3:35PM

The Bills have a solid defense, but a terrible offense, and all of their stats are propped up by the same hilariously weak schedule that created paper tigers out of the Patriots and Cowboys. An early season win against the Titans was their only quality win (I don't count the Cowboys as a quality win, they're trash). Other than that they've lost to some bad teams and merely played some good teams close. They're frauds.

The Texans on the other hand are battle tested. If not for them resting starters week 17 or a bizarre trap game loss to the Broncos, this team could have very easily been 12-4 and they likely will be getting JJ Watt back for this game.

I think this is the easiest game to predict all weekend.

Prediction: Texans

(9-7) Titans @ (12-4) Patriots
Saturday 7:15PM

Virtually everything I said about the Bills applies to the Patriots. Good defensive numbers that are better than they should be on account of a weak schedule. The difference is the Patriots won against the Bills. For real, that's the biggest difference between their seasons and not insignificant. The most dynamic unit of the field will be the Pats D, but they are starting to get exposed some for their aggression.

Ryan Tannehill appears to be experiencing a mid career surge with a new team a la Alex Smith. Combine that with a serviceable defense and one of the best rushing teams in the league, and you've got a recipe for success... in the regular season at least.

I've went back and forth on this, trying to not let emotion or recency bias be too much of a factor in my pick, but it's obvious the Patriots lack confidence and a competent offense right now.

Prediction: Titans

NFC
(10-6) Vikings @ (13-3) Saints
Sunday 12:05PM

The Vikings are a bit of an odd nut to crack. The NFC North was a quality division, even Chicago wasn't that bad. However, they fell apart down the stretch after starting 6-2. Still, we're talking about a top 5 scoring defense and a slew of offensive weapons. That balance alone makes the Vikings dangerous.

Something I've said many times before is that elite offenses tend to beat elite defenses, and the Saints still have an elite offense. Quite often whenever two good teams clash it breaks down into a shootout, like the Saints - Niners game a month ago.

Although I've got a healthy respect for Minnesota, the Saints are a matchup nightmare for anyone.

Prediction: Saints

(11-5) Seahawks @ (9-7) Eagles
Sunday 3:40PM

I've already made it clear I think basically everyone from the NFC East / AFC East is a joke... except the Eagles. On account of all of their injuries it might not matter, but this team has played well through adversity. Carson Wentz passed for over 4k yards without having a single receiver go over 500 yards. That shows some of the character and the flaws of this team simultaneously.

The Seahawks are an all or nothing team. They started the year sneaky good with a quietly amassed 10-2 record. Toward the end of the season they beat or hung with some great teams, but they also turned around and lost to bad teams like the Cardinals and Rams. It's hard to say what team will show up.

Even if it's on the road, the Seahawks have the better team all around.

Prediction: Seahawks

The Rest of the Playoffs
Without going into as much detail, here's how I think the playoffs break down. This is my prediction, not what I want to happen, though there's little difference.

AFC Divisional
Ravens over Titans
Chiefs over Texans

AFC CG
Chiefs over Ravens

NFC Divisional
Seahawks over Niners
Saints over Packers

NFC CG
Saints over Seahawks

Superbowl
Chiefs over Saints