Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs @ Oakland - Division Opener

It was a real damned shame that Hard Knocks is over, because one more week would have resulted in some hilarious, childish television.

So we had some stupid multi-million dollar investigation into deflated footballs, but the league isn't going to look into whether there was any sort of collusion in between AB's frostbitten asshole and team rub 'n tug? The NFL is a real fucking joke sometimes.

One of the best things about AB leaving is not only their fans having spent all offseason drooling over him, even their coaches said their offense looks a ton worse without him. They can't pretend they're a better product on the field without him, even though they're right his diva ass isn't worth the trouble.

I can't wait to see some outright bad football tomorrow between the Faiders and Donks. I don't even care that one of them is going to win. Their inflated egos will be hilarious to crush too, but whichever team loses most likely knows an 8-8 season would be a relative success at that point.

(09-08-2019, 08:35 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  It was a real damned shame that Hard Knocks is over, because one more week would have resulted in some hilarious, childish television.

So we had some stupid multi-million dollar investigation into deflated footballs, but the league isn't going to look into whether there was any sort of collusion in between AB's frostbitten asshole and team rub 'n tug? The NFL is a real fucking joke sometimes.

One of the best things about AB leaving is not only their fans having spent all offseason drooling over him, even their coaches said their offense looks a ton worse without him. They can't pretend they're a better product on the field without him, even though they're right his diva ass isn't worth the trouble.

I can't wait to see some outright bad football tomorrow between the Faiders and Donks. I don't even care that one of them is going to win. Their inflated egos will be hilarious to crush too, but whichever team loses most likely knows an 8-8 season would be a relative success at that point.

I would not say the Steelers' offense is clicking tonight.

(09-08-2019, 08:39 PM)NOLA Wrote:  I would not say the Steelers' offense is clicking tonight.

Would you rather be a joke without Antonio Brown or a whole different type of joke with him? Honest question.

EDIT: This is presumed through the POV of the Raiders and/or Steelers.

(09-08-2019, 08:46 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(09-08-2019, 08:39 PM)NOLA Wrote:  I would not say the Steelers' offense is clicking tonight.

Would you rather be a joke without Antonio Brown or a whole different type of joke with him? Honest question.

I have no idea what the mindset of those... people?... might be.

Objectively, I think they're a better offense with him than without.  Generational talent and all.  I get that you wanna cut bait at some point, but I'm not sure this is it.  He wanted to be in New England, so maybe he did play everybody.  I think he's gonna go full Patriots Randy Moss before he inevitably goes full Randy Moss (No Qualifiers).  

Also, I think Big Ben is an asshole, so it's tough for me to side with him in their dispute.

(09-08-2019, 09:08 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Objectively, I think they're a better offense with him than without.  Generational talent and all.  I get that you wanna cut bait at some point, but I'm not sure this is it.  He wanted to be in New England, so maybe he did play everybody.  I think he's gonna go full Patriots Randy Moss before he inevitably goes full Randy Moss (No Qualifiers).  

Also, I think Big Ben is an asshole, so it's tough for me to side with him in their dispute.

Yeah. Sometimes there are no heroes in a story.

I just wanted to view it through a different perspective than an actual good team (Pats, Chiefs, Saints) that has some foundational reasons to think they can handle him as well as a realistic end goal of a SB. Judging by tonight, it no longer appears the Steelers are in that category, but I'm not sure how much of that is because AB left. I think their window was closing anyway.

(09-08-2019, 09:14 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

I just wanted to view it through a different perspective than an actual good team (Pats, Chiefs, Saints) that has some foundational reasons to think they can handle him as well as a realistic end goal of a SB. Judging by tonight, it no longer appears the Steelers are in that category, but I'm not sure how much of that is because AB left. I think their window was closing anyway.

I don't think the Steelers have had a realistic window in the past five years (because of how unbalanced the AFC really is), but they were better with AB than without him.

I also had a lot of thoughts about the Saints give him a five-year deal with four automatically-voided years to backload the cap hit in Brees' twilight (they are literally the only team who writes contracts like this... YOLO!), but Payton put the kibosh on it pretty quickly.  He's friends with Gruden after all.

(09-08-2019, 09:25 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-08-2019, 09:14 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

I don't think the Steelers have had a realistic window in the past five years (because of how unbalanced the AFC really is), but they were better with AB than without him.

I also had a lot of thoughts about the Saints give him a five-year deal with four automatically-voided years to backload the cap hit in Brees' twilight (they are literally the only team who writes contracts like this... YOLO!), but Payton put the kibosh on it pretty quickly.  He's friends with Gruden after all.

Dorsey backloaded a deal for Tamba Hali that way, so I'm familiar with the concept. I don't care what position anyone takes on Dorsey's ability to build a roster, his cap handling was straight trash. It's not like we had a Drew Brees we had to pay at the time.

The Steelers have largely been a product of a bad division, so you're probably right that their window wasn't real. I still think they were regressing regardless of AB's status though.

I didn't get all the Steeler love that analysts were giving them this off-season. What did they do this off-season to get better? Trade AB? I don't buy the addition by subtraction theory.

I dunno why all the Steeler love either - they didn't improve their situation one bit. And Big Ben is getting bigger, and not in a good way.

I am going to LOVE watching the Chiefs destroy the Faid one last time in Oakland.

Okay. Now I am Officially Pissed at CBS. Noon game of Pats/Dolphins is ONLY game to be shown here in South Arkansas. Chiefs game shall then be watched at local sports bar. I cannot comprehend that CBS would punish us down here with Pats/Dolphins. Honestly, no one down here cares about either team. In Arkansas it is all a Slobberfest over the Cowboys, even the newspapers refuse to believe another team exists. Chiefs get some coverage but, me being very biased, it could always be more.