Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs Roster Cuts / 53 Man roster

(09-09-2019, 01:54 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-09-2019, 01:40 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(09-09-2019, 01:33 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-09-2019, 12:36 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  So some of us are clamoring for Veach to get us a #1 corner...

... but is that even realistically doable?  If so, who, and how much?

Any ideas?

Xavier Howard in Miami.  Ignore what happened yesterday... Lamar Jackson was statistically just that good.  The Dolphins actually covered really well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27572572/barnwell-week-1-five-most-surprising-qb-performances

And yes, Veach really needs to get us a #1 corner.  Miami is a fire sale right now.  Shouldn't be that hard.
RGIII came in and went 6-6 for 55 yards and a touchdown.  

The metrics used to 'conclude' that the Dolphins covered well is nonsense weighed by how Lamar was throwing DEEP all game.  The phins did NOT cover really well.  They just dared Jackson to throw deep and he put a clown suit on them.  His protection was allowing him to wait 4 seconds to throw a deep pass to a WR's against no high safeties. 

I'm not going to shit all over Jackson because he's clearly made strides, but the Dolphins did not make it hard for him.

Let's not lose the forest for the trees: my point was that Xavier Howard is a viable candidate despite yesterday's game.  I believe that.
 Good point, I agree with that.  The problem is not one guy, and Xavien howard is a good player.  

He ALSO has a VERY trade-friendly contract and is a young 26, which gives him value on TOP of just the fact that he good.

Since the Dolphins are tanking for Tua, Veach should do it.  They might as well help SOMEONE stop the Patriots since they're not even a speed bump.

(09-09-2019, 12:36 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  So some of us are clamoring for Veach to get us a #1 corner...

Any ideas?

Xavier Howard in Miami.  Ignore what happened yesterday... Lamar Jackson was statistically just that good.  The Dolphins actually covered really well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27572572/barnwell-week-1-five-most-surprising-qb-performances

And yes, Veach really needs to get us a #1 corner.  Miami is a fire sale right now.  Shouldn't be that hard.

The metrics used to 'conclude' that the Dolphins covered well is nonsense weighed by how Lamar was throwing DEEP all game.  The phins did NOT cover really well.  They just dared Jackson to throw deep and he put a clown suit on them.  His protection was allowing him to wait 4 seconds to throw a deep pass to a WR's against no high safeties. 

I'm not going to shit all over Jackson because he's clearly made strides, but the Dolphins did not make it hard for him.

To your point. Every highlight I saw had jackson with 4+ seconds and a perfectly clean pocket to step up into. That shit ain't happening every week.

(09-09-2019, 02:01 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

Any ideas?

To your point. Every highlight I saw had jackson with 4+ seconds and a perfectly clean pocket to step up into. That shit ain't happening every week.

Oh he had ALL damn day.  A lot of it because they were crushing them with the running game and the play action was getting guys open all over.

Again, not to take away from Jackson.  Even with all of this going right against a shitty defense I still wouldn't have anticipated him playing that well.