Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs Roster Cuts / 53 Man roster

Tremon Smith is listed as our 5th cb on the latest depth chart. Since it only goes 4 deep at rb theres no way to be sure he's not listed as a rb too but I'm still assuming he'll be cut for dat to return after week 1.

(09-01-2019, 08:08 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-01-2019, 07:19 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(09-01-2019, 07:11 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(09-01-2019, 07:05 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Guys, please stop.  You're not cap experts.  This signing is incredibly low risk.

Am I the ONLY guy that isn't sold on Damien Williams as a bell cow back?  Williams preseason injury probably scared Andy a little, and for good reason.  As soon as that happened he started walking him back as the 'starter'.

I think McCoy has more left in the tank than you saw last year in Buffalo, and this is a team trying to win a championship.  In 2019.  

Well, 2020 actually, but it will be the 2019 season.  Smile

C'mon.  Trust me.  I'm ALWAYS right about RB's.

Dont have to be a cap expert to know they spent 4 mil on backup rbs. One of which will never play a meaningful down for us. And that 4 mil could have and would have rolled over.

So the official conclusion around here is that after 1 bad season behind the worst run blocking OL in the NFL (by a mile) McCoy is trash... right?

I think McCoy will earn his money.  Unless he gets hurt.

Again, your unshakable faith in the durability and success of Damien Williams is a bit baffling.  He did a good job filling in last year.  I'm not sold.  I'd take McCoy at 75% of his best over Williams.

I'm not going to defend Hyde.  Hyde and McCoy are not the same thing.  Like... at ALL.

I agree about the Hyde v. McCoy comparison being bullshit, and also Buffalo being a fucked enough situation that it's tough to know what McCoy is gonna look like this year, but I just really wanted to see Thompson get an early look based on his camp and preseason.

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed about Thompson.  I think he has the skills to be a starter in this league. 

Shady is one of the few RB's I'd pay to watch in his prime.  I think there's a lot of room for optimism since this is most likely a 1 year thing and REALLY sandbags against the very likely issue of injuries at the RB position.  

At worst, if he's not productive, I don't think Andy will hesitate to reduce his PT if Thompson and Williams are playing well.  KC loses 3 million.  It's not my money.  Best case is he pulls the shit AP pulled in Washington and becomes awesome again.  With THIS cast, I think his veteran status helps too.  Not a lot of vets on this offense.

KC had depth issues at RB, and now suddenly it has 3 guys I'd be comfortable with carrying the load.

Heh, boom.

Shady is the man. He's still got it.

While he no longer has the speed that Damien Williams has you could see that he has better field vision.

(09-09-2019, 08:38 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  While he no longer has the speed that Damien Williams has you could see that he has better field vision.

I thought Williams made some nice moves too. Might have been in the passing game and not on runs tho.

So some of us are clamoring for Veach to get us a #1 corner...

... but is that even realistically doable? If so, who, and how much?

Any ideas?

(09-09-2019, 08:38 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  While he no longer has the speed that Damien Williams has you could see that he has better field vision.

McCoy was never as fast as Williams.  At least he never looked it to me.  

I think sometimes people over-rate his speed, but Shady has always been about his sweet sweet jukes and moves.  He's really hard to tackle.

(09-09-2019, 12:36 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  So some of us are clamoring for Veach to get us a #1 corner...

... but is that even realistically doable?  If so, who, and how much?

Any ideas?

Xavier Howard in Miami.  Ignore what happened yesterday... Lamar Jackson was statistically just that good.  The Dolphins actually covered really well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27572572/barnwell-week-1-five-most-surprising-qb-performances

And yes, Veach really needs to get us a #1 corner. Miami is a fire sale right now. Shouldn't be that hard.

(09-09-2019, 01:33 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-09-2019, 12:36 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  So some of us are clamoring for Veach to get us a #1 corner...

Any ideas?

Xavier Howard in Miami.  Ignore what happened yesterday... Lamar Jackson was statistically just that good.  The Dolphins actually covered really well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27572572/barnwell-week-1-five-most-surprising-qb-performances

And yes, Veach really needs to get us a #1 corner.  Miami is a fire sale right now.  Shouldn't be that hard.
RGIII came in and went 6-6 for 55 yards and a touchdown.  

The metrics used to 'conclude' that the Dolphins covered well is nonsense weighed by how Lamar was throwing DEEP all game.  The phins did NOT cover really well.  They just dared Jackson to throw deep and he put a clown suit on them.  His protection was allowing him to wait 4 seconds to throw a deep pass to a WR's against no high safeties. 

I'm not going to shit all over Jackson because he's clearly made strides, but the Dolphins did not make it hard for him.

(09-09-2019, 01:40 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(09-09-2019, 01:33 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Any ideas?

And yes, Veach really needs to get us a #1 corner.  Miami is a fire sale right now.  Shouldn't be that hard.
RGIII came in and went 6-6 for 55 yards and a touchdown.  

The metrics used to 'conclude' that the Dolphins covered well is nonsense weighed by how Lamar was throwing DEEP all game.  The phins did NOT cover really well.  They just dared Jackson to throw deep and he put a clown suit on them.  His protection was allowing him to wait 4 seconds to throw a deep pass to a WR's against no high safeties. 

I'm not going to shit all over Jackson because he's clearly made strides, but the Dolphins did not make it hard for him.

Let's not lose the forest for the trees: my point was that Xavier Howard is a viable candidate despite yesterday's game.  I believe that.