Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs Roster Cuts / 53 Man roster

More wasted money at rb in my opinion. Between McCoy and hyde we've spent 4.5 mil on a rb that could have been used as extra cap space next year or on the front end of an extension for someone useful.

(09-01-2019, 04:05 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Chiefs are signing Shady McCoy for too damn much money, $3M guaranteed, per Adam Schefter.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/8/31...sean-mccoy

This is a combination nostalgia signing and a spite signing because the other team interested was the as of yet Gordon-less Chargers (they granted Gordon the opportunity to seek trades). I think this is a mistake, but it's also kind of hilarious just to piss in the Bolts' eyes.

Shady has been awful the last couple years, but I wouldn't be completely shocked to see him have a mini-resurgence under Reid.

I'm guessing this means Darrell Williams or Tremon Smith is gone. Might be delayed a week depending upon when Henne gets taken off the roster, but one of them will be gone.

Just... why?

(09-01-2019, 08:10 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  More wasted money at rb in my opinion. Between McCoy and hyde we've spent 4.5 mil on a rb that could have been used as extra cap space next year or on the front end of an extension for someone useful.

You make a lot of good points in very few words.  I'm not a fan of this move at all.

Maybe the best thing about signing Shady is it'll be that much longer before the team decides to re-sign C.J. Spiller.

Charcandrick West might be the more realistic option, but CJ was the better joke, so I went with that.

Chiefs did not claim any players on waivers and no one was claimed from their cut players. I'm genuinely surprised. Still wouldn't be surprised to see another signing or trade though.

Practice squad is getting filled out. Only heard 3 names so far; OL James Murray, WR Cody Thompson, TE Nick Keizer

(08-31-2019, 03:46 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(08-31-2019, 03:08 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Traded hyde to the texans for Rankin a g/t that would have been cut.

Probably why mckenzie was released. Good enough deal for us but I still hate the signing bonus we gave to hyde.

We saved something like $700k guaranteed money we wouldn't have gotten if we cut him, so this is a goddamn miracle!

Plus, NOLA is right. This officially makes it Darwin Thompson chance to get some playing time early.

Yeah so we saved the 700k that was guaranteed as part of his 1st year salary. We paid the 800k signing bonus and 100k workout bonus but got off the hook for the other guaranteed money. Still would have rathered never signing him but this makes it a little easier to swallow.

Guys, please stop.  You're not cap experts.  This signing is incredibly low risk.

Am I the ONLY guy that isn't sold on Damien Williams as a bell cow back?  Williams preseason injury probably scared Andy a little, and for good reason.  As soon as that happened he started walking him back as the 'starter'.

I think McCoy has more left in the tank than you saw last year in Buffalo, and this is a team trying to win a championship.  In 2019.  

Well, 2020 actually, but it will be the 2019 season.  Smile

C'mon.  Trust me.  I'm ALWAYS right about RB's, and KC has a great stable of RB's right now.

(09-01-2019, 07:05 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Guys, please stop.  You're not cap experts.  This signing is incredibly low risk.

Am I the ONLY guy that isn't sold on Damien Williams as a bell cow back?  Williams preseason injury probably scared Andy a little, and for good reason.  As soon as that happened he started walking him back as the 'starter'.

I think McCoy has more left in the tank than you saw last year in Buffalo, and this is a team trying to win a championship.  In 2019.  

C'mon.  Trust me.  I'm ALWAYS right about RB's.

Dont have to be a cap expert to know they spent 4 mil on backup rbs. One of which will never play a meaningful down for us. And that 4 mil could have and would have rolled over.

(09-01-2019, 07:11 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(09-01-2019, 07:05 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Guys, please stop.  You're not cap experts.  This signing is incredibly low risk.

Dont have to be a cap expert to know they spent 4 mil on backup rbs. One of which will never play a meaningful down for us. And that 4 mil could have and would have rolled over.

So the official conclusion around here is that after 1 bad season behind the worst run blocking OL in the NFL (by a mile) McCoy is trash... right?

I think McCoy will earn his money.  Unless he gets hurt.

Again, your unshakable faith in the durability and success of Damien Williams is a bit baffling.  He did a good job filling in last year.  I'm not sold.  I'd take McCoy at 75% of his best over Williams.

I'm not going to defend Hyde.  Hyde and McCoy are not the same thing.  Like... at ALL.

(09-01-2019, 07:19 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(09-01-2019, 07:11 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

So the official conclusion around here is that after 1 bad season behind the worst run blocking OL in the NFL (by a mile) McCoy is trash... right?

I think McCoy will earn his money.  Unless he gets hurt.

Again, your unshakable faith in the durability and success of Damien Williams is a bit baffling.  He did a good job filling in last year.  I'm not sold.  I'd take McCoy at 75% of his best over Williams.

I'm not going to defend Hyde.  Hyde and McCoy are not the same thing.  Like... at ALL.

I agree about the Hyde v. McCoy comparison being bullshit, and also Buffalo being a fucked enough situation that it's tough to know what McCoy is gonna look like this year, but I just really wanted to see Thompson get an early look based on his camp and preseason.