Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs @ Jacksonville - Season Opener

For your pleasure, here is the play. 

[Image: 3xKfwe9.gif]

I hate Jalen Ramsey.  So... lol.  That is a NASTY juke.  Watkins is so good after the catch.

(09-08-2019, 10:08 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  For your pleasure, here is the play. 

I hate Jalen Ramsey.  So... lol.  That is a NASTY juke.  Watkins is so good after the catch.

Sammy Watkins might actually be healthy for the first time in a few years.

It’s good to get the first win under the belt. Mahomes is Mahomes, just awesome. But his no look pass cost us 4 points. If he would have looked at Kelse he would have had an easy TD. Great to see Sammy step it up, but how will he be when he’s the focus? LeSean was a huge signing for us, we needed that veteran leadership in the backfield. The Chiefs traditionally have made backup QBs look great, don’t know how that always happens, it’s totally different players, but it does. Sucked that the Jags got off the hook on some of their egregious penalties because we off set them. I don’t think that Robinson retaliating against that thug Mack punching him should have been a penalty, he didn’t start that crap. That cost us 4 points as well. Lastly, does anyone have an video of Frank Clark’s INt? CBS told us they were switching to a more competitive game (Browns-Titans), then came back and said technical difficulties. Yeah. I think they made a mistake and sent everyone, even the fans of the two teams, away, then when they figured out their mistake, couldn’t send them back, so we miss Clark’s INT and Matt Moore’s much anticipated KC debut.

—————————————————————————————————————————-

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how much Red there was in that stadium.

(09-09-2019, 06:16 AM)Razorchief Wrote:  I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how much Red there was in that stadium.

Me, too. "Arrowhead Southeast". Wink

As for the Defense, I also think the fundamentals are a lot better than they were last year.  I bet we'll see it gel into "not terrible" by about week 4.

Ditto the O-Line. They'll stiffen up.

(09-08-2019, 11:13 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-08-2019, 10:08 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  For your pleasure, here is the play. 

Sammy Watkins might actually be healthy for the first time in a few years.
Buffalo allowing him to play on a broken foot was retarded.  It didn't heal right, and it's been a problem ever since.  

He said his feet feel 100% for the first time in years, and he sure as hell looks like it.

(09-09-2019, 12:32 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  
(09-09-2019, 06:16 AM)Razorchief Wrote:  I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how much Red there was in that stadium.

As for the Defense, I also think the fundamentals are a lot better than they were last year.  I bet we'll see it gel into "not terrible" by about week 4.

I really don't know what people are seeing that I'm not.  They gave up 430 yards to a bad offense with their back up QB.  Foles/Minshew had 350 yards 3 TD's and 1 INT  (that, apparently, nobody watching TV got to see and was apparently a double batted pass) and had 81 rushing yards on 16 carries.  They averaged over 5 yards per rush and more than 10 yards per passing attempt.  KC got minimal pressure throughout the game and Ward gave up something like 7/7 for 128 yards.  One top of that 5/10 on 3rd down.

They looked awful IMO.  Mahomes might throw more than 50 TD's and 5K this year.  He's that good, and they look like they'll need it.   A good performance against the Raiders won't make me feel better.  Sutton's D beat up the Raiders.  That's low hanging fruit.  Until they have some good showings against respectable offenses (which the jags are not) I'm a bit worried.  They look no better than last year, and on paper our back 7 is terrible.

They had a ton of games just like this last year.  

I think if Spags gets them into the top 20 he'll have done a GREAT job as a DC, and I'm not sure Spags is that good.

(09-09-2019, 01:52 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

I really don't know what people are seeing that I'm not.  They gave up 430 yards to a bad offense with their back up QB.  Foles/Minshew had 350 yards 3 TD's and 1 INT  (that, apparently, nobody watching TV got to see and was apparently a double batted pass) and had 81 rushing yards on 16 carries.  They averaged over 5 yards per rush and more than 10 yards per passing attempt.  KC got minimal pressure throughout the game and Ward gave up something like 7/7 for 128 yards.  One top of that 5/10 on 3rd down.

They looked awful IMO.  Mahomes might throw more than 50 TD's and 5K this year.  He's that good, and they look like they'll need it.   A good performance against the Raiders won't make me feel better.  Sutton's D beat up the Raiders.  That's low hanging fruit.  Until they have some good showings against respectable offenses (which the jags are not) I'm a bit worried.  They look no better than last year, and on paper our back 7 is terrible.

I think if Spags gets them into the top 20 he'll have done a GREAT job as a DC, and I'm not sure Spags is that good.
Not trying to argue with you; but.... Gardner Minshew was a good QB in college that should have been drafted higher.  He made Washington State look like a competitive team for most of the year and they did not have an easy schedule.

He had a 147.6 QB rating last year and threw 38 touchdowns. 

I feel we will see him succeed in Foles absence.  I would rather have him as our backup than Moore.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(09-09-2019, 02:15 PM)mabbott Wrote:  
(09-09-2019, 01:52 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

Not trying to argue with you; but.... Gardner Minshew was a good QB in college that should have been drafted higher.  He made Washington State look like a competitive team for most of the year and they did not have an easy schedule.

He had a 147.6 QB rating last year and threw 38 touchdowns. 

I feel we will see him succeed in Foles absence.  I would rather have him as our backup than Moore.
If you're right, I'll feel better about this performance in retrospect.

I mean the defensive performance.  This offense is a monster.

(09-09-2019, 01:52 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  I think if Spags gets them into the top 20 he'll have done a GREAT job as a DC, and I'm not sure Spags is that good.

Spags is bad!  I don't know why I'm the only dude in the sandwich board about this!

[Image: kVigjuB.gif]