Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs @ Jacksonville - Season Opener

(09-03-2019, 07:49 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  Idiot Jax fans (and Jack Del Rio) are apparently speculating that a football team that trained in St. Joe for the last couple of months is going to have some trouble with the heat and humidity in Jax.

Because, y'know, it doesn't get really hot and humid in the midwest.

And the last time the Chiefs played game 1 in Jax - in 2013 - the Chiefs won 28-2.

They did sign Litton, which may give them some insight.  Not sure how much it helps with KC's speed and god Emperor Mahomes at QB, but it's a thing.  Plus it's a road game.  

It's not a gimme. With that D it's really all about how competent Foles can be.  Even if he's ineffective he's probably not going to throw 4 picks like Bortles did.  KC broke their will last season, and I have a hunch a lot of those hold-overs are still salty about it.

(09-03-2019, 08:16 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(09-03-2019, 07:49 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  Idiot Jax fans (and Jack Del Rio) are apparently speculating that a football team that trained in St. Joe for the last couple of months is going to have some trouble with the heat and humidity in Jax.

Because, y'know, it doesn't get really hot and humid in the midwest.

And the last time the Chiefs played game 1 in Jax - in 2013 - the Chiefs won 28-2.

They did sign Litton, which may give them some insight.  Not sure how much it helps with KC's speed and god Emperor Mahomes at QB, but it's a thing.  Plus it's a road game.  

It's not a gimme. With that D it's really all about how competent Foles can be.  Even if he's ineffective he's probably not going to throw 4 picks like Bortles did.  KC broke their will last season, and I have a hunch a lot of those hold-overs are still salty about it.

IIRC, before that blowout in 2013, they signed Ricky Stanzi after we cut him.

That helped them out big-time.

People are speculating that it's the heat and humidity that will give Jax a leg up on the Chiefs, not the Jags themselves.  It's absurd.

Jacksonville should know us pretty well by now, and if anybody has a chance w/the game plan against us, it's them.  They have a defense to be respected and I think their offense will be much better than it was last year (which wasn't very hard to do, really, but still).  I think the Chiefs will win but it'll be a fight.  And that's due to the Jags themselves, not the weather.

Look at this shit.  Most of the country is getting Chiefs-Jags and they're sticking me with fucking Titans-Browns?

[Image: 01-CBS.png]

Tennessee @ Cleveland
Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Kansas City @ Jacksonville
Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts

Buffalo @ NY Jets
Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon

Baltimore @ Miami
Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Indianapolis @ LA Chargers (LATE)
Greg Gumbel, Trent Green

Cincinnati @ Seattle (LATE)
Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta

At least it's CBS's A team. I hate Dan Fouts and Ian Eagle.

(09-04-2019, 01:34 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  At least it's CBS's A team.  I hate Dan Fouts and Ian Eagle.

I can live with Fouts.  Eagle sucks.

Yeah, that map sucks. Pretty sure there's x10 as many Chiefs fans than Browns and Titans fans combined in Oklahoma.

I know Mayfield is why Oklahoma is getting the Browns. Damn good thing I get station out of Little Rock. living down in South Arkansas that map scared me for a minute.

Tyreek could have a new contract this weekend.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/9/5/...is-weekend

(09-05-2019, 05:34 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Tyreek could have a new contract this weekend.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/9/5/...is-weekend
"Could?"

[Image: HG.gif]