Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2019 Fantasy Football Thread

(09-04-2019, 06:22 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Week 1 starts tomorrow, and as such I've actually got a few players in the Thursday night game.

Need to pick 1 WR and 1 Flex out of these guys, 1/2 point PPR. The number in front is ESPN's projections:
10.9 RB Phillip Lindsay @ Oak
10.6 RB Tarik Cohen vs. GB (Thurs)
10.4 WR Cooper Kupp @ Car (Listed a Questionable)
10.3 WR Allen Robinson vs. GB (Thurs)

Right now I have Lindsay at Flex 2 and Robinson at WR2. I think Kupp will actually play and be fine, but I haven't seen an actually injury report yet and he may come out of the gates slow returning from injury.

I would do the exact opposite of what you're proposing.  Trubisky sucks, so he can't find Robinson--an otherwise excellent receiver--and will still dump off to Cohen a lot.  Kupp is fully healthy and better than you remember in a much more productive offense.

That same dynasty league I have Mahomes in? He's backed up by Lamar Jackson.

The other people in my league are bad at dynasty.

(09-09-2019, 01:40 PM)NOLA Wrote:  That same dynasty league I have Mahomes in?  He's backed up by Lamar Jackson. 

So fun fact: the other people in my league are bad at dynasty.

Anyway, Mahomes lost his job due to injury to Lamar Jackson fuggin' weeks ago, but this week, I'm thinking of starting streaky, maybe hurt(?) Mahomes against that dogshit Oakland team over starting Lamar at home against San Fran.  Thoughts?  Agree?  Disagree?  Just want to compliment my impressive skill and insight at dynasty fantasy football?

(11-25-2019, 01:30 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-09-2019, 01:40 PM)NOLA Wrote:  That same dynasty league I have Mahomes in?  He's backed up by Lamar Jackson. 

So fun fact: the other people in my league are bad at dynasty.

Anyway, Mahomes lost his job due to injury to Lamar Jackson fuggin' weeks ago, but this week, I'm thinking of starting streaky, maybe hurt(?) Mahomes against that dogshit Oakland team over starting Lamar at home against San Fran.  Thoughts?  Agree?  Disagree?  Just want to compliment my impressive skill and insight at dynasty fantasy football?

I want to get in on a dynasty league but preferably from the beginning and also not just standard scoring settings.

Also, start mahomes.

Also, trade Jackson before he becomes rg3.

You don't want my opinion on fantasy at all right now. This is the first bad season I've ever had (3-8, likely 3-9), and man it is hitting me hard. I've got a decent roster still, but I literally started every wrong person this week for example.

In one of my leagues that I've never finished lower than 4th in, I'm 7th right now at 6-6. With the 2nd highest point total. But I've cost myself some wins too. And david johnson has cost me a couple.

(11-25-2019, 09:44 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  In one of my leagues that I've never finished lower than 4th in,  I'm 7th right now at 6-6. With the 2nd highest point total. But I've cost myself some wins too. And david johnson has cost me a couple.

I have always made the playoffs and won at least one game over a decade of playing fantasy. I never finished lower than 3rd in any league (obviously a matter of circumstance). This is a whole new experience for me.

I'm dead last. I've got a good enough roster to win against anyone, my bench even without a Kicker or D/ST would have won this week, it's just been a terrible case of bad luck and poor choices on my part. Jared Goff totally forgot how to football and there were some injuries along the way too.

My goal at this point is to win the loser's bracket which will give me my choice in the draft order next year (everyone else is randomized). Secondary goal is to not lose the Toilet Bowl game if it comes down to that. Loser gets their team renamed by the team that beat them.

(11-26-2019, 06:49 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(11-25-2019, 09:44 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  In one of my leagues that I've never finished lower than 4th in,  I'm 7th right now at 6-6. With the 2nd highest point total. But I've cost myself some wins too. And david johnson has cost me a couple.

I have always made the playoffs and won at least one game over a decade of playing fantasy. I never finished lower than 3rd in any league (obviously a matter of circumstance). This is a whole new experience for me.

I'm dead last. I've got a good enough roster to win against anyone, my bench even without a Kicker or D/ST would have won this week, it's just been a terrible case of bad luck and poor choices on my part. Jared Goff totally forgot how to football and there were some injuries along the way too.

My goal at this point is to win the loser's bracket which will give me my choice in the draft order next year (everyone else is randomized). Secondary goal is to not lose the Toilet Bowl game if it comes down to that. Loser gets their team renamed by the team that beat them.
 Our loser has to put up a fat head of the league winner in their house for the entire offseason.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(11-26-2019, 01:04 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  

Our loser has to put up a fat head of the league winner in their house for the entire offseason.

That's an awesome idea. We're a cheap entry fee league ($20) so we don't have a budget (people donated for our championship belt) though we thought about buying a cheap toilet trophy, but if we could think of a universal thing we all hated for a single fathead that might work. Unfortunately, we actually do have a guy that likes the Patriots, so Tom Brady is out.

(11-26-2019, 01:19 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(11-26-2019, 01:04 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  

That's an awesome idea. We're a cheap entry fee league ($20) so we don't have a budget (people donated for our championship belt) though we thought about buying a cheap toilet trophy, but if we could think of a universal thing we all hated for a single fathead that might work. Unfortunately, we actually do have a guy that likes the Patriots, so Tom Brady is out.

We do a 20 dollar buy in to cover costs like that and shipping the belt. The fat head is new. In the past the loser lost their Facebook profile pic.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates