Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2019 Fantasy Football Thread

(08-30-2019, 12:28 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  New trade proposal (haven't had any more talks with the Rams fan yet). Last year's Zeke owner and the guy that beat me in the championship wants Zeke back.

His initial offer was RB Aaron Jones and WR Jarvis Landry for Zeke.

I told him I was leaning towards no and while discussing it he asked about any else I'd rather have.

We are both currently considering RB Mixon and WR Landry for Zeke and his handcuff Pollard (I'd have to cut either him or Courtland Sutton anyway).

I don't really want to face a team with both Zeke and David Johnson in the playoffs, but I could get some steady production from Mixon instead and insane depth at WR.

I wouldn't do it if you have to include Pollard. Not sure I'd do it anyway. Im not a big believer in Landry this year.

(08-30-2019, 12:45 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(08-30-2019, 12:28 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  New trade proposal (haven't had any more talks with the Rams fan yet). Last year's Zeke owner and the guy that beat me in the championship wants Zeke back.

I told him I was leaning towards no and while discussing it he asked about any else I'd rather have.

We are both currently considering RB Mixon and WR Landry for Zeke and his handcuff Pollard (I'd have to cut either him or Courtland Sutton anyway).

I don't really want to face a team with both Zeke and David Johnson in the playoffs, but I could get some steady production from Mixon instead and insane depth at WR.

I wouldn't do it if you have to include Pollard. Not sure I'd do it anyway. Im not a big believer in Landry this year.

Well, I'd have to cut someone if I did a 2 for 1, and that's either Pollard or WR Courtland Sutton. Pollard only has value as long as Zeke doesn't play.

(08-30-2019, 02:30 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(08-30-2019, 12:45 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

Well, I'd have to cut someone if I did a 2 for 1, and that's either Pollard or WR Courtland Sutton. Pollard only has value as long as Zeke doesn't play.

But you wouldn't cut pollard right now with Zeke out. So by that logic I wouldn't trade him.

I should have mentioned this sooner, but it's worth checking to see if Buffalo RB Devin Singletary is available in your leagues.

I missed him by about an hour.

(09-01-2019, 11:35 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I should have mentioned this sooner, but it's worth checking to see if Buffalo RB Devin Singletary is available in your leagues.

Pretty sure I have him all three leagues.

Disappointingly, I have Darwin Thompson in those leagues too... This really turned out to be zero sum for me.

(09-01-2019, 02:29 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-01-2019, 11:35 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I should have mentioned this sooner, but it's worth checking to see if Buffalo RB Devin Singletary is available in your leagues.

Disappointingly, I have Darwin Thompson in those leagues too... This really turned out to be zero sum for me.

I never really expected this to turn into a Kamara / Ingram situation where you could reliably start Damien and Darwin, especially not early in the season, so I don't actually think this hurts you as much as it helps you. Thompson is still likely RB1 if Damien gets hurt / can't handle a full-time starter role. Probably, anyway.

In my random auction league I picked him up but I'm not betting on much from him.

I over drafted thompson in my main league and now I'm absolutely feeling burned by this pickup. I've got to drop someone for a kicker before week 1 anyway so I'm thinking it might be thompson. Was probably going to be hardman.

(09-01-2019, 02:48 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(09-01-2019, 02:29 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

I never really expected this to turn into a Kamara / Ingram situation where you could reliably start Damien and Darwin, especially not early in the season, so I don't actually think this hurts you as much as it helps you. Thompson is still likely RB1 if Damien gets hurt / can't handle a full-time starter role. Probably, anyway.

Obviously, I'm still thrilled to have him in dynasty, but I expected him to be the starter by about Week 5 (again, Damien Williams; he's never started more than four games in a season).  Now I figure it'll take until Week 8 or so.

Week 1 starts tomorrow, and as such I've actually got a few players in the Thursday night game.

Need to pick 1 WR and 1 Flex out of these guys, 1/2 point PPR. The number in front is ESPN's projections:
10.9 RB Phillip Lindsay @ Oak
10.6 RB Tarik Cohen vs. GB (Thurs)
10.4 WR Cooper Kupp @ Car (Listed a Questionable)
10.3 WR Allen Robinson vs. GB (Thurs)

Right now I have Lindsay at Flex 2 and Robinson at WR2. I think Kupp will actually play and be fine, but I haven't seen an actually injury report yet and he may come out of the gates slow returning from injury.

(09-04-2019, 06:22 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Week 1 starts tomorrow, and as such I've actually got a few players in the Thursday night game.

Need to pick 1 WR and 1 Flex out of these guys, 1/2 point PPR. The number in front is ESPN's projections:
10.9 RB Phillip Lindsay @ Oak
10.6 RB Tarik Cohen vs. GB (Thurs)
10.4 WR Cooper Kupp @ Car (Listed a Questionable)
10.3 WR Allen Robinson vs. GB (Thurs)

Right now I have Lindsay at Flex 2 and Robinson at WR2. I think Kupp will actually play and be fine, but I haven't seen an actually injury report yet and he may come out of the gates slow returning from injury.

I'd do the same as what you have.