Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2019 Fantasy Football Thread

This will hopefully keep me from hijacking other threads to talk about this shit.

Anyway, drafting 10th in my rookie dynasty draft--Mike Singletary or Justice Hill?  I already have Lamar Jackson (backup to Mahomes) and Gus Edwards (Maybe backup to Mark Ingram), so there's some wisdom in grabbing Hill, I guess, but I think I like Singeltary's situation (McCoy--candidate to be a cap casualty--and Frank Gore ahead of him) better than Hill's.

I can't hardly imagine they'd cut McCoy this close to the season. If they had been worried about the cap hit they would have done it. That said I haven't even heard of justice hill.

Hardman went right before me in the second at 2.09. Got Thompson at 2.10 instead.

Con flip on those two on most fantasy relevant this year at least.

Im back in a league where you are limited to 10 acquisitions for the season so im probably going to try to get Thompson in the last round. I think he has a decent shot at being flex worthy or more if Williams struggles. But hardman could potentially see Watkins targets if/ when he gets injured.

(08-18-2019, 02:39 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Con flip on those two on most fantasy relevant this year at least.

Im back in a league where you are limited to 10 acquisitions for the season so im probably going to try to get Thompson in the last round. I think he has a decent shot at being flex worthy or more if Williams struggles. But hardman could potentially see Watkins targets if/ when he gets injured.

Yeah.  Also, I've had Watkins since he came out of college, so having Hardman as his backup would've been nice.  That said, it sounds like Thompson is doing well.  Already seems to be beating Hyde, and I don't have much faith in Williams.

Had my draft tonight. Only in one league this year, the 1/2 point PPR I got 2nd in last year that I'm co-commish with a cheap $20 buy-in. Picked 9th in a 10 team snake, so quick turnarounds and long lulls. 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 D/ST, 1 K starters and 7 man bench.

Team Name: Goff Kids

QB: Goff, Rivers
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Coleman, Cohen, Lindsay
WR: Adams, Kupp, Allen Robinson, Kirk, Sutton, James Washington
TE: Kittle, Ebron
D/ST: Jaguars
K: Tucker

Team name stays the same as last year when I also had Goff. He may be a system QB, but he'll get his yards and maybe a couple more redzone TDs since they're taking some workload off of Gurley.

Rivers is both an insurance pick and possible future trade bait to someone that loses their starter or possibly my co-commish who missed the run on QBs and has Kyler Murray OB1 and Josh Allen. Yeeesh.

I probably should have taken another RB late instead of WR, but I'm going to drop James Washington to pick up a different D/ST for week 1 anyway, seeing as the Jags face the Chiefs. Aiming for Ravens vs. Mia, which I'm kind of surprised didn't get drafted. #2 on waiver priority, which resets at the start of each week based on record

Zeke is a big risk (taken 2.2), but that just means I'd be starting Lindsay and Cohen instead of one or the other if he's out for only a short time. Risk worth taking in my book.

No real chance to get any homer Chiefs picks. Mahomes went 1.2, Hill went 2.1 (would have picked at 2.2), etc... Even Darwin Thompson went 8.1, which for reference I picked Lindsay at 8.2.

One poor soul auto-drafted Luck and Lamar Miller. I'm glad they already paid their league dues.

Other weird picks, Dashaun Watson went 1.10, Kareem Hunt went 4.1, Minnesota D/ST went 7.10 (Bears were the only other D/ST before the 13th round). There's others, but that's what really seemed off the rails outside of some Chiefs homerism.

I may have a unique opportunity to screw over a fanboy in a trade.

Got a Rams nuthugger that wants Goff and offered Wentz for him straight up. This is a terrible trade, Wentz was available at my pick. That being said I think I could make a ridiculous counter offer and he may take it.

Here's what he has minus a couple worthless players (Luck, Miller) and Gurley since he's off limits (Rams fan).

QB: Wentz
RB: Bell, Mack, Freeman
WR: Keenan Allen, Hilton, Golladay, Allison Jeffery, Jamison Crowder
TE: OJ Howard

I'm thinking if I sweeten this deal for his homerism by also offering Kupp I might get a significant upgrade at WR for it. I'm going to offer for Allen, probably get turned down but hoping for a counter offer of TY. Note that Kupp when healthy was actually the 8th best fantasy WR, so not only can I sell this trade to fellow owners I'm actually kind of wondering if it's the best deal for me. Whose health would I even trust more?

So, try to trade Goff and Kupp for Allen and Wentz?

Anyway, should I try this or am I off base? Ask for Bell? Ask for TY sans Luck instead? Offer a throw-in back end of the roster guy since he got screwed by autodraft?

Not sure I'm really the guy to ask because I would have Wentz over Goff to start with. But I think you could reasonably ask for allen and wentz for Goff and kupp and be upgrading. I dont think I'd take Hilton back, he'll produce but I'm doubting he has many if any monster weeks.

(08-26-2019, 08:02 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Not sure I'm really the guy to ask because I would have Wentz over Goff to start with. But I think you could reasonably ask for allen and wentz for Goff and kupp and be upgrading. I dont think I'd take Hilton back, he'll produce but I'm doubting he has many if any monster weeks.

Health and consistency both easily tip the scales to Goff, but I don't blame anyone for preferring Wentz's upside.

New trade proposal (haven't had any more talks with the Rams fan yet). Last year's Zeke owner and the guy that beat me in the championship wants Zeke back.

His initial offer was RB Aaron Jones and WR Jarvis Landry for Zeke.

I told him I was leaning towards no and while discussing it he asked about any else I'd rather have.

We are both currently considering RB Mixon and WR Landry for Zeke and his handcuff Pollard (I'd have to cut either him or Courtland Sutton anyway).

I don't really want to face a team with both Zeke and David Johnson in the playoffs, but I could get some steady production from Mixon instead and insane depth at WR.