Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2019 Offseason Thread - Other NFL teams

Word is they are going to try to put him on the reserve left squad list so he cant join another team. This is so crazy.

(09-07-2019, 09:55 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Word is they are going to try to put him on the reserve left squad list so he cant join another team. This is so crazy.

Good.  

In all my years as a fan I can't remember anyone except Vince Young going AWOL on his team (and that was more understandable) , and Brown went AWOL like 3 times last year with the Steelers and spent some time AWOL with the Raiders.  Nobody knew where he was.   He was just skipping practice and meetings and ghosting everyone who called him.

The question is.. was last season really THE FIRST TIME Brown went AWOL, or did the Steelers just leak it to the public last year instead of keeping it quiet because they knew they were moving on?  Seems like he just thinks it's normal behavior and doesn't understand why it's such a BFD.

XD

They released him. AB made Jon Gruden his bitch.

So hes not getting paid anything from the raiders? Nobody is going to give him the money the raiders did. He'll be lucky to find a winning team that would be willing to give him a million to play after this shitshow.

Also, if we didn't already know the raiders were dysfunctional this shit proved it. Gruden brought in mayock but they were in total fucking opposition to each other in handling this.

Or NE will give him 15 mil for one season....

Anyone else smell tampering that nobody will EVER investigate?

(09-07-2019, 07:16 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Anyone else smell tampering that nobody will EVER investigate?

This one was telegraphed from a mile away.  Not since George Costanza dragged the World Series trophy around the Yankees Stadium parking lot while yelling obscenities at George Steinbrenner, has someone so obviously tried to get fired.  Right after release, we all knew the Patriots would be calling.

Something I heard from a Denver fan:

"The Raiders getting rid of their best player right before the season is my new favorite tradition."

(09-08-2019, 01:43 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Something I heard from a Denver fan:

"The Raiders getting rid of their best player right before the season is my new favorite tradition."

That is funny, but this one is way different than Mack.  I've seen a couple of talking heads today sincerely call AB a "genius" for orchestrating this move, which is rumored to be what he wanted originally: a trade to the Patriots.  I'm not inclined to give him the genius title, but we're definitely in "crazy like a fox" territory for sure.

(09-08-2019, 11:22 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-08-2019, 01:43 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Something I heard from a Denver fan:

That is funny, but this one is way different than Mack.  I've seen a couple of talking heads today sincerely call AB a "genius" for orchestrating this move, which is rumored to be what he wanted originally: a trade to the Patriots.  I'm not inclined to give him the genius title, but we're definitely in "crazy like a fox" territory for sure.

A couple?  

Why not just call Tony Gonzalaz out by name?  Of COURSE he'd admire AB's actions.  Tony is a douchebag.

That being said, AB made the Raiders AND Jon Gruden his bitch.  It couldn't have happened to a better team, but I'd hate to see a precedent set.  This will change how GM's approach contracts and trades if others emulate it... and they will.  Because it worked.