Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2019 Offseason Thread

(08-15-2019, 08:10 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(08-15-2019, 07:17 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(08-15-2019, 04:04 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(08-15-2019, 03:02 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Has anybody heard about Darwin Thompson?  Critically--Is he worth a 1st round pick (10th overall) in my dynasty rookie draft?  I need runners.

I don't know too much about dynasty rookie drafts, but most services I looked at real quick place him as a 3rd rounder or later (25th was his best ranking). He's looked impressive thus far, pure explosion in a compact frame. I'd at least consider drafting him in the 2nd round if nothing else. Otherwise it depends on who drops to 10.

If you want to go full homer, go Mecole Hardman in the first and Thompson in the 2nd. That could happen.

I take rookie dynasty rankings with a bigger grain of salt than regular rankings, so I'm comfortable reaching for him if the reports are good.  That said, I think some better options may still be available to me.  Also, if Kyler Murray falls to me I think I have to take him, even though I already have Mahomes.  I'll be able to leverage him later.

If Murray makes it to you at 10 in a rookie draft the other owners are idiots.

Edit: Idiots because of value of a qb. Not because I think hes destined for greatness but because he is going to have opportunity and volume. He could be good and hes definitely going to throw a lot.

Our email draft is at 7 right now and he's still there.  The guy on the clock has Brady, Dalton, and Flacco and isn't sure he wants a QB over an RB.  Jacobs, Montgomery, Sanders, and Henderson are already off the board (along with Hockenson and Harry).

I don't get it.

I'm so hyped for this year that last night I actually started dreaming about the chiefs dominating in the season.

Hope that doesn't jinx anything.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(08-17-2019, 10:00 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  I'm so hyped for this year that last night I actually started dreaming about the chiefs dominating in the season.

Goddammit Chi-Town.

(08-17-2019, 05:19 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(08-17-2019, 10:00 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  I'm so hyped for this year that last night I actually started dreaming about the chiefs dominating in the season.

Goddammit Chi-Town.

He's the reason mahomes had a <50 qb rating this game. And the reason hyde fumbled.

Jeff Allen is returning to the Chiefs.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/8/19...jeff-allen

Solid move. Either he'll be an average-ish starting guard or the first guy off the bench.

Chiefs signed DAT too.

(08-20-2019, 09:17 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Chiefs signed DAT too.
Kinda expected after the injury to Kemp.  

Pretty sure he was expected to make the team.

(08-19-2019, 01:42 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Jeff Allen is returning to the Chiefs.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/8/19...jeff-allen

Solid move. Either he'll be an average-ish starting guard or the first guy off the bench.

Eh.  All it tells me is they're still not comfortable with McKenzie as the primary interior back up.  Too bad.  They spent enough time hyping him up on their little in-house reality show.

Average-ish is pretty generous for Jeff.  Allen was average at his best (which was one, in my opinion shocking, season), and hasn't been average in a while.

Wasn't really sure where to put this so I put it here. ESPN "analysts" did a Top 10 of pretty much everything--coaches, uniforms, etc. What chapped my ass was that Arrowhead was listed no. 7 (?!?!). And I think the quote was "gives Seattle a run for its money...". Lost me after that. BUT, they did list Warpaint and KC Wolf at no. 3 for mascots.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2743...-more#STAD

A sure sign that preseason is winding down and people are ready for football when arguments like this break out.

Tyreek signed a 3 year 54 mil extension with 35 mil guaranteed.