Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread

(12-06-2019, 11:04 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(12-06-2019, 10:28 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(12-04-2019, 12:53 PM)NOLA Wrote:  This is a fantastic long-read from noted KC sports fan and writer Rany Jazayerli:

Faith, Fear, and Fandom in the Time of Patrick Mahomes

For reals, if you haven't read this, you're missing out.  This is a deep, deep dive into Chiefs and greater KC sports fandom over the past 40+ years.

I read it yesterday okay. Get off my back. Besides I've only been a fan for 16 years.

So you're one of the people who doesn't know what the big deal about Bo Jackson was?

Quote:There are two types of sports fans: Those who don’t understand all the fuss over Bo Jackson all these years later, and those who saw him play.

(12-06-2019, 11:15 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(12-04-2019, 12:53 PM)NOLA Wrote:  This is a fantastic long-read from noted KC sports fan and writer Rany Jazayerli:

For reals, if you haven't read this, you're missing out.  This is a deep, deep dive into Chiefs and greater KC sports fandom over the past 40+ years.

I read it yesterday okay. Get off my back. Besides I've only been a fan for 16 years.

So you're one of the people who doesn't know what the big deal about Bo Jackson was?

Quote:There are two types of sports fans: Those who don’t understand all the fuss over Bo Jackson all these years later, and those who saw him play.

Not really, no. But I was aware that he was a phenomenal athlete- I played tecmo super bowl.

(12-06-2019, 11:27 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(12-06-2019, 11:15 AM)NOLA Wrote:  

Not really, no. But I was aware that he was a phenomenal athlete- I played tecmo super bowl.

Ah, that makes sense.  Two things:

1) You really missed out--my grandpa used to take me to Royals games in the summer, and I saw him a few times, and have a distinct memory of him hitting two home runs at a night game once (not really that impressive as a stat, but the runs themselves were impressive in person);

2) That article wasn't really for you, no.  I understand your lack of enthusiasm.  Really hit home for me.

"Aw, they told me there was gonna be a goat here."

Apparently we're getting this instead of a new ep, but it's solid nonetheless.

(01-28-2020, 05:37 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Apparently we're getting this instead of a new ep, but it's solid nonetheless.

Evil Clown Football Monster: "You don't get to play for 2 weeks"

Patrick Mahomes: "WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

Clark hunt said that there will be a right time to extend mahomes in the next 12-15 months. So we might not be seeing an epic extension until after the CBA. Rumor mills have a potential QB only cap or something that reduces the hit if QBs toward the cap

(01-28-2020, 05:37 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Apparently we're getting this instead of a new ep, but it's solid nonetheless.

Haven't actually watched this yet but it dropped yesterday

(01-31-2020, 10:51 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(01-28-2020, 05:37 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Apparently we're getting this instead of a new ep, but it's solid nonetheless.

Haven't actually watched this yet but it dropped yesterday

Solid.  Thanks.