Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs #1 pick, round 1 pick 10, Patrick Mahomes II, Texas Tech

Welcome to KC Patrick Mahomes II.  Break the KC QB jinx please.

From what I gather from the draft shows, KC was a good spot for Mahomes because he will need at least a year to develop.  We really must have been worried about the Texans taking him, although Houston will never admit it.

He automatically becomes #2 in my book. He is way better than the chaff we have at back-up, at the moment.

Is Mahomes the highest drafted quarterback in Chiefs history?

(04-27-2017, 08:59 PM)chiefsfaninky Wrote:  He automatically becomes #2 in my book. He is way better than the chaff we have at back-up, at the moment.

Going to see a lot of "Braylievers" become Mahommes' fans overnight. The best thing about Bray is his arm talent. Mahommes probably has the better arm in an all-around far better package.

Mahommes will be the second stringer by the time things matter, no doubt.

(04-27-2017, 09:08 PM)warthog Wrote:  Is Mahomes the highest drafted quarterback in Chiefs history?

Bridgewater was #7.

Above Marino and Kelly.

*sigh*

(04-27-2017, 09:20 PM)VChiefsChick23 Wrote:  
(04-27-2017, 09:08 PM)warthog Wrote:  Is Mahomes the highest drafted quarterback in Chiefs history?

Bridgewater was #7.

Above Marino and Kelly.

*sigh*

Blackledge?

(04-27-2017, 09:21 PM)warthog Wrote:  
(04-27-2017, 09:20 PM)VChiefsChick23 Wrote:  

Bridgewater was #7.

Above Marino and Kelly.

*sigh*

Blackledge?

Yes. I blame the drugs.

And also I was wrong.

(04-27-2017, 09:11 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(04-27-2017, 08:59 PM)chiefsfaninky Wrote:  He automatically becomes #2 in my book. He is way better than the chaff we have at back-up, at the moment.

Going to see a lot of "Braylievers" become Mahommes' fans overnight. The best thing about Bray is his arm talent. Mahommes probably has the better arm in an all-around far better package.

Mahommes will be the second stringer by the time things matter, no doubt.
Bray does have the arm, but he has nothing upstairs.  We all knew this when he was signed as a UDFA. 5 years and still can't run plays. Dude needs to go.

What's funny is that I saw the national report this week that an AFC West team was trying to trade up into the top 10 and I just assumed it was Denver.  Never once thought it was the Chiefs.