Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NFL Black Monday

I'll update as the news comes in:

Browns: Fired GM Ray Farmer and Coach Mike Pettine
49'ers: Fired Coach Jim Tomsula (heh - Jim Harbaugh tweeted "Do not be deceived.  You will reap what you sow."   See it here.
Eagles: Fired Coach Chip Kelly
Giants: Tom Coughlin resigned
Bucs: Fired Lovie Smith

I tried asking Cleveland fans what they thought was wrong with Ray Farmer, but they couldn't tell me. I didn't like him when he was here, to be honest.

Also, hoping we make a long playoff run to keep more of our coaches. I don't want to see someone try to clean our house in the process of cleaning out theirs.

(01-04-2016, 12:09 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I tried asking Cleveland fans what they thought was wrong with Ray Farmer, but they couldn't tell me. I didn't like him when he was here, to be honest.

Also, hoping we make a long playoff run to keep more of our coaches. I don't want to see someone try to clean our house in the process of cleaning out theirs.

Bob Sutton is a bit older than teams generally want with a first time head coach, and I doubt anyone is even looking in Pederson's direction.

Edit... well shit, someone IS looking at Pederson's direction. 

Does anyone really think it matters if we lose him though?

(01-04-2016, 02:10 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(01-04-2016, 12:09 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I tried asking Cleveland fans what they thought was wrong with Ray Farmer, but they couldn't tell me. I didn't like him when he was here, to be honest.

Bob Sutton is a bit older than teams generally want with a first time head coach, and I doubt anyone is even looking in Pederson's direction.

The Eagles have Pederson on their list, according to reports in the media.

(01-04-2016, 02:11 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  

Yeah, I edited my post as soon as I saw that.  

I don't get it... but I don't think it hurts KC too much to lose him.

(01-04-2016, 02:12 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

Well, who do we get that's better?  (I honestly don't know)

(01-04-2016, 02:19 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  
(01-04-2016, 02:12 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

Well, who do we get that's better?  (I honestly don't know)

I think it's Andy's offense, which is why I'm kinda surprised he's getting attention.  Especially since KC's offense isn't that good.  I'd be far more worried about losing Sutton.

If I was a candidate of a NFL HC job, I would rank these open positions in this order (based on current openings):

1. NYG
2. PHI
3. MIA

31. Cleveland
32. SF

I would not even accept a phone call from Cleveland or SF because of so bad fuck-up jobs that it's beyond recognizable. Indianapolis, I would consider it #1 if Grigson gets shit canned if Pagano gets axe'd. Detroit, hard to tell. On one side, they just gone through the Great Purge, so maybe they have a chance, provided the owner hires the right individuals.

If the Saints trade Payton, I'm gonna go apeshit.

Sent from my Batphone... because I'm Batman!

(01-04-2016, 07:50 PM)Coach Wrote:  If I was a candidate of a NFL HC job, I would rank these open positions in this order (based on current openings):

1. NYG
2. PHI
3. MIA

31. Cleveland
32. SF

I would not even accept a phone call from Cleveland or SF because of so bad fuck-up jobs that it's beyond recognizable. Indianapolis, I would consider it #1 if Grigson gets shit canned if Pagano gets axe'd. Detroit, hard to tell. On one side, they just gone through the Great Purge, so maybe they have a chance, provided the owner hires the right individuals.

Everything about this is true.  Dead on Coach.