Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs Browns @ Chiefs - GAME THREAD

Let's all welcome Johnny Football to Arrowhead.

Take it easy on Johnny Manziel. You try being sober in Cleveland.

(12-22-2015, 09:05 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Take it easy on Johnny Manziel. You try being sober in Cleveland.

Poor kid.  He might have a serious addiction problem, which is sad, but he also just might be a 22/23-year-old who never would've gotten this kind of scrutiny before social media/internet.  Brett Favre?  Kenny Stabler?  Joe "I wanna kiss you" Namath?  All got a pass.  This kid is getting raked across the coals.  Which is cool, but do it because he might be shitty at football, and not a kid who's in his early twenties, when everyone who does it right fucks it up a lot.

The spotlight is not his friend I guess is my point, but I actually am rooting for him to beat both his demons and the assholes dogging him in the press.  Skip Bayless, I'm looking your way.

I say.............................We kick their fucking butts!    (This is undefeated ya know)

[Image: HG.gif]

(12-22-2015, 09:26 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(12-22-2015, 09:05 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Take it easy on Johnny Manziel. You try being sober in Cleveland.

Poor kid.  He might have a serious addiction problem, which is sad, but he also just might be a 22/23-year-old who never would've gotten this kind of scrutiny before social media/internet.  Brett Favre?  Kenny Stabler?  Joe "I wanna kiss you" Namath?  All got a pass.  This kid is getting raked across the coals.  Which is cool, but do it because he might be shitty at football, and not a kid who's in his early twenties, when everyone who does it right fucks it up a lot.

The spotlight is not his friend I guess is my point, but I actually am rooting for him to beat both his demons and the assholes dogging him in the press.  Skip Bayless, I'm looking your way.

He's not getting railroaded half as bad as Josh Gordon.

(12-22-2015, 11:43 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

Truth! Can't imagine it's a racial issue, can you?

Sent from my Batphone... because I'm Batman!

He's a stupid Aggie, which is redundant. He could be the most clean-cut player in the universe and I would still despise him.  He is a stupid Aggie, which is redundant.

(12-22-2015, 06:09 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  He's a stupid Aggie, which is redundant. He could be the most clean-cut player in the universe and I would still despise him.  He is a stupid Aggie, which is redundant.

This post is worth a rep! as is.  Well done.

(12-22-2015, 02:34 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

No.  I think it's the fact that Gordon came into the league with a target on his back because he was suspended from Baylor for an entire season.  

I don't think one has to shoehorn race in there, but meh.  It could be.  The NFL and Godell in general are pretty arbitrary about who it picks out to 'make an example of'.  You are talking about a league and commissioner who tried to destroy the reputation of one of their very white star players.

(12-23-2015, 01:10 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(12-22-2015, 02:34 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

No.  I think it's the fact that Gordon came into the league with a target on his back because he was suspended from Baylor for an entire season.  

I don't think one has to shoehorn race in there, but meh.  It could be.  The NFL and Godell in general are pretty arbitrary about who it picks out to 'make an example of'.  You are talking about a league and commissioner who tried to destroy the reputation of one of their very white star players.

True, and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or suggest anything negative about your own viewpoints (we've had these discussions before, so I just want to assure you I'm NOT trying to imply that here), but it seems like the media has been harder on Josh Gordon than Johnny Manzel, when it seems like Manzel's more recent behavior has been worse, he has a higher profile, and Gordon really does seem to want to get back into the game and his current suspension is ridiculous.  I don't know that anyone said "hey, this is a black guy, let's really punish him", but it just seems weird to me.  That's the only point I was suggesting.