Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GAME THREAD: Kansas City @ Denver

I... had expected more enthusiasm than this.  Two game winning streak?  Denver eating shit after their first loss of the season?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

I'm not feeling great about this week actually. Denvers quarterback has started to show life again and we will definitely let him have his way with us as evidenced by our first meeting.

(11-10-2015, 02:46 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Allow me to say what you said when I made that exact quote:

You know he loses at the end of that right?

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(11-10-2015, 10:28 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(11-10-2015, 02:46 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Allow me to say what you said when I made that exact quote:

You know he loses at the end of that right?
Rocky loses in Rocky.  Isn't this from Rocky VI? The one that came out a few years ago?

Talib being out would help us if Alex throws the ball downfield.

I am hoping the ass whoopin we gave the Lions will carry over.  We should have one the first game against Denver.

And F the Donkeys.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(11-10-2015, 09:10 PM)NOLA Wrote:  I... had expected more enthusiasm than this.  Two game winning streak?  Denver eating shit after their first loss of the season?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

I don't know what to tell you man.  KC only wins in denver when the moons all align properly and the mystical power of magic mountain grants us victory.  

9 times out of 10 they just lose in that building.  I hate when KC goes to Denver.  I can't get up for these games.

Personally, I blame all of the constant losing in Denver.  It might just be me though.

Also, this 'NOLA, cheerleader' while the normal cheerleaders are unusually silent is making me very uncomfortable, like I fell into Earth 2.

(11-11-2015, 01:49 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(11-10-2015, 09:10 PM)NOLA Wrote:  I... had expected more enthusiasm than this.  Two game winning streak?  Denver eating shit after their first loss of the season?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

I don't know what to tell you man.  KC only wins in denver when the moons all align properly and the mystical power of magic mountain grants us victory.  

9 times out of 10 they just lose in that building.  I hate when KC goes to Denver.  I can't get up for these games.

Personally, I blame all of the constant losing in Denver.  It might just be me though.

Also, this 'NOLA, cheerleader' while the normal cheerleaders are unusually silent is making me very uncomfortable, like I fell into Earth 2.
I'm not really happy with the arrangement either, bro.  I much prefer "cynical prick" as my default setting, but NOBODY getting excited for the games makes me even sadder.

Dunno what to tell you, man.

The Chiefs beat two really bad teams.

And now we face the clear division leader, in their home stadium, a place we've struggled to win even with the best teams we've ever had.

Not much to be excited about.

I'm modestly optimistic, but I'm not trying to get too amped up.

When it comes down to it, this team is still almost every bit as talented as it was to start the season, sans Charles, and there were legitimate reasons to be excited about this team. Getting these couple wins definitely gave them some much needed confidence and the offense actually looked competent last week.

The biggest improvement has been the offensive line played much better, a close second being the secondary recently. Remember, there was no Sean Smith in our last game against Denver, not that I'm using that as an excuse even though it's a pretty good one.

I think the Chiefs can win this game, I just still have a lot of reasons to think they can lose it. Denver isn't as good as their 7-1 record and I think most of their fans know it and are sensitive to it. They're still really good.  I feel much better about this game than I did last week, but I still don't really feel good.