Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TV discussion

(09-25-2019, 03:09 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(09-25-2019, 09:19 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-24-2019, 11:48 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Man, Aaron Paul's hair line is racing backwards at a helluva pace.

Mine beat his by a country mile.

Geezus christ Aaron Paul is WAY older than I thought he was.

Yep.  I would've thought he was at least a little younger than me, but he's got two years on me.  Now I hate that dude.

But for 40, his hairline's good, man.

(09-25-2019, 03:16 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-25-2019, 03:09 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(09-25-2019, 09:19 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-24-2019, 11:48 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Man, Aaron Paul's hair line is racing backwards at a helluva pace.

Mine beat his by a country mile.

Geezus christ Aaron Paul is WAY older than I thought he was.

Yep.  I would've thought he was at least a little younger than me, but he's got two years on me.  Now I hate that dude.

But for 40, his hairline's good, man.
Yeah, I thought he was just a kid when the show started, but he had to be almost 30.  Looked like a 20 year old kid.  I know he PLAYED a 20 year old kid at the start and that it was a long ass time ago, but I was convinced!

He's probably not 'way older' than I thought he was (the show started a long time ago) but I didn't think he was 2 years older than me.  I thought he was like 5-6 years younger.

Don't get me wrong, I probably LOOK younger than Aaron Paul, but that's not how I compare people.  Well, probably not so much now.  The blonde is starting to turn grey and my cheek hair is almost all grey now.  No baby face can hide that.  I go from looking 30 to looking 45 by growing a beard.  XD

As for the actual movie... it looks... sad.

I hope, somehow, Jesse can get some of Walt's money and have a decent life. Poor guy.

(09-26-2019, 01:45 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  As for the actual movie... it looks... sad. 

I hope, somehow, Jesse can get some of Walt's money and have a decent life.  Poor guy.

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping it's not as sad as it looks because Jesse's enter story arc through Breaking Bad was just brutal to watch.  I've tried to rewatch the show before, but knowing where everything is headed, it can feel unrelentingly dark.  Jesse is a BIG reason why.

(09-26-2019, 02:07 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-26-2019, 01:45 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  As for the actual movie... it looks... sad. 

I hope, somehow, Jesse can get some of Walt's money and have a decent life.  Poor guy.

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping it's not as sad as it looks because Jesse's enter story arc through Breaking Bad was just brutal to watch.  I've tried to rewatch the show before, but knowing where everything is headed, it can feel unrelentingly dark.  Jesse is a BIG reason why.

I've watched that show more than once over the years, and yeah.  Everything that happens to Jesse is just awful.  It really hits you in the feels.

Of course, a lot of that is just because Aaron Paul was so fucking good.  The character has a very authentic feel, so I REALLY don't want life to shit on him any more.  The way it ended I could kind of imagine what I wanted.  This makes whatever happens real, and I don't want anything awful.  The movie has me nervous.  

I know it will be good, engaging, well acted, and full of deep symbolism.  I just don't want the movie to wrap up with me thinking "Poor Jesse".  Just watching the Jesse scenes in the 2nd half of season 5 (which is just season 6, but whatever) is hard to get through.  

Also, just a side note, but Better Call Saul is a fucking AWESOME show.

(09-27-2019, 02:28 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(09-26-2019, 02:07 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

I've watched that show more than once over the years, and yeah.  Everything that happens to Jesse is just awful.  It really hits you in the feels.

Of course, a lot of that is just because Aaron Paul was so fucking good.  The character has a very authentic feel, so I REALLY don't want life to shit on him any more.  The way it ended I could kind of imagine what I wanted.  This makes whatever happens real, and I don't want anything awful.  The movie has me nervous.  

I know it will be good, engaging, well acted, and full of deep symbolism.  I just don't want the movie to wrap up with me thinking "Poor Jesse".  Just watching the Jesse scenes in the 2nd half of season 5 (which is just season 6, but whatever) is hard to get through.  

Also, just a side note, but Better Call Saul is a fucking AWESOME show.

The episode where Jesse tries to break into the impound lot to get his RV back after Walt basically tells him he's worthless and to go get fucked, and then he falls through the port-a-potty and has to crawl into the RV covered in literal blue shit while sobbing is one of the hardest scenes to get through I've ever seen.  And that was like season two.

But yeah, I've done a couple of casual rewatches (especially when AMC does the marathons during holidays), and season five is the only season where I genuinely don't know if I want to keep watching.  It's so good, but really dark.

I think I love Better Call Saul more than BB, but y'know... lawyer.  I don't at all think you need to be one to appreciate the show, but they get a lot of the nuance of the job right, especially with Kim's career.  So good.

Letterkenny.

Very, VERY not safe for work.

El Camino was not as sad as I had feared.

I really enjoyed it.

(10-14-2019, 11:32 AM)NOLA Wrote:  

I really enjoyed it.
 Yeah, it wasn't daring.  It didn't try to reimagine anything.  

It was an epilogue and a love letter to BB fans.

It's why I say filmmakers are too obsessed with 'subverting expectations'

Sometimes the best thing is to just give people what they want.

(10-14-2019, 07:48 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(10-14-2019, 11:32 AM)NOLA Wrote:  

I really enjoyed it.
 Yeah, it wasn't daring.  It didn't try to reimagine anything.  

It was an epilogue and a love letter to BB fans.

It's why I say filmmakers are too obsessed with 'subverting expectations'

Sometimes the best thing is to just give people what they want.

So you liked it?

I totally agree with your assessment, but it seems like a lot of people are saying that like it's a bad thing.  I was just happy to spend time with Jesse, and for someone to finally get a happy fucking ending (to the extent that he could).