Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Comic Book TV Shows and Movies - All The Things!

(02-15-2021, 01:48 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(02-12-2021, 11:39 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  So i know it's been a slow year comic book movie wise but has anyone been watching wandavision?

I'm caught up if you want to get into it, man.  Fire away.

I'm really digging it. It's so weird but we'll done too. It's also nice to see a tv show with the actual mcu characters in it.

***spoilers*** 

With pietro. When he was first revealed i thought she pulled the one from the X-Men universe in to the mcu. Then i thought maybe it was just her recasting him (as they often do on those types of shows.) Now I'm beginning to think he is a red herring and he isn't actually piertro. 

And congrats to officer woo for mastering the card trick!

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(02-15-2021, 02:05 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(02-12-2021, 11:39 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  So i know it's been a slow year comic book movie wise but has anyone been watching wandavision?

I'm really digging it. It's so weird but we'll done too. It's also nice to see a tv show with the actual mcu characters in it.

***spoilers*** 

With pietro. When he was first revealed i thought she pulled the one from the X-Men universe in to the mcu. Then i thought maybe it was just her recasting him (as they often do on those types of shows.) Now I'm beginning to think he is a red herring and he isn't actually piertro. 

Jimmy Woo is awesome.  I'm also still in love with Darcy, who got her Ph.D. now.  I imagine academics were tripping over themselves to work the woman who interned with Thor.

My guess for Pietro is either Mephisto or Nightmare, but there's arguments against both.  Basically that they won't do Mephisto because it would get the show censored in China, and on of the rumored reasons for Scott Derrickson quitting Doctor Strange 2 (which this is supposedly leading into) was that he wanted Nightmare to be the main villain, and Marvel wouldn't let him.

(02-15-2021, 03:20 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

***spoilers*** 

Jimmy Woo is awesome.  I'm also still in love with Darcy, who got her Ph.D. now.  I imagine academics were tripping over themselves to work the woman who interned with Thor.

My guess for Pietro is either Mephisto or Nightmare, but there's arguments against both.  Basically that they won't do Mephisto because it would get the show censored in China, and on of the rumored reasons for Scott Derrickson quitting Doctor Strange 2 (which this is supposedly leading into) was that he wanted Nightmare to be the main villain, and Marvel wouldn't let him.

The commercials are another one of my favorite things and how they tie into wandas past in someway. But I'm not sure what the yo magic one was referencing. Is it her magic being unable to end her loneliness or was it someone (the shark) manipulating her to use her magic.

(02-15-2021, 08:48 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(02-15-2021, 03:20 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

***spoilers*** 

The commercials are another one of my favorite things and how they tie into wandas past in someway. But I'm not sure what the yo magic one was referencing. Is it her magic being unable to end her loneliness or was it someone (the shark) manipulating her to use her magic.

I took that as another potential Mephisto reference, with the yogurt being a bad deal from him (as the shark).  Like maybe what's happening to Wanda with her "perfect" life.

Say what you want about agnus but her theme song slaps.

(02-21-2021, 03:12 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Say what you want about agnus but her theme song slaps.

Been singing it to myself all weekend.

So i really enjoyed the finale though i felt it was used more as a set up for future stories rather than to tie everything up. A few notes and questions

- i really enjoyed the vision/vision debate. Who knew a wooden ship would have been so crucial.
- where the f did white vision go?
-heyward ended up being kind of an idiot.

Here's my big question that i haven't really seen anyone talking about. What was the deal with the missing kids? Even dottie (sarah) was begging for her daughter to come out. They never explained why wanda was hiding the kid's or did i miss something?

Falcon and the Winter Soldier is legit.

NuCap is a douche.