Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Comic Book TV Shows and Movies - All The Things!

(06-04-2020, 03:47 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Just going to leave this little piece of amazing here

Spoilers for legends warning

https://youtu.be/4R6SBRfsDIw

I didn't even have to click the link to know which clip this was.

This might be the best show on television.

Just watched the first episode of season 5 now that its on Netflix. God i love this show.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(06-29-2020, 01:34 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Just watched the first episode of season 5 now that its on Netflix. God i love this show.

Oh damn, you don't even know the context for the Sisqo clip.

(06-29-2020, 07:51 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(06-29-2020, 01:34 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Just watched the first episode of season 5 now that its on Netflix. God i love this show.

Oh damn, you don't even know the context for the Sisqo clip.

I little bit. I've watched clips here and there. But doesn't matter i knew i was gonna go back and watch it all.

I saw New Mutants this weekend. Really good little movie. Sweet, scary and well-executed. It might honestly be my favorite Fox X-Men effort, even above Logan or Deadpool, if only for their commitment of keeping it on such a small scale, other than one or two flashbacks, there are only six actors, and one location. It's almost like a play in that regard.

There's much sad stuff in the news I don't wish to add more, but it is a shame about Chadwick Boseman. So sad to see someone so talented taken out like that in the middle of their prime. What a cruel diagnosis, but what remarkable work he did in that time. Can you imagine filming something like Black Panther while dealing with that. Reminds me of Eric Berry a little.

(08-30-2020, 02:16 PM)NOLA Wrote:  I saw New Mutants this weekend.  Really good little movie.  Sweet, scary and well-executed.  It might honestly be my favorite Fox X-Men effort, even above Logan or Deadpool, if only for their commitment of keeping it on such a small scale, other than one or two flashbacks, there are only six actors, and one location.  It's almost like a play in that regard.

There's much sad stuff in the news I don't wish to add more, but it is a shame about Chadwick Boseman.  So sad to see someone so talented taken out like that in the middle of their prime.  What a cruel diagnosis, but what remarkable work he did in that time.  Can you imagine filming something like Black Panther while dealing with that.  Reminds me of Eric Berry a little.

His death was so saddening. It's amazing that he kept it so secret and in today's media age it wasn't leaked out. Apparently Fiege only found out he had cancer hours before he passed.

(09-03-2020, 02:17 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(08-30-2020, 02:16 PM)NOLA Wrote:  I saw New Mutants this weekend.  Really good little movie.  Sweet, scary and well-executed.  It might honestly be my favorite Fox X-Men effort, even above Logan or Deadpool, if only for their commitment of keeping it on such a small scale, other than one or two flashbacks, there are only six actors, and one location.  It's almost like a play in that regard.

There's much sad stuff in the news I don't wish to add more, but it is a shame about Chadwick Boseman.  So sad to see someone so talented taken out like that in the middle of their prime.  What a cruel diagnosis, but what remarkable work he did in that time.  Can you imagine filming something like Black Panther while dealing with that.  Reminds me of Eric Berry a little.

His death was so saddening. It's amazing that he kept it so secret and in today's media age it wasn't leaked out. Apparently Fiege only found out he had cancer hours before he passed.

When I first heard about it I assumed this was common knowledge and I was out of the loop.

I'm glad Boseman got to play such a great, defining comic book movie role that will be looked up to for an entire generation or more (even if Blade was first). He was a great actor anyway, but it's a much more dignified ending to a life and career than something like where the awesome Raul Julia played M. Bison in the live action Street Fighter movie (and was easily the best part) so his kids could see him in that role before he passed.

But yeah, like NOLA was suggesting a comic book movie character is a demanding role not just anyone can do physically, with or without cancer kicking their vitality every day. It adds an extra layer of respect to an already worthwhile life. Eric Berry is a solid comparison, amazing role models.