Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Comic Book TV Shows and Movies - All The Things!

(02-13-2020, 01:14 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  The show also does a great job of rotating in new people. Of the original cast only Sara, Mick and ray remain, and ray is about to leave the show. Though it sounds like it wasn't the actors choice.

The new characters are always great on this show (Nate in Season 2, Zari in Season 3, Mona in Season 4, and redacted in Season 5), but I do miss some of the former characters (Stein, Snart and Rip all come to mind).

As for Brandon Routh, that's my understanding as well.  I'm guessing he's probably gotten pretty expensive... I think that's the reason they rotate the cast so much.  Some people ask to leave (Victor Garber wanted to go back to Broadway), but I think most are salary decisions.  There's certain guild-driven raise they get every year that I don't think fit the shows budget.

(02-13-2020, 05:47 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(02-13-2020, 01:14 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  The show also does a great job of rotating in new people. Of the original cast only Sara, Mick and ray remain, and ray is about to leave the show. Though it sounds like it wasn't the actors choice.

The new characters are always great on this show (Nate in Season 2, Zari in Season 3, Mona in Season 4, and redacted in Season 5), but I do miss some of the former characters (Stein, Snart and Rip all come to mind).

As for Brandon Routh, that's my understanding as well.  I'm guessing he's probably gotten pretty expensive... I think that's the reason they rotate the cast so much.  Some people ask to leave (Victor Garber wanted to go back to Broadway), but I think most are salary decisions.  There's certain guild-driven raise they get every year that I don't think fit the shows budget.

Those 3 are the ones I miss most. 

Rip never really fit in though. Horrible captain, but he had a very interesting dynamic with them after that. There is never too much snart and stein was always fun to watch, but I do like how they closed his storyline.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(02-13-2020, 05:52 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  

Rip never really fit in though. Horrible captain, but he had a very interesting dynamic with them after that. There is never too much snart and stein was always fun to watch, but I do like how they closed his storyline.

I agree that Rip was horribly used in Season 1--as was everyone but Snart--but he was awesome once they demoted him to a recurring character.  Totally agree about the dynamic.  I'm optimistic we see him again.  His "death" at the end of Season 3 was offscreen, so you never know.  "Blown into the timestream" or some nonsense.

Are you caught up yet, or still working through?  Want to make sure I don't spoil anything for you, but very curious what you think/thought of Crisis on Infinite Earths and the new season.

(02-13-2020, 06:00 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

I agree that Rip was horribly used in Season 1--as was everyone but Snart--but he was awesome once they demoted him to a recurring character.  Totally agree about the dynamic.  I'm optimistic we see him again.  His "death" at the end of Season 3 was offscreen, so you never know.  "Blown into the timestream" or some nonsense.

Are you caught up yet, or still working through?  Want to make sure I don't spoil anything for you, but very curious what you think/thought of Crisis on Infinite Earths and the new season.

Just finished the bollywood ep. This show is batshit crazy. And I say that in the best possible way. 

I've seen bits of crisis. I've seen some spoilers but I'm ok with that.

*spoilers*

(I already knew Nate's dad died) The chemistry is what makes this show.

(02-13-2020, 08:07 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(02-13-2020, 06:00 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Just finished the bollywood ep. This show is batshit crazy. And I say that in the best possible way. 

I've seen bits of crisis. I've seen some spoilers but I'm ok with that.

*spoilers*

(I already knew Nate's dad died) The chemistry is what makes this show.

Oh for sure.  They do a pretty stealth job of making everything really character-based.  The storyline with Nate's dad is really well done.

Just finished season 4. It's awesome how bonkers this show is. And what a great cameo from vandal savage. No man can resist the eternal optimism that is Ray Palmer.

HeyWorld missed a little for me. I just had a hard time imagining Nate's dad making the jump to that. But all in all a solid season.

(02-15-2020, 07:39 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Just finished season 4. It's awesome how bonkers this show is. And what a great cameo from vandal savage. No man can resist the eternal optimism that is Ray Palmer.

HeyWorld missed a little for me. I just had a hard time imagining Nate's dad making the jump to that. But all in all a solid season.

Yeah, the HeyWorld twist was a little bizarre, but it really hit me hard in the feels.  Nate's dad was just a goofball at heart trying to connect with his son.  

Nora Darhk as a fairy godmother in season 5 is gold.

I loved the fact that they had Captian Colds voice on Micks ship

[Image: HG.gif]

(02-17-2020, 01:27 PM)HG Wrote:  I loved the fact that they had Captian Colds voice on Micks ship

That was cool.  I miss any of the versions of Snart, but I think I read that the actor is just kind over playing the character.  Which is a shame.