Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Comic Book TV Shows and Movies - All The Things!

(12-09-2019, 01:05 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(12-09-2019, 12:54 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(12-09-2019, 12:16 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Anyone going to watch crisis on infinite earth? I haven't watched any CW show in a few years but I may check it out.

Again, you are doing yourself a huge disservice by not watching Legends of Tomorrow.  Just skip season one and start with the first episode of seaosn two, which basically resets both the premise and tone, pivoting into delightfully bizarre insanity.

But yeah, I'm watching it.  Part One was last night.  Pretty good so far, and they're really going for it.  They brought in a couple of people I legit hadn't expected to see, tying together some of the older DC properties I hadn't expected to be referenced that directly.
Yeah. I saw the opening bit. Wasnt expecting that Batman score.

I was really surprised to see Robert Wuhl.

I has been amaziing. Even the old Superman theme. They really out did themselves this year

[Image: HG.gif]

(12-27-2019, 04:18 PM)HG Wrote:  I has been amaziing.  Even the old Superman theme.  They really out did themselves this year

Yep, it's been really fun.

(12-29-2019, 10:25 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(12-27-2019, 04:18 PM)HG Wrote:  I has been amaziing.  Even the old Superman theme.  They really out did themselves this year

My only concern will be if they just hand wave it all away and start back with the same status quo. Obviously they will be bringing back some of the earth's but I'd prefer they do just one or 2. (if they want to keep black lighting seperate). Generally when they have a chance to do something new or exciting they just skim over it. (flash point, trial of Barry etc)

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(12-30-2019, 02:04 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(12-29-2019, 10:25 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

My only concern will be if they just hand wave it all away and start back with the same status quo. Obviously they will be bringing back some of the earth's but I'd prefer they do just one or 2. (if they want to keep black lighting seperate). Generally when they have a chance to do something new or exciting they just skim over it. (flash point, trial of Barry etc)

If they don't follow through on the premise of the original and streamline everything down to a single Earth, this was all a collossal waste of time.  They don't even have to leave it that way forever, just a season or two and then they can do an Infinite Crisis or Zero Hour or Convergence (the one that actually brought back the multiverse, but it was shitty and forgettable) and change things up again.  But they should at least give it a season or two with the shared universe.  Black Lightning films in Atlanta, so it will likely stay in its own world, but that's fine.  Just acknowledging that there's a Superman out there (he was blown away to find out he was real in the Part 3) would be enough.

(12-09-2019, 12:16 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Anyone going to watch crisis on infinite earth? I haven't watched any CW show in a few years but I may check it out.

Again, you are doing yourself a huge disservice by not watching Legends of Tomorrow.  Just skip season one and start with the first episode of seaosn two, which basically resets both the premise and tone, pivoting into delightfully bizarre insanity.

I'm now 2 eps in on season 4. This show gets a 1000x better once Sara is the captain.

(02-11-2020, 07:59 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  

I'm now 2 eps in on season 4. This show gets a 1000x better once Sara is the captain.

Dude, fuck yes it does.  Sara is on fire from then on.  Easily the best character on a show a full of great characters.  Such a weird contrast to how they (mis)used her on Arrow.

Also, you know about Beebo now.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12234766]

(02-11-2020, 08:14 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Dude, fuck yes it does.  Sara is on fire from then on.  Easily the best character on a show a full of great characters.  Such a weird contrast to how they (mis)used her on Arrow.

All hail the lord Beebo!

(02-12-2020, 09:45 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(02-11-2020, 08:14 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

All hail the lord Beebo!

As a heads up, the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover takes place between Seasons 4 and 5 of Legends, but the production order doesn't make that clear.  Just as an FYI because Part 5 of COIE will probably show up in the middle of Season 5 (5x08) wherever you stream it.

The show also does a great job of rotating in new people. Of the original cast only Sara, Mick and ray remain, and ray is about to leave the show. Though it sounds like it wasn't the actors choice.