Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I'll go ahead and say it

It's what everyone in the country is thinking anyways. We were the better team yesterday and we will be the better team when we kick the Raiders arses at Arrowhead. The Raiders were nothing like the team that beat on the Broncs and Seahawks, they couldn't do that to us. We should have won that one, easy.

The Raiders benefited from luck, bad coaching from the Chiefs (the coaches thought we were a passing team and not a running team), the Chiefs taking 13 points off the board by stupid mistakes, and (even though it seemed to the Raiders to be against them) bad, bad officiating. Once again officials seem unwilling to call a holding on a player defending Tamba Hali. All day long he was held and was called on it what? Once? Twice? There could have been 30 called on them.

We should have easily beat the media darling Raiders yesterday and didn't. We had them where we wanted them and let them OFF THE HOOK! If you want to crown em media, crown em. But I'm not, they are not that good.

Yesterday was the first time that I was in a bad mood after a loss in years.

Life was easier when my expectations were lower.

I logged into chat yesterday just to say to people, "Good God, is Matt Cassel having a good game?" (In the rain, no less). He was 7/9 at that point. I think he went something like 10/22 after that.

I won't even put it all on Cassel. Like WH said, coaching was bad, and we weren't nearly committed enough to Charles/the run as we needed to be.

NOLA, post: 104640 Wrote:I logged into chat yesterday just to say to people, "Good God, is Matt Cassel having a good game?" (In the rain, no less). He was 7/9 at that point. I think he went something like 10/22 after that.

I won't even put it all on Cassel. Like WH said, coaching was bad, and we weren't nearly committed enough to Charles/the run as we needed to be.

20/35 actually. not bad numbers for cassel still yesterday. He wasn't the one who lost us this game.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

Chi-town_Chief, post: 104641 Wrote:20/35 actually. not bad numbers for cassel still yesterday. He wasn't the one who lost us this game.
I'm saying he posted shit numbers after the half, not overall. He started 7/9. Take that out of 20/35, and he went 13/26 after that start.

He didn't lose the game, though.

I think Cassel's main problem is that he is just inconsistent. He'll look great on 2 throws in a row, and then look like a division 2 quarterback the next 3 or 4. Enough about Cassel though - you all are right he didn't lose us this game.

I agree with what Warthog says. That game should have been ours. The question is, are we going to make a habit of doing this? By "this" I mean losing games we have no business losing, like yesterday and in Houston. Or will we learn from this and figure out how to finish off games? It will be interesting to see.

DallasChief, post: 104639 Wrote:Yesterday was the first time that I was in a bad mood after a loss in years.

Life was easier when my expectations were lower.

This. It was painful. It's been a long time since a loss - even a Raider loss - hurt me this badly.

I feel stupid for getting my hopes up.

Confusedigh:

ChiefsChick23, post: 104644 Wrote:This. It was painful. It's been a long time since a loss - even a Raider loss - hurt me this badly.

I feel stupid for getting my hopes up.

Confusedigh:
If you listened better, you probably wouldn't fall down the stairs so much.

Dbowe lost the game with yet another drop... I cant believe the throws he drops neither I believe the ones he actually catch, he can make an absolute great catch and the drop an easy one, that inconsistency is driving me nuts... That play near the 2 min warning was a kick in the ... well, you know where...

But we have the oportunity to put away the game in the first half and we afford those guys hang around... A really really bad losss... It hurts a lot...

NOLA, post: 104642 Wrote:I'm saying he posted shit numbers after the half, not overall. He started 7/9. Take that out of 20/35, and he went 13/26 after that start.

He didn't lose the game, though.

Ahhh I misread your post

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates