Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anniversaries

Interesting how some things stay with us. Seven years ago today I began my cancer treatment for head/neck cancer. Thirty five radiation treatments, three very long chemo sessions and a surgery, not to mention having a damn feeding tube, can certainly change one's perspective on life. Makes a person realize what is, or isn't, important.

So your saying Tailgating is an imprtant thing thing........right?

[Image: HG.gif]

and glad we are past that era mu good friend.

I think the only thing I can say with any certainty gave me a new perspective on life was getting in two roll over wrecks. It's much different than what you went through, Razor, in that it takes mere moments, but a major accident to change a lot of things about you. I certainly wouldn't trade you, cancer is hell.

In the end I got out of both without more than a small scratch, but it will definitely take away any feelings of invincibility you might have.

Pro tip, wear your seatbelt.

(05-07-2017, 09:19 PM)HG Wrote:  So your saying Tailgating is an imprtant thing thing........right?

Hell Yeah!! As if this would even be questioned!?!?

What is interesting is that of all the side effects from treatment the one I have the most problem with is my beard falling out and not really being able to grow back. I had that sucker for 30 years!! Oh well.  Toothpaste tasting like root beer is another one. Fascinating what radiation and chemo will do.

(05-09-2017, 12:42 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  What is interesting is that of all the side effects from treatment the one I have the most problem with is my beard falling out and not really being able to grow back. I had that sucker for 30 years!! Oh well.  Toothpaste tasting like root beer is another one. Fascinating what radiation and chemo will do.

Solution:

[Image: 314020_full]

(05-09-2017, 12:42 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  What is interesting is that of all the side effects from treatment the one I have the most problem with is my beard falling out and not really being able to grow back. I had that sucker for 30 years!! Oh well.  Toothpaste tasting like root beer is another one. Fascinating what radiation and chemo will do.

mmmmm root beer toothpaste...

[Image: homer-drool.gif]

SPeaking of.  Yesterday was our 31st anniversay

(05-11-2017, 01:55 PM)HG Wrote:  SPeaking of.  Yesterday was our 31st anniversay

Sweet.  Congrats to you and Rosie.