Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Comic Book TV Shows and Movies - All The Things!

(05-20-2016, 12:37 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(05-20-2016, 12:20 PM)HG Wrote:  Legands had a good ending as did shield.  But best season ending so far has got to be The Black list.  I didnt see that one coming

That's not a comic book show.

(05-21-2016, 11:10 AM)NOLA Wrote:  The Hawkman and Hawkgirl farewell scene from the Legends of Tomorrow finale is online now:

Pretty much.  I was like...

[Image: 3328269.jpg]

Im your Huckelberry....................

[Image: HG.gif]

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

http://observer.com/2016/05/a-quick-word...ort-fight/

Team Flash is incredibly stupid.

This season was really uneven.  The first half was great.  The 2nd half fell off.  Pretty much everything after flash gave up his powers.   

And NOLA was allen this emotional in the comics.  That was really really stupid what he just did.

(05-25-2016, 02:08 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  This season was really uneven.  The first half was great.  The 2nd half fell off.  Pretty much everything after flash gave up his powers.   

And NOLA was allen this emotional in the comics.  That was really really stupid what he just did.

So, you're not familiar with this, then:

[Image: Flashpoint_(DC_Comics).png]

Barry was responsible (until today, it turns out, but that's a whole other thing) for the entire DC universe getting rebooted about five years ago.  I suspect at least part of next season will follow that arc, with Barry destroying and then trying to restore reality because he done fucked up the timeline.

To be less flippant in answering your question, "Was Barry this emotional in the comic books?", well, sort of.  Barry was killed off in the mid-80s at a time when comic books were growing up and "dark and gritty" became a thing for the first time.  Barry was sort of too bland as a character for me to have much interest, but at one point he did kill the Reverse Flash because (he believed) Reverse Flash had killed Iris in front of him, and was now trying to kill his replacement wife (comic books, man).  So yeah, there's precedent for this.  Barry in the comics was basically Clark Kent with blond hair and the forensic skills of Batman.  Wally was a cynical Gen Xer with super powers, so that was much more my speed.

[Image: Ld2P4MN.png]

(05-25-2016, 02:08 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  This season was really uneven.  The first half was great.  The 2nd half fell off.  Pretty much everything after flash gave up his powers.   

The first half was great?  

Yeah, we disagree.  The first half was so bad, so boring, and so obsessed with getting the legends of tomorrow crowd over that I almost stopped watching it.  They almost ignored the actual story arc for the Flash in favor of setting up that ridiculously terrible show.

I really liked the set up of earth 2.  I liked cisco coming to terms with his powers.  I liked the captain cold ep.  The crossover was ok but wasnt the worst.  

The show really stumbled after the zoom reveal (minus the lost dinosaur ep)  after they revealed his backstory he just seemef boring.   He wants to destroy all earths.   Why? Because hes eeeeeevvvvviiilllll!!!  And the only reason they had the man in the iron mask was so they could show it was his dad.   He had zero impact on the storyline.   

Plus the team got really really stupid.   If barry is going to lose his powers i would rather zoom trick him than him to give them up willingly.