Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2015 Kansas City Royals Thread

Yessss another huge inning and we're up 2 games to nil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Image: 9to83k.png]

Another royals rally another Dr who reference.  

Toronto:  just give up royals.   Price has Been lights out. The game is almost over and your down 3-0. 

*suddenly this music starts to play* 

Toronto:  SON OF A BITCH!!

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

I was going to say I don't know why I bother tuning in before the 6th inning or so, but frankly, I like the drama.  I like watching the other team get comfortable with a lead before the inevitable happens.

God, watching this team is so satisfying.  Escobar triples, Zorist grounds out to second, boom!  On the board.

Great read from grantland.com today:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/mlb-ba...blue-jays/

This is what winning looks like. Glad I'm not stuck with just Chiefs football.

[Image: 9to83k.png]

(10-19-2015, 07:36 PM)Unsmooth Moment Wrote:  This is what winning looks like. Glad I'm not stuck with just Chiefs football.

Lucky.  

The only team sport I watch is football.  Other than that I just watch fights.  

It's pretty hard not to get addicted to the narrative of the Royals though.  The story is so good it should be a movie.  Last year was the big underdog who came up just short, and this year they're gonna bring it home.  It's like Baseball Rocky: The reality show.

Wow, they're setting this up to be one epic comeback in the 9th.  Maybe they wanted a challenge?

Well, the offense actually did a great job hitting Toronto all game, they just didn't necessarily string them all together the way they can. A lot of missed opportunities.

I felt pretty beat up watching all the missed opportunities until that 9th inning. They had to use their closer because they were afraid of a comeback in a non-save situation and he still gave up a HR. They know even an 11-4 lead isn't safe against the Royals. They thought they were in for a victory lap, but the Royals put the fear of God back in them real quick.

I feel really good about our chances to steal at least a game in their house now. I'm not so sure I like the Chris Young matchup this afternoon (flyball pitcher in a glorified little league park against a legit homerun hitting team), but it's not like he's a terrible pitcher.

Livestream reminder:

http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Great start to the game so far.

Man, the Royals just get better as the stakes get higher.  It's amazing.  

Meanwhile, the Blue Jays just look demoralized.