Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2015 Official Tailgating Thread

And so the tailgating continues! Menu so far is variety of seasoned pork chops, some smoked cajun and other sausage, and whatever HG and others are bringing. (Someone said scalloped potatos and someone else said green bean casserole). Which will all be good as it always is!  Gates open at 2:30 which gives us plenty of time to eat and get pumped for the game.  Yes, HG, tenderloin will be there. I am smoking that tomorrow.  We will be in our usual spot so come on by!

Man.  I kinda wish I could just take off and drive up there...

Cry

I would love to be there too... Stupid class is every Thursday night... I am going to try and get away with streaming the game during class :-)

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

I am absolutely pumped!

I haven't decided what I'm making yet. Leaning towards wings. Been making better wings lately.

(09-15-2015, 04:32 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I am absolutely pumped!

I haven't decided what I'm making yet. Leaning towards wings. Been making better wings lately.

I keep going back and forth between smoking wings and grilling them. Usually turn out edible either way so no complaints from anyone around the house.

which leads to another topic of discussion--good tailgating music. Am currently listening to Eric Clapton/JJ Cale's Road To Escondido. Damn good tunes!

(09-15-2015, 06:00 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  which leads to another topic of discussion--good tailgating music. Am currently listening to Eric Clapton/JJ Cale's Road To Esondido. Damn good tunes!

Word.

(09-15-2015, 06:00 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  which leads to another topic of discussion--good tailgating music. Am currently listening to Eric Clapton/JJ Cale's Road To Escondido. Damn good tunes!

Nice.

Speaking of music, that's something I feel has been lacking at our previous tailgates. I was seriously considering getting a full blown ghetto blaster, a nice heavy duty boombox, something that's got bluetooth so we could easily play music off of phones or other devices.

For example, something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Blaster-PBMSPG100-...to+blaster

Dunno if that's overkill or what, and I obviously wouldn't have it in time for the home opener.

(09-15-2015, 07:04 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(09-15-2015, 06:00 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  which leads to another topic of discussion--good tailgating music. Am currently listening to Eric Clapton/JJ Cale's Road To Escondido. Damn good tunes!

Nice.

Speaking of music, that's something I feel has been lacking at our previous tailgates. I was seriously considering getting a full blown ghetto blaster, a nice heavy duty boombox, something that's got bluetooth so we could easily play music off of phones or other devices.

Dunno if that's overkill or what, and I obviously wouldn't have it in time for the home opener.

Good Lord!  Wonder what Bach or Vivaldi would sound like on that?

(09-15-2015, 07:09 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  
(09-15-2015, 07:04 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

Nice.

Good Lord!  Wonder what Bach or Vivaldi would sound like on that?

Dunno, and won't find out either. I did some research tonight and think I settled on the Sharp GXBT9. It's like the often well reviewed GXM10, but instead of an iPod dock and CD player it has Bluetooth.