Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs Nice Breakdown of Mitch Morse vs. Texans

(09-14-2015, 01:17 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-14-2015, 01:07 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  
(09-14-2015, 12:51 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-14-2015, 12:49 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  
(09-14-2015, 11:39 AM)mabbott Wrote:  Honestly, I don't see Fisher taking back the job.  If a guy can perform that well just joining the team, it is hard to see Jah Reid playing worse.  I don't remember Fisher ever looking that good at RT... do you?

To be fair, he played RT his rookie year.

To also be fair, he was legit awful at it.

Sent from my Batphone... because I'm Batman!

Yes, because players don't ever improve on their rookie years, ever.
He was bad even grading on the rookie curve.  He might've been bad versus the average guy off the street.  I really don't believe he's still on this roster if he's a day two or three draft pick, and that's sad.

If Fisher was a 3rd round pick he'd be playing somewhere else.  He was rated 79th out of 84 OT's by PFF last year.  He sucks.   It will take an enormous leap for him to simply become average.  Reid spent all day getting his ass kicked by Watt though... so Fisher should be a huge upgrade over a guy we just picked up.  If he's not, he shouldn't be on the team next year.  

Jeff Allen is worse.  I don't want to see him on the field again.  I'm tired of watching defensive tackles run right past him untouched and killing our QB's.  Scrubs off the street don't let guys through that unmolested.  He's been injured and missing time so I strongly doubt he got better while not playing.

(09-14-2015, 01:38 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  If Fisher was a 3rd round pick he'd be playing somewhere else.  He was rated 79th out of 84 OT's by PFF last year.  He sucks.   It will take an enormous leap for him to simply become average.  Reid spent all day getting his ass kicked by Watt though... so Fisher should be a huge upgrade over a guy we just picked up.  If he's not, he shouldn't be on the team next year.  

Jeff Allen is worse.  I don't want to see him on the field again.  I'm tired of watching defensive tackles run right past him untouched and killing our QB's.  Scrubs off the street don't let guys through that unmolested.  He's been injured and missing time so I strongly doubt he got better while not playing.

You feel that Jah Reid was getting his ass kicked all day by Watt?  I guess I saw him limiting a deciding force in a game.  JJ Watt generally takes over a game and he didn't do that against us.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(09-14-2015, 03:51 PM)mabbott Wrote:  
(09-14-2015, 01:38 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  If Fisher was a 3rd round pick he'd be playing somewhere else.  He was rated 79th out of 84 OT's by PFF last year.  He sucks.   It will take an enormous leap for him to simply become average.  Reid spent all day getting his ass kicked by Watt though... so Fisher should be a huge upgrade over a guy we just picked up.  If he's not, he shouldn't be on the team next year.  

You feel that Jah Reid was getting his ass kicked all day by Watt?  I guess I saw him limiting a deciding force in a game.  JJ Watt generally takes over a game and he didn't do that against us.

J.J. Watt recorded 9 tackles (6 in the back field) and 2 sacks.  That's just not a very forgiving stat line for anyone.

(09-14-2015, 04:01 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

J.J. Watt recorded 9 tackles (6 in the back field) and 2 sacks.  That's just not a very forgiving stat line for anyone.

Oh, I thought he only had five tackles for loss.  Don't forget he was also deflecting passes.  What a nightmare.  

There was a reason KC couldn't score in the 2nd half, and it also has a name.  JJ Watt.  I'm just glad KC did some damage early.  A linemen can't be much more dominant than Watt was in that game.

(09-14-2015, 05:05 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

Oh, I thought he only had five tackles for loss.  Don't forget he was also deflecting passes.  What a nightmare.  

There was a reason KC couldn't score in the 2nd half, and it also has a name.  JJ Watt.  I'm just glad KC did some damage early.  A linemen can't be much more dominant than Watt was in that game.
I just watched the game again to detail every tackle JJ Watt had.  I honestly thought that you saw something that I missed with the performance of Jah Reid against one of the best defensive players in the NFL.

I will number each tackle with a description:

1. JJ Watt jumped over a cut block to be in the perfect spot to tackle JC for a loss.  JC ran towards JJ's side due to Clowney owning Stephenson on that play.

2.  JC ran into the back of Jah Reid and fell down.  JJ Watt touched JC on the ground for the tackle.

3.  Awesome sack by JJ Watt.  He just blew Jah Reid up.

4.  Designed left pull, if Jah Reid was supposed to chip JJ Watt it he didn't.  JJ Watt just waited, saw the play develop and exploded into the backfield for the tackle.

5.  Kelce was blocking Watt and was beat for a tackle for loss.

6.  JJ Watt's second sack was due to Clowney coming up the middle and Alex Smith starting to run, JJ Watt was blocked well and just made the tackle for a sack.

7.  JJ Watt split two lineman Jah Reid and #76, 76 helped block where he didn't need to and JJ Watt hit Davis in the backfield.  The left side was collapsing and it looked like Davis stopped waiting to be tackled.

8.  JJ Watt was blocked well, saw the pass play and released to make the tackle 7 yards in front of him.

9.  JJ Watt got credit for a tackle for the running back running into a crowd.

Jah Reid had a few failures; however, that isn't bad when you are playing against one of the best.

(09-14-2015, 05:40 PM)mabbott Wrote:  

I just watched the game again to detail every tackle JJ Watt had.  I honestly thought that you saw something that I missed with the performance of Jah Reid against one of the best defensive players in the NFL.

1. JJ Watt jumped over a cut block to be in the perfect spot to tackle JC for a loss.  JC ran towards JJ's side due to Clowney owning Stephenson on that play.

2.  JC ran into the back of Jah Reid and fell down.  JJ Watt touched JC on the ground for the tackle.

4.  Designed left pull, if Jah Reid was supposed to chip JJ Watt it he didn't.  JJ Watt just waited, saw the play develop and exploded into the backfield for the tackle.

6.  JJ Watt's second sack was due to Clowney coming up the middle and Alex Smith starting to run, JJ Watt was blocked well and just made the tackle for a sack.

7.  JJ Watt split two lineman Jah Reid and #76, 76 helped block where he didn't need to and JJ Watt hit Davis in the backfield.  The left side was collapsing and it looked like Davis stopped waiting to be tackled.

8.  JJ Watt was blocked well, saw the pass play and released to make the tackle 7 yards in front of him.

Jah Reid had a few failures; however, that isn't bad when you are playing against one of the best.
+2 rep for the research.  Damn.

(09-14-2015, 05:40 PM)mabbott Wrote:  

It's not just about the stats.  The stats are merely a representation of something.  They're indicative of other things.  Watt had a great game, and the impact often goes beyond stats when defenders are involved.  Anyway, awesome on the research.  

On another note...I can't believe KC ran two naked boots against Watt.  Jesus.  Alex got absolutely CREAMED both times too.

I agree Watt had a great game.  I also feel that we did a pretty good job against him. 

I cringed every time we ran the ball to his side.  He is an absolute freak with incredible instincts and reaction speed.

Excellent mabbot. Thanks for putting in the work.

One thing I'd like to add about Jah Reid though... although I felt he did about as good as you could ever realistically expect a street free agent starting week 1 with little or no reps against arguably the best football player on the planet, a huge chunk of his success was due to play calling and scheme.

Andy Reid had an awesome game plan. He flat out schooled Romeo. Early in the game we were doing all kinds of things to limit the pass rush, like screens. After we established our screens, there was a play where Alex faked a screen right which caused Watt to bail on his rush and try to cover the flat, only to turn and toss it to the other side. That was by design. It never looked for a moment that Alex intended to do anything else, and that was brilliant. Even one of Watt's successful plays, a naked bootleg he read correctly, was a potentially great playcall designed to make him crash inside on the back.

When I've said elsewhere that we took our foot off the pedal, that is what I mean. Andy quit digging into his bag of tricks, save more of it for Denver.

I agree, the gameplan was solid and I would rather save the good stuff for Denver when we had the game in the bag!

I hope Jah Reid continues to learn our offense and plays well.