Home of the Chiefs
NFL 2022 Other Teams Offseason Thread - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: HG Memorial Chiefs Talk (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: NFL 2022 Other Teams Offseason Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9599)

Pages: 1 2 3

2022 Other Teams Offseason Thread - asskickingboots - 03-08-2022

Russell Wilson is now a Denver Bronco. Broncos reportedly gave up two 1sts, two 2nds, a 5th, Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, and Drew Lock for Wilson and a 4th.

RE: 2022 Other Yeams Offseason Thread - mabbott - 03-09-2022

Our division just got much better.

RE: 2022 Other Yeams Offseason Thread - asskickingboots - 03-10-2022

(03-09-2022, 01:23 PM)mabbott Wrote:  Our division just got much better.

I agree, however I will note the Broncos still have a terrible line and likely just lost a lot of their ability to fix it. I'm sure they're going to give Wilson a new contract, if he were willing to play on his current contract he'd still be in Seattle. Also, they used up a lot of draft capital.

Wilson will still play well, but make no mistake poor offensive line play has hurt him in recent years.

RE: 2022 Other Yeams Offseason Thread - mabbott - 03-10-2022

(03-10-2022, 09:38 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

I agree, however I will note the Broncos still have a terrible line and likely just lost a lot of their ability to fix it. I'm sure they're going to give Wilson a new contract, if he were willing to play on his current contract he'd still be in Seattle. Also, they used up a lot of draft capital.

Wilson will still play well, but make no mistake poor offensive line play has hurt him in recent years.
I absolutely agree with you, I still feel that Wilson with that team is better.  I do not feel they have become an elite team, but they are much better.  If Wilson stays healthy, I could see them being a playoff caliber team.

The salary cap seems to be a myth... teams keep reworking it to get the numbers right in some miracle fashion!

RE: 2022 Other Yeams Offseason Thread - asskickingboots - 03-10-2022

(03-10-2022, 12:22 PM)mabbott Wrote:  
(03-10-2022, 09:38 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

I absolutely agree with you, I still feel that Wilson with that team is better.  I do not feel they have become an elite team, but they are much better.  If Wilson stays healthy, I could see them being a playoff caliber team.

The salary cap seems to be a myth... teams keep reworking it to get the numbers right in some miracle fashion!

I believe the cap is a myth when it comes to keeping a handful of particularly expensive players. I think it matters a lot more when it comes to the rank and file players.

A star player on a 5 year mega-deal, there's probably some flexibility. A veteran on a one year, $5M contract to plug-in on the line, there's little flexibility to speak of. You either can or can't absorb that hit without cutting some fat elsewhere and there's far more players in that neighborhood than the $200M, 4 year contract Rodgers just got (though he's disputing those numbers apparently).

RE: 2022 Other Teams Offseason Thread - tyecopeland - 03-10-2022

Khalil mack is now a charger.

Division is getting better and better.

RE: 2022 Other Teams Offseason Thread - Chi-town_Chief - 03-13-2022

So much for getting the Manning or Brady treatment.

RE: 2022 Other Teams Offseason Thread - asskickingboots - 03-15-2022

(03-13-2022, 05:09 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  So much for getting the Manning or Brady treatment.

That's the thing to me, teams don't usually do trades like this to "make them better", they usually do because they think they have a playoff window opening up and are willing to risk part of their future in order to improve their odds now. It's not just the presumed value of multiple picks, it's the several years of low cost talent attached to those picks.

I basically see what the Dolts and Donks have done as disrespect, and I hope they fall flat on their ass for it.

RE: 2022 Other Teams Offseason Thread - asskickingboots - 03-15-2022

CB Charvarius Ward goes to the Niners on a 3 year, $42M deal

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/14/kansas-city-chiefs-2022-nfl-free-agency-charvarius-ward-signs-with-san-franciso-49ers/

I feel like Ward isn't worth that kind of money, but that's not the craziest contract for a CB anymore

RE: 2022 Other Teams Offseason Thread - asskickingboots - 03-17-2022

EDGE Zadarius Smith signs with the Ravens.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/03/16/zadarius-smith-signs-ravens-despite-rumored-connection-chiefs/

A lot of rumors tied him to KC. Even with restructuring Clark, we still could use an upgrade opposite of him.