Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs vs. Bills, Divisional Round - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: HG Memorial Chiefs Talk (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs vs. Bills, Divisional Round (/showthread.php?tid=9591)

Pages: 1 2

vs. Bills, Divisional Round - asskickingboots - 01-18-2022

The Chiefs have a perfect opportunity to right some wrongs from the regular season. Next on the docket, the Buffalo Bills on Sunday evening.

I had a bunch of stuff planned to type for this, but I've got other things to do. I might try to type something some other day.

RE: vs. Bills, Divisional Round - tyecopeland - 01-18-2022

I can't decide what I expect from this game.

On the one hand, I think we are the better team and I know we could very easily win.

On the other hand, things have been difficult this year for the team and making the afc championship 4 years in a row is a extremely difficult task. And the bills are a good team.

My heart says we will win. My brain is telling me we are due for a disappointment after 3 years of playing for the Lamar hunt trophy.

RE: vs. Bills, Divisional Round - Chi-town_Chief - 01-18-2022

(01-18-2022, 08:07 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I can't decide what I expect from this game.

On the one hand, I think we are the better team and I know we could very easily win.

On the other hand, things have been difficult this year for the team and making the afc championship 4 years in a row is a extremely difficult task. And the bills are a good team.

My heart says we will win. My brain is telling me we are due for a disappointment after 3 years of playing for the Lamar hunt trophy.

Im in the same boat. After seeing what the bills did to the pats I was pretty negative about our chances. 
Then we opened a can if whoop ass on Pitt and now I'm just excited again.

RE: vs. Bills, Divisional Round - NOLA - 01-19-2022

(01-18-2022, 11:23 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(01-18-2022, 08:07 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I can't decide what I expect from this game.

Im in the same boat. After seeing what the bills did to the pats I was pretty negative about our chances. 
Then we opened a can if whoop ass on Pitt and now I'm just excited again.

Same.  I feel fuckin' great about this game after Sunday.  Let's do this!

RE: vs. Bills, Divisional Round - asskickingboots - 01-19-2022

The only discouraging things to come out of the Steelers game was the slow offensive start and the tip interception. I don't think we can afford to start that slow against the Bills, but if we score TDs on 5 straight drives or pitch a defensive shutout until it doesn't matter we won't care.

I wonder if our wild defensive swings are primarily due to running QBs like Allen vs. statues like Big Ben. I'll try to look that up later but I'm guessing it's not a direct correlation or we'd have heard all about it already. Either way, I think that's something that can be schemed away. Put a spy or two in short zones near the middle, pop Allen a couple times, he'll eventually realize it ain't worth it.

But generally, I feel pretty damn good about our chances right now.

RE: vs. Bills, Divisional Round - mabbott - 01-19-2022

I am excited to see how this game goes. Both teams are good teams and I feel that we are on a roll and our defense has played much better than their defense.

If we are getting contributions from our 3rd and 4th receivers, the Chiefs are a tough offense to stop. Getting a few stops and possibly turnovers could be the keys to a big win.

Nothing I have said is breaking news, but we have tore up the Bills on the ground before and I feel we have multiple backs that can keep the pressure on the Bills defense.

RE: vs. Bills, Divisional Round - asskickingboots - 01-20-2022

Willie Gay is in a situation that kind of sucks.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/20/kansas-city-chiefs-willie-gay-jr-arrested-misdemeanor-criminal-damage/

Apparently he broke a vacuum cleaner during an argument with his baby momma. Not a big deal, shouldn't expect to miss any time, but still you hope this isn't an example of a pattern of behavior.

RE: vs. Bills, Divisional Round - Chi-town_Chief - 01-22-2022

(01-20-2022, 10:51 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Willie Gay is in a situation that kind of sucks.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/20/kansas-city-chiefs-willie-gay-jr-arrested-misdemeanor-criminal-damage/

Apparently he broke a vacuum cleaner during an argument with his baby momma. Not a big deal, shouldn't expect to miss any time, but still you hope this isn't an example of a pattern of behavior.

He is active. I just hope this isn't a Brett reid precurser type thing.

RE: vs. Bills, Divisional Round - asskickingboots - 01-23-2022

A lot of people around the NFL, not just in the midwest or upstate New York, are calling this the real SB. I don't know about that, but it's clear this game has significance in the AFC for years to come.

The Bills finally got the monkey off of their back by beating the Chiefs but that was highly dependent upon turnovers. Without those turnovers, including baffling, bizarre turnovers. At the time the Chiefs were struggling with them and gave up 4 to 0 in that game. Since then the script has flipped and the Chiefs as a team are +11 while the Bills are -3.

Also, the Chiefs defense has totally flipped. The Chiefs have had the best scoring defense since week 8 and there's been several improvements since the week 5 game, from Juan Thornhill becoming a factor, to Frank Clark becoming more healthy, to Melvin Ingram joining the team... heck, even Chris Jones and Charvarius Ward didn't play. That's at least 5 major differences that should be better this time around on one side of the ball for 1 team.

Now with the Bengals beating the Titans the Chiefs have the opportunity to host the AFCCG for the 4th year in a row, a feat no one has ever done. That's in part thanks to 3.1ypc from Derrick Henry following a return from major injury with only one "tune up" game? Who could have seen that coming? It'll really hurt my wallet to have to buy AFCCG tickets, but that's a fear I'm willing to face.

RE: vs. Bills, Divisional Round - Chi-town_Chief - 01-23-2022

Ladies and gents. We may have just witnessed the greatest game in chiefs history.

Just an insane last 2 minutes. Mahomes in the playoffs is unreal.