Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs @ Bengals, Week 17 - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: HG Memorial Chiefs Talk (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs @ Bengals, Week 17 (/showthread.php?tid=9588)

@ Bengals, Week 17 - asskickingboots - 12-27-2021

Major playoff implications may still be on the line, but thanks in part to a laughable performance by the Bolts against the Texans, the Chiefs have earned their 6th consecutive AFC West Division Championship.

The Bengals are coming off of a deliberate score running up domination against the Ravens, trying to ruin my fantasy team (still hanging on by a thread, tonight matters). If the Chiefs win they are all but assured the #1 seed. If the Bengals win they very likely win their division.

This isn't an easy game, but nobody is hotter than the Chiefs right now, even the Bengals.

RE: @ Bengals, Week 17 - NOLA - 12-27-2021

The Bengals are a dangerous team, possibly even good. But they're only on a two-game winning streak, beating the Broncos literally into the ground in Teddy Bridgewater's case, and beating an injury ravaged Baltimore team whose defensive coordinator had the good sense to shit talk Burrow right before kickoff. I don't think the two teams are really comparable in terms of momentum. I imagine the Chiefs opened pretty well favored, but I have not looked.

RE: @ Bengals, Week 17 - mabbott - 12-27-2021

The Bengals are a team with weapons that sometimes shows up. It seems when they play good teams they lose. They lost to GB, Chargers, 49rs, Browns and Bears, Jets,

I feel our defense will hold their offense and their defense cannot hold our offense. It shouldn't be a close game unless Burrow just goes off.

RE: @ Bengals, Week 17 - asskickingboots - 12-29-2021

Sounds like our LBs coach, Matt House, will be the new Defensive Coordinator for LSU. He'll stick around KC for as long as our season goes on, though.

RE: @ Bengals, Week 17 - asskickingboots - 12-30-2021

Mahomes is the AFC Offensive Player of the Month for December

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/30/kansas-city-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-december-afc-offensive-players-of-the-month/

And it's fair to say Mahomes is back in MVP conversations.

RE: @ Bengals, Week 17 - asskickingboots - 01-01-2022

No CEH this weekend, but the Chiefs are activating Jet McKinnon.

I don't think that helps much. Derrick Gore has looked good in his limited touches. Maybe we'll see McKinnon have some kind of 3rd down receiving / blocking back role.

RE: @ Bengals, Week 17 - chiefsfaninky - 01-02-2022

I feel good with Williams handling the load and Gore giving him breathers. They both could have big games. McKinnon just for a different look, but most likely just an emergency back.

RE: @ Bengals, Week 17 - NOLA - 01-02-2022

(01-01-2022, 06:33 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  No CEH this weekend, but the Chiefs are activating Jet McKinnon.

I don't think that helps much. Derrick Gore has looked good in his limited touches. Maybe we'll see McKinnon have some kind of 3rd down receiving / blocking back role.

Is Derrick Gore the best running back on the roster?  Serious question.

RE: @ Bengals, Week 17 - chiefsfaninky - 01-02-2022

(01-01-2022, 06:33 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  No CEH this weekend, but the Chiefs are activating Jet McKinnon.

(01-02-2022, 12:06 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

With what they bring to the table, I wouldn't hesitate using any of them. Gore to me does have that extra gear.

RE: @ Bengals, Week 17 - NOLA - 01-02-2022

(01-02-2022, 05:46 PM)chiefsfaninky Wrote:  

(01-02-2022, 12:06 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

With what they bring to the table, I wouldn't hesitate using any of them. Gore to me does have that extra gear.

Agreed