Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs @ Ravens - 2021 Week 2 SNF - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: HG Memorial Chiefs Talk (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs @ Ravens - 2021 Week 2 SNF (/showthread.php?tid=9572)

Pages: 1 2

RE: @ Ravens - 2021 Week 2 SNF - tyecopeland - 09-19-2021

Yeah I'm not too worried about it but the defense is concerning. And ceh played decent today but he hasn't looked worthy of that 1st round pick status either. Mahomes will cover so many deficiencies but we need to get better too.

RE: @ Ravens - 2021 Week 2 SNF - Chi-town_Chief - 09-20-2021

While losing sucks I'm not going to jump on the over reaction train. I have faith that this team will adjust. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. Like when you cause a fumble and it goes right into a ravens hand for a td

RE: @ Ravens - 2021 Week 2 SNF - NOLA - 09-20-2021

So has been long enough now I can start point out that Spags is not actually good at his job? Like, this is his third season, right?

RE: @ Ravens - 2021 Week 2 SNF - Chi-town_Chief - 09-20-2021

I will admit i always thought the dislike for him was overblown, but that stat line about our red zone defense was pretty eye opening.

RE: @ Ravens - 2021 Week 2 SNF - tyecopeland - 09-20-2021

(09-20-2021, 08:54 AM)NOLA Wrote:  So has been long enough now I can start point out that Spags is not actually good at his job?  Like, this is his third season, right?

I'm not sure anyone thought spags was great, just that he was better than Sutton. But like chi-town said, the amount of tds we give up in the red zone is a fireable offense. 
But I still think the d will get their shit together enough by the end of the year. We just played the two best running teams in the league. And we arguably should have beat both of them. (You could say we should have lost to both of them too.) Either way, the games were close and mahomes will win those games more often than not.

(09-20-2021, 09:02 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  I will admit i always thought the dislike for him was overblown, but that stat line about our red zone defense was pretty eye opening.

Yup.  His career is really unimpressive.  I'm constantly amazed he keeps getting these three year stints to fail to adapt anything about his scheme to the talent around him.

(09-20-2021, 09:15 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(09-20-2021, 08:54 AM)NOLA Wrote:  So has been long enough now I can start point out that Spags is not actually good at his job?  Like, this is his third season, right?

I'm not sure anyone thought spags was great, just that he was better than Sutton. But like chi-town said, the amount of tds we give up in the red zone is a fireable offense. 
But I still think the d will get their shit together enough by the end of the year. We just played the two best running teams in the league. And we arguably should have beat both of them. (You could say we should have lost to both of them too.) Either way, the games were close and mahomes will win those games more often than not.

I want to believe it will get better, but throughout his career Spags has shown that he will not change what he's doing in the face of overwhelming evidence that he should.

RE: @ Ravens - 2021 Week 2 SNF - tyecopeland - 09-20-2021

(09-20-2021, 11:57 AM)NOLA Wrote:  

I want to believe it will get better, but throughout his career Spags has shown that he will not change what he's doing in the face of overwhelming evidence that he should.
Oh, I wasn't trying to imply he'd do anything. Just that the players will do their jobs better. Like the blown coverages and filling of run gaps.

(09-20-2021, 12:31 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(09-20-2021, 11:57 AM)NOLA Wrote:  

Oh, I wasn't trying to imply he'd do anything. Just that the players will do their jobs better. Like the blown coverages and filling of run gaps.

To a degree that will get better, but that's another hallmark of a Spags defense: no one knows what the fuck they're supposed to be doing.  So either his scheme's too complicated or he's a garbage teacher.  Either way, not great.

Sorry, been sitting on Spags rants for two years now.  Not the point you were trying to make I know.