Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs 2021 Training Camp Thread - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: HG Memorial Chiefs Talk (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs 2021 Training Camp Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9569)

Pages: 1 2 3

Chiefs 2021 Training Camp Thread - NOLA - 07-27-2021

So, they all reported yesterday, right?  We're doing this?  It's football season?

RE: Chiefs 2021 Training Camp Thread - mabbott - 07-28-2021

IT'S TIME!!!!!!

RE: Chiefs 2021 Training Camp Thread - tyecopeland - 07-28-2021

The franchise show is back this year.

RE: Chiefs 2021 Training Camp Thread - asskickingboots - 07-29-2021

I'm kind of in a funk right now about football. Don't know if and when that will change, probably when my butt is in a lawn chair in the parking lot.

Logically I'm as all in as I could be though. Other than DE (with one of the best interior DL tandems, imo) and maybe a couple areas for depth this is as complete of a roster as we've had. We've flipped our biggest weakness on its head with the OL.

Sounds like both Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith were rolling with the 1s. Mike Hughes, one of our forgotten trades, is starting in the nickel CB too right now. If we can get some immediate contributions from rookies and newcomers like that, man we'll be in good shape.

RE: Chiefs 2021 Training Camp Thread - NOLA - 07-29-2021

(07-29-2021, 09:20 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I'm kind of in a funk right now about football. Don't know if and when that will change, probably when my butt is in a lawn chair in the parking lot.

Logically I'm as all in as I could be though. Other than DE (with one of the best interior DL tandems, imo) and maybe a couple areas for depth this is as complete of a roster as we've had. We've flipped our biggest weakness on its head with the OL.

Sounds like both Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith were rolling with the 1s. Mike Hughes, one of our forgotten trades, is starting in the nickel CB too right now. If we can get some immediate contributions from rookies and newcomers like that, man we'll be in good shape.

You're not happy with Clark?  I still think he's a net asset, potential suspension notwithstanding.  I don't think he necessarily played up to his contract last year, but he's still a top tier DE.

RE: Chiefs 2021 Training Camp Thread - asskickingboots - 07-29-2021

(07-29-2021, 09:23 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(07-29-2021, 09:20 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I'm kind of in a funk right now about football. Don't know if and when that will change, probably when my butt is in a lawn chair in the parking lot.

You're not happy with Clark?  I still think he's a net asset, potential suspension notwithstanding.  I don't think he necessarily played up to his contract last year, but he's still a top tier DE.

I think Clark is at least an average to above average starter, legal issues notwithstanding, but he needs help on the other side and if he isn't available we're in trouble. We have a decent chunk of young guys that are unproven at DE. Some of them show real promise, like our 4th round pick Kaindoh or Wharton (plays inside and out) who was an UDFA last year. Taco and Okafor looked good enough last year when healthy.

I think it's the clearest position of weakness on the team, and if some of these guys pan out that changes everything. I just think it's reasonable to expect shortcomings at the position.

RE: Chiefs 2021 Training Camp Thread - NOLA - 07-30-2021

(07-29-2021, 10:35 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(07-29-2021, 09:23 AM)NOLA Wrote:  

I think Clark is at least an average to above average starter, legal issues notwithstanding, but he needs help on the other side and if he isn't available we're in trouble. We have a decent chunk of young guys that are unproven at DE. Some of them show real promise, like our 4th round pick Kaindoh or Wharton (plays inside and out) who was an UDFA last year. Taco and Okafor looked good enough last year when healthy.

I think it's the clearest position of weakness on the team, and if some of these guys pan out that changes everything. I just think it's reasonable to expect shortcomings at the position.

Okafor is a great guy to have in the rotation, but he's not a starter, agreed.

RE: Chiefs 2021 Training Camp Thread - asskickingboots - 07-30-2021

I don't know if this makes me feel a ton better, but Chris Jones showed up way slimmed down, about 10-15 lbs lighter, in anticipation of playing more DE.

I think why not keep a top 3 DT in at DT, but this might work out and I think we have a lot of quality at DT, especially with the addition of Reed.

RE: Chiefs 2021 Training Camp Thread - NOLA - 07-30-2021

(07-30-2021, 09:31 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I don't know if this makes me feel a ton better, but Chris Jones showed up way slimmed down, about 10-15 lbs lighter, in anticipation of playing more DE.

I think why not keep a top 3 DT in at DT, but this might work out and I think we have a lot of quality at DT, especially with the addition of Reed.

?

I agree.  Having a beast like Jones disrupting up the middle as a pass rusher is a rare and beautiful gift in the NFL.  Don't kill that.

RE: Chiefs 2021 Training Camp Thread - tyecopeland - 07-30-2021

I think it will be a good thing. With Reed inside and the quality depth we have inside, getting jones on the edge around 10 plays a game makes the unit stronger.