Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs vs. Bills - AFC Championship Game - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: HG Memorial Chiefs Talk (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs vs. Bills - AFC Championship Game (/showthread.php?tid=9563)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

vs. Bills - AFC Championship Game - asskickingboots - 01-17-2021

Again, I wanted to get a place for discussion up immediately. I'll look at some more angles and stuff to look at as we get closer, but here's some basics.

Obviously storyline #1 with a bullet is whether Mahomes will be healthy for the AFCCG. If he is, fantastic and I think we win in a walk. If not, I think we still have more than a chance, even with Henne at the helm.

We've already seen the regular season matchup of these two teams. The Chiefs dominated in an unusually run heavy 26-17 game where the Chiefs more than doubled the Bills in yards (466 v. 206), nearly doubled on TOP (38 vs. 22), nearly tripled their run output (245 v. 84), and crushed them on yards per play (6.4 vs. 4.1). It wasn't nearly as competitive as the score would indicate.

I think the Bills matchup horribly with the Chiefs. The Chiefs are built to beat heavy blitz teams, defend the pass better than the run typically, and just plain have better coaching and playoff experience.

RE: vs. Bills - AFC Championship Game - tyecopeland - 01-17-2021

As I stated in the Browns thread, I think we would have a shot even without mahomes but it is also undeniable that until the ravens game that the bills have been playing really good football.

RE: vs. Bills - AFC Championship Game - asskickingboots - 01-17-2021

(01-17-2021, 09:18 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  As I stated in the Browns thread, I think we would have a shot even without mahomes but it is also undeniable that until the ravens game that the bills have been playing really good football.

True. However, the Bills also were playing really good football before the last time we played them.

RE: vs. Bills - AFC Championship Game - mabbott - 01-19-2021

I hope Mahomes is cleared and can play as I feel it will be a better game to watch. I would feel better about Henne if I had confidence in him being able to stretch the field... unfortunately, I don't.

If CEH is back, I feel better about the run game. I don't understand why we didn't use Thompson last game. He brings some of what CEH has and has explosive abilities. I haven't been impressed with what Bell has brought to the game. He has moments where he looks great and then just looks meh. I am wondering if he is the type of back that needs to be the featured back in order to get the best results.

I am more confident against the Bills pass-heavy offense as we have some ball hawks in our secondary. I feel that if the Bills stay on the path that they have been on, Mathieu and Sneed are bound to get picks.

RE: vs. Bills - AFC Championship Game - tyecopeland - 01-19-2021

I was really high on bell. Thought he was just in a bad position in New York. And like you said he's had moments but man he looks toast.

RE: vs. Bills - AFC Championship Game - DallasChief - 01-19-2021

Chiefs can bring in Mark Ingram next season to back up CEH.

RE: vs. Bills - AFC Championship Game - mabbott - 01-19-2021

(01-19-2021, 04:36 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  Chiefs can bring in Mark Ingram next season to back up CEH.
That could be a great thing.  He wouldn't be expensive and he is an above average back.  Plus he would be very angry when playing the Ravens... lol

RE: vs. Bills - AFC Championship Game - asskickingboots - 01-19-2021

(01-19-2021, 04:47 PM)mabbott Wrote:  
(01-19-2021, 04:36 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  Chiefs can bring in Mark Ingram next season to back up CEH.
That could be a great thing.  He wouldn't be expensive and he is an above average back.  Plus he would be very angry when playing the Ravens... lol

Also, unlike Bell and Shady, Ingram is more used to being in a back by committee situation.

I'm kind of hoping to stick to CEH, the Williams twins ((Darrell and Damien), and Darwin for cap reasons, but if they want a great veteran presence he would work plenty well.

RE: vs. Bills - AFC Championship Game - tyecopeland - 01-19-2021

I'd like to move on from Darrell. I know he's played tough. But he always looks like he's running in mud.

RE: vs. Bills - AFC Championship Game - NOLA - 01-19-2021

As some who has Ingram in a dynasty league, sign me up for this plan.