Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs vs. Browns - Divisional Round - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: HG Memorial Chiefs Talk (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs vs. Browns - Divisional Round (/showthread.php?tid=9562)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

vs. Browns - Divisional Round - asskickingboots - 01-11-2021

I wanted to get the thread up early in the week so the discussion could get flowing. I'll add some stats and analysis later, but for now I leave you with this.

[Image: 61SeFXPIyUL.jpg]

RE: vs. Browns - Divisional Round - tyecopeland - 01-11-2021

One thing I can be sure of is that mahomes isn't going to throw 4 picks.

RE: vs. Browns - Divisional Round - DallasChief - 01-11-2021

Let's do this!!!

RE: vs. Browns - Divisional Round - NOLA - 01-11-2021

Would you rather being playing the Browns or the Ravens this weekend?

RE: vs. Browns - Divisional Round - tyecopeland - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 05:06 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Would you rather being playing the Browns or the Ravens this weekend?

I wanted the Browns, but not because I'm overly worried about the ravens. I just think the Browns aren't nearly as good.

RE: vs. Browns - Divisional Round - NOLA - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 05:38 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(01-11-2021, 05:06 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Would you rather being playing the Browns or the Ravens this weekend?

I wanted the Browns, but not because I'm overly worried about the ravens. I just think the Browns aren't nearly as good.

Agreed.

RE: vs. Browns - Divisional Round - DallasChief - 01-12-2021

I think Buffalo is clearly the best of the other teams out there. Browns, Steeler, Ravens, Colts and Titans.... none gave me much concern.

RE: vs. Browns - Divisional Round - tyecopeland - 01-12-2021

Honestly I think the steelers would probably have been our easiest matchup of all the playoff teams.

RE: vs. Browns - Divisional Round - asskickingboots - 01-12-2021

(01-12-2021, 10:38 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Honestly I think the steelers would probably have been our easiest matchup of all the playoff teams.

Agreed, but it wasn't possible for us to face them until the AFCCG. If they beat 2 playoff teams to get to us they probably mitigated some of their issues.

RE: vs. Browns - Divisional Round - asskickingboots - 01-13-2021

The Chiefs win too many close games, therefore the Browns will beat them.
While I must admit it will really hurt the Chiefs in the BCS standings not blowing out lesser teams... the Browns? The Browns have a -11 point differential, lost to the Jets, and only made the playoffs because they eeked out a 2 point win over the Steelers backups when they weren't spotted 4 turnovers in the first quarter. The Chiefs had the 2nd best point differential in the NFL before their backups lost to the Bolts in week 17, and if my Number Munchers lessons in elementary school were accurate +111 > -11.

This is what grasping at straws looks like. The exact reason you desperately seek to find weakness in your opponent is itself a weakness of your own and far more so but you're in too much of a blind rage to know it.

The Chiefs defense will be their downfall
Of the remaining AFC teams, the Chiefs have the 2nd best scoring defense. The Browns have the worst and allowed 57 more points, and that's not an insignificant amount. That's as many points as the Chiefs allow in about two and a half games! And that's with the Chiefs often playing not to lose after sitting on early leads.

The Browns offense will eviscerate the Chiefs
Their offense is utterly inconsistent. They literally scored 10 points or less in 4 games. That's anemic.

No, I mean the running game
Now we're getting somewhere. The Browns have an excellent run game, but it's as inconsistent as the rest of their offense. They had 90 or less yards in half of their games. They will lose outright if that's the case. However, it's assumed that the Chiefs have some terrible run D. They have allowed the 12th most rushing yards, but that's not exactly the Achilles heel you'd hope it was, that's just slightly below average. They allow almost exactly a league average 4.5 ypc, so it isn't even as bad as it sounds.

Again, you're grasping at straws when the weakness you plan to exploit is merely an average unit instead of elite.

Yeah, but the Browns will control the clock with the run game
TOP is overrated. The Chiefs averaged the most yards and plays per drive. That's truly controlling the game.