Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs @ Dolphins - Week 14 Miami Bound - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: HG Memorial Chiefs Talk (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs @ Dolphins - Week 14 Miami Bound (/showthread.php?tid=9552)

Pages: 1 2

@ Dolphins - Week 14 Miami Bound - asskickingboots - 12-08-2020

Miami will always have a fond place in the hearts of Chiefs fans and with the team clenching a playoff berth perhaps thinking postseason is appropriate. But if the Chiefs want the easiest path back to Florida, Raymond James Stadium this time, they've got to keep winning and see another Steelers loss.

The Dolphins have kind of been an afterthought even as they've gotten off to a surprising 8-4 record, overshadowed no longer by the Patriots but by the 9-3 Bills that beat them earlier in the year. But perhaps that isn't fair. The Dolphins have a far better point differential (+91 vs. +27) and have gotten better as the year has went on. Are they the more legit team from the AFC East?

I think Miami is a competent team. I don't think they're as good as their record and point differential though. They haven't had an easy schedule... they'd had the easiest, at least by combined opponents' winning record.

Two of their wins and +41 points of their differential have came against the Jets and they have played all the last place AFC teams. They really only have one quality win, a 28-17 victory over the Rams (8-4) where they were outgained 145 vs. 471 in total yards, but they lost every other game against a team that has a winning record now.

The weirdest part was switching from Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB, a veteran so Cagey he's like Nicolas Cage in Deadfall, to rookie QB Tua Tagavaloa in the middle of the team's winning streak. Tua has looked good because the team has been winning, but it's not like he's lit the statsheet on fire.

Miami is an average team that's gotten some breaks including some breaks in the schedule. They aren't bad. They aren't that good either. That's a hell of an improvement over last year, they should be proud.

Meanwhile I see a lot of national talking heads talking about how the Chiefs offense struggled... after they had 447 total yards and zero turnovers against the Broncos.

Nearly 450 yards isn't struggling for anyone except the best offense. They just easily could have and should have had more points. Tyreek Hill had 3 surefire TDs alone that almost or did actually happen (the failed no-challenge, the backflip play with the penalty bringing it back, and another wide open play where he failed to track the ball).

I don't know if it's invincible ignorance, incompetence, the desire for a dumbass hawt taek, or hopefulness on the parts of these media types to downplay the Chiefs offense any time they have less than 25 points, but it's as hilarious as it is pathetic.

RE: @ Dolphins - Week 14 Miami Bound - The_Jonas - 12-10-2020

I'd like to point out that bad officiating has taken, at minimum, about 300 yards and 5 TDs away from tyreek hill this year. He should be having a record threatening season.

They did this shit last year too, and it's gotten old.

One of the big reasons KC is 'letting teams stick around' is because officials keep taking TDs off the board with bad calls and bullshit penalties.

If not for a blown TD call and a BS hold, KC blows out Denver and hill finishes with 150+ and 2 tds.

RE: @ Dolphins - Week 14 Miami Bound - asskickingboots - 12-11-2020

(12-10-2020, 04:28 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  I'd like to point out that bad officiating has taken, at minimum, about 300 yards and 5 TDs away from tyreek hill this year.  He should be having a record threatening season. 

They did this shit last year too, and it's gotten old. 

One of the big reasons KC is 'letting teams stick around' is because officials keep taking TDs off the board with bad calls and bullshit penalties. 

If not for a blown TD call and a BS hold, KC blows out Denver and hill finishes with 150+ and 2 tds.

Preach, brother! Mahomes and Hill together are unfair.

Imagine how another big chunk of yards and 2 TDs in the Broncos game crushes what little MVP debate remains for Mahomes too. Rodgers is supposedly the closest, having a hell of a season, but the only thing Rodgers really has on Mahomes is passing TDs (31 vs. 36).

Geeking out for a moment, Mahomes has more passing yards (3815 vs. 3395) and less INTs (2 vs. 4), but if you include rushing TDs (2 vs. 1) and fumbles lost (1 vs. 2) it makes the total TDs (33 vs. 37) and total turnovers (3 vs. 6) more favorable. Add rushing yards (241 vs. 87) and suddenly Mahomes has over 4,000 total yards already with 4 games to go while Rodgers hasn't hit 3,500 yet.

But I know, the Packers weapons are just dogshit apparently. Rolleyes

RE: @ Dolphins - Week 14 Miami Bound - tyecopeland - 12-12-2020

I'm taking the Chiefs by double digits this week. Which is more of an indictment on miami's offense than it is anything else. Our offense will score some points and i don't see tua keeping up. Theyd have a better shot with fitzmagic.

RE: @ Dolphins - Week 14 Miami Bound - Razorchief - 12-13-2020

Damn stupid ass squabble between Direct TV and Tegna, which controls the CBS station I get. NO GAME FOR ME TODAY. Dumbasses. took the CBS station off. I did get a local channel converter, free thank goodness, from Direct TV but damn thing not working. Tech support was no help. AAAAGGGGHHHH!!

RE: @ Dolphins - Week 14 Miami Bound - tyecopeland - 12-13-2020

(12-13-2020, 11:14 AM)Razorchief Wrote:  Damn stupid ass squabble between Direct TV and Tegna, which controls the CBS station I get. NO GAME FOR ME TODAY. Dumbasses. took the CBS station off. I did get a local channel converter, free thank goodness, from Direct TV but damn thing not working. Tech support was no help. AAAAGGGGHHHH!!

Nfl mobile app or yahoo sports mobile app to at least watch it on your phone.

RE: @ Dolphins - Week 14 Miami Bound - Razorchief - 12-13-2020

got it on computer/radio. maybe a good thing I can't watch. been a while since i heard Holthus.

RE: @ Dolphins - Week 14 Miami Bound - Pacecar - 12-14-2020

(12-13-2020, 02:34 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  got it on computer/radio. maybe a good thing I can't watch. been  a while since i heard Holthus.

Whenever it's not on tv here(NC), I watch it on

http://crackstreams.com/nfl-streams

It's one of the best that I have found to watch the Chiefs.

RE: @ Dolphins - Week 14 Miami Bound - asskickingboots - 12-14-2020

I had to jinx Mahomes by talking about his extreme lack of INTs... sigh. Oh well, a win is a win and a win against a solid team is always good.

It has to be a Sisyphean task being a fan of a different AFC West team. Each week you talk up the team the Chiefs are facing, watch the Chiefs beat them, then say it wasn't actually all that impressive of a win, the rock rolls back down the hill, lather, rinse, repeat.

RE: @ Dolphins - Week 14 Miami Bound - NOLA - 12-14-2020

(12-14-2020, 09:07 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I had to jinx Mahomes by talking about his extreme lack of INTs... sigh. Oh well, a win is a win and a win against a solid team is always good.

It has to be a Sisyphean task being a fan of a different AFC West team. Each week you talk up the team the Chiefs are facing, watch the Chiefs beat them, then say it wasn't actually all that impressive of a win, the rock rolls back down the hill, lather, rinse, repeat.

I had a Dolphins fan buddy start with some trash talk via text, and my only reply was to agree that their defense was very good and aggressive (it was and it is), but that even though it was bad policy, the Chiefs like playing from behind because it's their jam (it was and it is).  And then the Chiefs did Chiefs shit and I haven't heard from him since I sent that.