Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs @ Bills, MNF but kinda TNF - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: HG Memorial Chiefs Talk (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs @ Bills, MNF but kinda TNF (/showthread.php?tid=9544)

Pages: 1 2

@ Bills, MNF but kinda TNF - asskickingboots - 10-14-2020

The Chiefs are 4-1 and I'm already hearing how they've been "figured out". We're doomed. We'll never win another game. All you have to do is run the same defense repeatedly and Mahomes will never figure it out, yet alone have success against it again after a few drives but with time working against him.

Meanwhile the Bills also lost finally to the Titans on a *checks paperwork* Tuesday? Hard to imagine anybody is worth a damn out of these two incredibly flawed teams.

I don't know how to break it to everyone that's out there overreacting, this is another potential preview for the AFC Championship game. Mahomes will not only bounce back, he will break some hearts.

Gotta get back to work, I'll dive into some stats for this game later.

RE: @ Bills, MNF but kinda TNF - DallasChief - 10-15-2020

Le’Veon Bell! 

Maybe I never have to see Thompson fumble the ball again.

RE: @ Bills, MNF but kinda TNF - tyecopeland - 10-15-2020

I'll be glad to not see darrel Williams get the bare minimum available each time he touches the ball.

I still think darwin can amount to something. Williams is never going to be more than what he is right now. A reliable, but underwhelming backup.

RE: @ Bills, MNF but kinda TNF - Coach - 10-15-2020

(10-15-2020, 07:44 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I'll be glad to not see darrel Williams get the bare minimum available each time he touches the ball.

I still think darwin can amount to something. Williams is never going to be more than what he is right now. A reliable, but underwhelming backup.

I disagree.  Darwin probably blew his opportunity when he fumbled that ball away.  Since then, he hasn't been on the offensive side of the ball, if I am not mistaken.

RE: @ Bills, MNF but kinda TNF - asskickingboots - 10-16-2020

I can see both sides of this debate. Darrel is more consistent than Darwin, but he's consistently mediocre at best. I think I lean towards tye's opinion that Darwin has more potential, but either one is effectively buried now and will see virtually no touches.

I think Bell honestly replaces both of their roles, but probably more so Williams. Bell was a short yardage beast for years in Pittsburgh. That said, it probably depends on who has more special teams value.

RE: @ Bills, MNF but kinda TNF - asskickingboots - 10-16-2020

Injury report shows only Watkins and Osemele DNP for the Chiefs. Bills are mostly healthy as well.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/kansas-city-chiefs-buffalo-bills-week-6-friday-injury-report/

Now let's break down some facts 'n shit.

And he shall be Le'Veon! And he shall be a good man!

Bell has been a beast of a player his career, a complete back in a tall, thick package (6'1", 225 lbs) with hands, vision, patience, balance, and he even does the little things right like pass protect. He's a fit in any competent offensive scheme.

The only real blip has been these last couple years where he skipped a year, then played on a terrible Jets offense behind a terrible offensive line. This was not a competent offensive scheme to say the least. That's because Adam Gase SUUUUUUUUCCCKKKSSS!!!

Adam Gase looked like he was competent early in his career when he was leaning on Peyton Manning in Denver (this is my shocked face -_-), but since then his teams never ranked in the top half of the league for points scored or yards gained and only got close once (ranked 17th in points in 2016). Other than that he's been bottom barrel garbage consistently finishing the bottom 10 or bottom 5 in both points and yards.

Even so, after a disappointing 2019 (4.0 yards a touch) Bell was actually looking better this year (22 touches, 113 yards, 5.1 yards per touch). This is despite opening the year with an injury, getting misused and abused, then getting placed on IR, and just coming back last week.

Imagine Bell in a situation where he does not have to be the bell cow back shouldering an outsized load. Imagine Bell in a situation where his talents can be maximized by competent coaching. Imagine a situation where Bell is just one of a slew of players defenses have to respect.

Basically, imagine Bell when he played for the Steelers and had over 1,800 yards from scrimmage 3 of his last 4 years. He might not see the type of touches to get that level of production with a young 1st round RB in front of him, but I have little reason to doubt his ability to get back to being a potential game changer.

This will also help CEH. He will learn from one of the best backs in the business. He'll get more rest and it'll be effective rest too, not teams immediately assuming the ball is coming to him because he's on the field. But most importantly it will help him stay fresher down the stretch.

But what about the Bills? They're 4-1 also.

Well, yes, but they haven't been all that great. People would assume their defense is better than the Chiefs, but they've given up 5.8 yards/play which is exactly the same as the Chiefs. In fact, the Chiefs are better are forcing turnovers (8 vs. 6), sacks (13 vs. 10), and definitely pressure (28.5% vs. 17.9%).

Scoring defense is an even more clear advantage to the Chiefs. 48% of the Bills opponents' drives end in scores compared to 36.5% for the Chiefs. Chiefs have allowed 6.4 less points per game.

But the Bills are once again a team that's dependent on the blitz, blitzing 40.6% of the time which is only less than the Ravens and Steelers.

I don't believe like some do after last week that apparently all you have to do to beat Mahomes is never blitz. That's silly and it honestly really only worked for about 1-1/2 quarters last week. I do however believe that choosing to blitz is signing your own death warrant as he has shredded defenses that send 5+ rushers throughout his young career.

Basically can the Bills go off brand or will they even try?

Defensively the Chiefs need to start cleaning up mistakes, but otherwise have actually played pretty well. If not some dreadful missed tackles this defense would easily be a top 10 defense and these are correctable mistakes.

RE: @ Bills, MNF but kinda TNF - tyecopeland - 10-16-2020

I wouldn't have predicted a raiders win last week but I'd be shocked if we didn't beat the bills by 10+ points. I think Josh Allen has been playing good (have him on my main fantasy team) but their defense has seemed pretty pedestrian.

RE: @ Bills, MNF but kinda TNF - tyecopeland - 10-16-2020

Not sure what the incentives are but base salary of 690k and 1 mil in incentives for bell this year from the Chiefs. There was talk he was going to be double dipping salary and getting everything in addition to what the jets owed him. Which led to reports saying he was negotiating with the dolphins and chiefs to drive his price up. Doesn't look like that was the case.

RE: @ Bills, MNF but kinda TNF - tyecopeland - 10-19-2020

This game time sucks. But I should only miss the first half of the first quarter. And I understand espn was probably pissed about having other games going on during their only game of the week but still sucks for everyone not on the east coast.

RE: @ Bills, MNF but kinda TNF - asskickingboots - 10-19-2020

(10-16-2020, 08:28 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Not sure what the incentives are but base salary of 690k and 1 mil in incentives for bell this year from the Chiefs. There was talk he was going to be double dipping salary and getting everything in addition to what the jets owed him. Which led to reports saying he was negotiating with the dolphins and chiefs to drive his price up. Doesn't look like that was the case.

Guessing he was trying to decide between screwing the Jets as much as possible and getting a ring. Luckily, we also face the Jets, otherwise I'm not sure he would have chose us.