Home of the Chiefs
2020 Draft thread - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: 2020 Draft thread (/showthread.php?tid=9528)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: 2020 Draft thread - NOLA - 04-25-2020

I dunno who L'Jarius Sneed is, but I'm never mad at safety depth.

RE: 2020 Draft thread - The_Jonas - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 12:46 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(04-24-2020, 09:17 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(04-24-2020, 07:23 PM)NOLA Wrote:  So... another first round pick out of LSU, then?  I, for one, am shocked.

This team does have some weird tendencies, like that and San Fran QBs.

Since it probably wasn't apparent through a very thick layer of sarcasm, I'm actually really happy with this pick.  It's fun and exciting when your teams grabs an offensive skill player early even when it doesn't make sense--this is not one of those times.  This makes a ton of sense to me.  Williams was great in the playoffs, but he disappeared for large portions of season, even when he wasn't hurt.  We still miss Hunt (on the field).  Hopefully CEH can replace that element of the offense.
It makes perfect sense.

People have let the sb distract from the fact kc's running backs are all back up caliber.  Mahomes led our team in rushing in 2 of 3 playoff games.  He was, in my opinion, the best offensive player on the board at a need position.

Like most I'm not a big 1st round rb guy, but stealing a talent like this at 32 is why there's nuance to that position.

(04-25-2020, 11:19 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Now, lucas niang. With his injury maybe hes just going to be given a year to learn under schwartz but could he be competition at lg as well? I was hoping for a center or a guard as those were our weakest positions. But both Schwartz and Fisher could be cut after this next year with minimal cap repercussions so if hes capable of being a starter on the outside maybe now was the time to get a starter in the 3rd round.

I was also hoping to trade back at some point to get some late round picks to make some flyer calls in a deep draft but on the flip side, with limited offseason practices (and less preseason? ) there will be less ability to evaluate anybody getting drafted anyway. So you are probably more likely to go with what you know rather than the unknown this year.
Apparently he didn't allow a sack in nearly 1000 pass snaps, but his strength is run blocking.

He may end up starting at guard until they move on from Fisher or schwartz.

(04-25-2020, 12:48 PM)NOLA Wrote:  I dunno who L'Jarius Sneed is, but I'm never mad at safety depth.
With mathieu, Thornhill, watts, and Sorenson I'm not sure a 4th round rookie can even make the team.

Scouting report says he's more likely to play cb.  4.37.  He can run.

So that makes sense.  Spags loves his versatile players.

RE: 2020 Draft thread - NOLA - 04-25-2020

Hey! We drafted a kid out of Tulane.

A One, A Two, A Helluva Hullabaloo
A Hullabaloo Ray Ray
A Hullabaloo Ray Ray
Hooray-Hooray Vars Vars Tee Ay
Tee Ay, Tee Ay Vars Vars Tee Ay
Tulane!

RE: 2020 Draft thread - Chi-town_Chief - 04-25-2020

So i know nothing of the player we drafted.

Someone tell me how to feel.

RE: 2020 Draft thread - tyecopeland - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 05:50 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  So i know nothing of the player we drafted.

The 7th rounder?
Some places had him going as high as the 4th round. He has a family member who is a chiefs fan. And veach traded a 6th rounder next year to make sure we got him.
Feel good about it. Even if he's just depth, he probably makes the roster if we carry 10 dbs.

RE: 2020 Draft thread - Chi-town_Chief - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 09:15 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(04-25-2020, 05:50 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  So i know nothing of the player we drafted.

The 7th rounder?
Some places had him going as high as the 4th round. He has a family member who is a chiefs fan. And veach traded a 6th rounder next year to make sure we got him.
Feel good about it. Even if he's just depth, he probably makes the roster if we carry 10 dbs.

Typo on my part. I meant players. 

Someone tell me how to feel about the draft over all

RE: 2020 Draft thread - tyecopeland - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 09:32 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(04-25-2020, 09:15 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

The 7th rounder?

Typo on my part. I meant players. 

Someone tell me how to feel about the draft over all

Well... it has seemed that they got guys that their coaches (and mahomes) wanted. CEH was a reid/veach/mahomes guy. Gay was a house/spags guy. Dont know about niang. Sneed seems like a spags guy. Danna was a want by spags/daly- reports have been that we would have tried to draft him last year had he declared for the draft. And then bopete Keyes I've already addressed.
There will be some of these guys who wont make any impact but I think every one of them has a great chance to be on the roster this year. Danna and niang would appear to be have the hardest route to playing time this season. Sneed and Keyes should have a chance to play in dime packages and/or special teams.

RE: 2020 Draft thread - asskickingboots - 04-27-2020

(04-25-2020, 12:46 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(04-24-2020, 09:17 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(04-24-2020, 07:23 PM)NOLA Wrote:  So... another first round pick out of LSU, then?  I, for one, am shocked.

This team does have some weird tendencies, like that and San Fran QBs.

Since it probably wasn't apparent through a very thick layer of sarcasm, I'm actually really happy with this pick.  It's fun and exciting when your teams grabs an offensive skill player early even when it doesn't make sense--this is not one of those times.  This makes a ton of sense to me.  Williams was great in the playoffs, but he disappeared for large portions of season, even when he wasn't hurt.  We still miss Hunt (on the field).  Hopefully CEH can replace that element of the offense.

I feel like this is a great point that's overlooked by most fans. I like me some Damien Williams, he's been a great fit, but he is still miles from showing he can shoulder a load across the season. Even if we had a true bell cow RB you never know when injuries might occur.

In a little over a calendar year Todd Gurley went from one of the most feared players in the NFL to a punchline. It's nice to be prepared and CEH may prove a ton better even if Damien is more clutch.