Home of the Chiefs
NFL Black Monday 2019 - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: NFL Black Monday 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=9508)

Pages: 1 2

Black Monday 2019 - asskickingboots - 12-30-2019

Time to see some coaches get shitcanned.

First, the Browns dumped Kitchens after their season went down the sink (sink, Kitchens, get it?)

Second, the Giants are getting rid of Kyle Shurmur's dad

Third, Redskins are ditching GM Bruce Allen

Fourth, the Panthers have requested to interview Chiefs Offensive Coordinator Eric Bieniemy

UPDATE: EB also received an interview request from the Giants.

At least a couple other dominoes are likely to fall. Some interesting potential. I think whether it's the Panthers or elsewhere we can pretty well kiss EB goodbye. I think he has more potential as a fgiurehead coach than as a coordinator, tbh.

RE: Black Monday 2019 - Chi-town_Chief - 12-31-2019

The browns just over corrected and fired dorsey. I don't get the move (unless he fucked up contracts again). The team failed this year but they had talent.

RE: Black Monday 2019 - NOLA - 12-31-2019

(12-31-2019, 02:57 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  The browns just over corrected and fired dorsey. I don't get the move (unless he fucked up contracts again). The team failed this year but they had talent.

It's apparently not Dorsey the talent evaluator that's the problem; it's him as the head of an organization; this is the second place he's been GM where there's been lots of smoke around him and how he deals with his staff, coach, etc.

RE: Black Monday 2019 - asskickingboots - 12-31-2019

(12-31-2019, 02:57 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  The browns just over corrected and fired dorsey. I don't get the move (unless he fucked up contracts again). The team failed this year but they had talent.

Agreed. As much as he failed to control the cap here it basically was a non-concern there. Dorsey just did the typical "Cleveland premium" contracts as far as I remember.

Dorsey failed to build any kind of offensive line, but otherwise that was a very good roster.

Maybe it's a requirement of an incoming coach to pick his GM? I doubt this seeing as I don't think they've met with any candidates yet.

Completely unrelated, but another old friend and former Chiefs OC during some of their most inept years, Chan Gailey is coming out of retirement to show the Dolphins how to dress and be their OC. I'm sorry Miami, after all you did for us.

(note: can't find a picture of Gailey showing up to training camp looking like a blind man dressed him.) Found it!

[Image: 1.jpg]

RE: Black Monday 2019 - Wade Wilson - 12-31-2019

I never liked Dorsey.

RE: Black Monday 2019 - tyecopeland - 12-31-2019

I thought they should have kept the previous guy who acquired all the picks and given him a chance to actually build with what he was told to tear down.

RE: Black Monday 2019 - DallasChief - 01-02-2020

It's Thursday and Jason Garrett is still the head coach of the Cowboys. Weird.

RE: Black Monday 2019 - tyecopeland - 01-02-2020

(01-02-2020, 09:23 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  It's Thursday and Jason Garrett is still the head coach of the Cowboys.  Weird.

Yes but pretty soon he'll be former cowboys coach just because his contract runs out this month I think.
I mean they dont have to announce anything for him not to be the coach anymore, they could just let it run out. So no news is not good news for him.

RE: Black Monday 2019 - Razorchief - 01-02-2020

I sent an email to Mike Florio at Pro Football Talk and asked that question--can a person be fired if their contract simply expires. He said Yes, as they are then an at-will employee and can still be fired.

RE: Black Monday 2019 - ChiefsChick23 - 01-03-2020

(01-02-2020, 09:23 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  It's Thursday and Jason Garrett is still the head coach of the Cowboys.  Weird.

It's now Friday and the situation remains unchanged.

Double-weird.