Home of the Chiefs
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILER THREAD - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILER THREAD (/showthread.php?tid=9503)

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILER THREAD - NOLA - 12-19-2019

I saw the end of the Star War last night.  I am prepared to discuss when y'all are.

RE: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILER THREAD - tyecopeland - 12-19-2019

As far as I'm concerned you can go ahead. I've seen exactly zero star wars films in my life so I doubt I'll be watching this one to get spoiled.

RE: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILER THREAD - HG - 12-27-2019

Liked this one better then the last two. I honestly did not see that coming about her heritage . Didnt expect a certain memory to pop up either

RE: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILER THREAD - ChiefsChick23 - 12-30-2019

I was entertained. I think they made a bad call with Kylo Ren/Ben Solo. Messed up the mythos note that they were building to, just because they could.

RE: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILER THREAD - NOLA - 12-30-2019

(12-30-2019, 07:37 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  I was entertained.  I think they made a bad call with Kylo Ren/Ben Solo.  Messed up the mythos note that they were building to, just because they could.

Which part?  I thought his story arc was always going to head towards redemption.  I just thought it was a mistake that he "saw" his dad instead of Force Ghost Luke reconciling with him (which should have been Luke's arc for this trilogy).  I also thought it was lame that Rey was a Palpatine.  It was way more interesting when she was a nobody.

RE: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILER THREAD - ChiefsChick23 - 12-30-2019

(12-30-2019, 11:01 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(12-30-2019, 07:37 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  I was entertained.  I think they made a bad call with Kylo Ren/Ben Solo.  Messed up the mythos note that they were building to, just because they could.

Which part?  I thought his story arc was always going to head towards redemption.  I just thought it was a mistake that he "saw" his dad instead of Force Ghost Luke reconciling with him (which should have been Luke's arc for this trilogy).  I also thought it was lame that Rey was a Palpatine.  It was way more interesting when she was a nobody.

I thought they'd end the cycle where redemption always leads to nearly-immediate death.  A true happy ending would have worked much better, with Ben Solo and Rey creating a brand new paradigm that destroys the Sith/Jedi conflict (y'know, that balance to the force thing).  Redemption means nothing if it leads to death, y'know?

I was ALL IN for his redemption - they just shouldn't have killed him off, just to get a "ha ha no really happy endings because we're dicks".

I agree; she should have stayed a nobody - at best, make her origin as mysterious as Anakin Skywalker's (that would make her a Skywalker too, in a way).

RE: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILER THREAD - NOLA - 12-30-2019

(12-30-2019, 05:57 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  

I thought they'd end the cycle where redemption always leads to nearly-immediate death.  A true happy ending would have worked much better, with Ben Solo and Rey creating a brand new paradigm that destroys the Sith/Jedi conflict (y'know, that balance to the force thing).  Redemption means nothing if it leads to death, y'know?

I was ALL IN for his redemption - they just shouldn't have killed him off, just to get a "ha ha no really happy endings because we're dicks".

I agree; she should have stayed a nobody - at best, make her origin as mysterious as Anakin Skywalker's (that would make her a Skywalker too, in a way).

I hadn't thought about Rey and Ben actually working out (I just assumed he was gonna die), but it would've been a poetic counterbalance to Anakin and Padme's story for sure.

RE: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILER THREAD - ChiefsChick23 - 12-31-2019

(12-30-2019, 10:14 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(12-30-2019, 05:57 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  

I hadn't thought about Rey and Ben actually working out (I just assumed he was gonna die), but it would've been a poetic counterbalance to Anakin and Padme's story for sure.

EXACTLY.  We're not after innovation and surprises in Star Wars.  It would have balanced everything from story-telling point of view in a classic way.

Would have been a more satisfactory ending, IMO.  There's a story-telling itch that didn't get scratched.