Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs @ Bears - Sunday Night Football - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: HG Memorial Chiefs Talk (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs @ Bears - Sunday Night Football (/showthread.php?tid=9501)

Pages: 1 2

@ Bears - Sunday Night Football - asskickingboots - 12-17-2019

Sorry this is a bit late, but I've got this amateur side gig doing light specialty construction as a glazier that I've been letting get in the way. A man can dream of the big time.

Also, my computer restarted overnight when I had this half wrote, so here's my half-assed, basically self made second hand version of this.

Their Offense is Offensive
The Bears offense stinks. For the next 20 years every time we face the Bears we'll be obligated to mentioned that they could have had Mahomes. Just how bad are they? By yards per game they're basically the Broncos, 1 yard less per game.

There is a big debate among their fans about who is to blame; Trubisky, Nagy, or their o-line. Many are already fantasizing about their next head coach, so maybe we can get Nagy back New England style just as someone likely poaches Bieniemy this offseason.

They've got some pieces, but they still seem worse than the sum of their parts.

Their Defense is... Defensive?
On the flip side, that defense is still very good.

I think there's a general perception that they're not as good as last year. Truth is they are only slightly worse in points, actually better than the Ravens both for points allowed per game and yards per play, they just aren't as reliant on big plays (sacks, INTs, fumbles) and therefore not an exciting fantasy defense.

How Good are Da Bears then?
Criminally average. Their record is 7-7. Jeff Fisher gets mildly aroused watching them play, at half-mast you might say. It's embarrassing how average they are. That great defense is being wasted by the offense. They are so average as a team they're +3 on net points. Not +3 per game, which would be pretty close, but +3 on the season.

Now, an average NFL team that's motivated, overlooked, talented, that matches up well, and has a good gameplan can beat a far superior team. But that's only if the superior team lets them.

This is the Chiefs game to lose, but they damn well better not. I don't think they will, they look like they've been having a ton of fun as a team and they're on a roll. With a little help the Chiefs are still easily in the running for a bye.

Go Bills!

RE: @ Bears - Sunday Night Football - DallasChief - 12-18-2019

I don't feel comfortable about this game based on how late the thread got started.

RE: @ Bears - Sunday Night Football - tyecopeland - 12-18-2019

Chiefs by 30

RE: @ Bears - Sunday Night Football - asskickingboots - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 08:54 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  I don't feel comfortable about this game based on how late the thread got started.

I'm taking counter measures to ensure a Chiefs victory. I'm wearing my undefeated KC Wolf game day socks for 5 days straight. Should quadruple their magic powers.

RE: @ Bears - Sunday Night Football - NOLA - 12-19-2019

(12-18-2019, 07:54 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(12-18-2019, 08:54 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  I don't feel comfortable about this game based on how late the thread got started.

I'm taking counter measures to ensure a Chiefs victory. I'm wearing my undefeated KC Wolf game day socks for 5 days straight. Should quadruple their magic powers.

I'm also wearing dirty socks.  Totally for luck, too.  Just like akb.  Uh... go Chiefs!

RE: @ Bears - Sunday Night Football - tyecopeland - 12-22-2019

Over halfway there

RE: @ Bears - Sunday Night Football - NOLA - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 09:42 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Over halfway there

At this point I'm just rooting for Kelce for easy yards, Butker for safe FGs, and Allen Robinson for garbage yards because this game is over for Chicago but I'm still alive in my dynasty league championship.

RE: @ Bears - Sunday Night Football - asskickingboots - 12-22-2019

Man, what a boring game. Never in doubt.

I absolutely loved it!

RE: @ Bears - Sunday Night Football - Coach - 12-23-2019

Ho hum.

Amateur hour.

RE: @ Bears - Sunday Night Football - Razorchief - 12-23-2019

Announcers were saying something about how methodical we looked last night. Yes, it is great to score on 60 yard passes but even better to take 8 minutes on a 15 play drive. Decent running and good use of all receivers, especially the backs.