Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs vs. Ravens - Home Opener - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs vs. Ravens - Home Opener (/showthread.php?tid=9474)

Pages: 1 2

vs. Ravens - Home Opener - asskickingboots - 09-17-2019

The first two weeks I opened spitting a little fire at the enemy, so I guess it's time for me to lay into the Ravens.

First off, after at least a decade of hearing how amazing your GM is he had to leave before the braintrust of your team collectively realized Joe Flacco was neither elite nor worth keeping around. Not in 2015 either, but in 2019. That's the mark of a killer front office if I've ever seen one.

Props on targeting the worst QB talent evaluator in the world to dump him off though. There may be hope yet for whoever the hell isn't actually Ozzie Newsome. Wikipedia says it's Eric DeCosta that's their GM now, but they could have told me it was some made up sounding bullshit like OJ Brigance, but apparently that's their senior advisor of player development.

I traveled a long way for that joke, I'm keeping it no matter how much of a non-joke it is.

Other than that they're a statistical fucking marvel. Lamar Jackson has been most impressive, both running and passing. There's very little to argue with. THEY'VE GOT THE BEST OFFENSE AND 2ND BEST DEFENSE*, WE'RE SCREWED!!! THE BCS COMPUTERS LOVE THEM!!!

However, to use a powerful quote from Delanie Walker of the Titans after defeating the much hyped Browns in week 1, "They are who we thought they were. Y'all can crown 'em if you want. Crown 'em. Still got to play football." Man, who knew Delanie Walker was such a wordsmith? It stirs the soul. Glad they didn't let them off the hook.

If games were about amassing volume stats the Chargers might have won 3 SBs in the last decade. But instead, there's no need to crown them the God Kings of Imaginationland, because there's really only a couple stats that matter. What you get in garbage time doesn't matter whether you are winning or losing. You aren't a better team because the Dolphins put their asses on a silver platter for you.

(Seriously, watch this video. Not much to do with this game, but makes tons of fun of the Chargers.)

I would love to make fun of the Ravens more, but it's difficult to. They're off to an awesome start. So are we, but I can't really play victim when we're favored by -6.5 against a very good team. And that's the point I was getting to. We'll see it all on the field soon enough. I think a ton of their statistics on paper are just that, on paper.

*Relax, it's 2 games. Small sample size. They haven't exactly beaten juggernauts. Neither have we, but we're more proven. Yadda yadda.

RE: vs. Ravens - Home Opener - ChiefsChick23 - 09-18-2019

Looks like Fish has to get surgery. He'll be out 4-6 weeks.

That dooms the running game, but thank gawd Edwards is good in pass protection.

We can afford to lose a running back or five if we gotta.

RE: vs. Ravens - Home Opener - DallasChief - 09-19-2019

Who is Edwards?

RE: vs. Ravens - Home Opener - The_Jonas - 09-19-2019

(09-19-2019, 07:16 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  Who is Edwards?
I kinda thought she was obviously talking about Erving.  

Which makes sense because he was decent in pass protection and a complete liability run blocking (allegedly that's what he did, I didn't see any run blocking from him) against Oakland.

RE: vs. Ravens - Home Opener - ChiefsChick23 - 09-19-2019

(09-19-2019, 08:08 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(09-19-2019, 07:16 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  Who is Edwards?
I kinda thought she was obviously talking about Erving.  

Which makes sense because he was decent in pass protection and a complete liability run blocking (allegedly that's what he did, I didn't see any run blocking from him) against Oakland.

This is what happens when you multitask.

Of course I meant Erving.

RE: vs. Ravens - Home Opener - mabbott - 09-19-2019

I honestly think with our poor run blocking, Thompson would do better than Williams or McCoy.

RE: vs. Ravens - Home Opener - HG - 09-21-2019

Couple of things different for this game set up.

1: Its gonna rain like crazy. Supposed to stop at end of the 4th quarter.
2: No Flames shooting up to the sky some idiot in Nashville or Houston fucked that up for everybode.
3: Notice the endzones. They will be painted like the old municipal stadium endzones.

RE: vs. Ravens - Home Opener - NOLA - 09-21-2019

(09-21-2019, 10:10 AM)HG Wrote:  Couple of things different for this game set up.

1:  Its gonna rain like crazy.  Supposed to stop at end of the 4th quarter.
2:  No Flames shooting up to the sky some idiot in Nashville or Houston fucked that up for everybode.
3:  Notice the endzones.  They will be painted like the old municipal stadium endzones.

Feel like heavy rain favors Baltimore, but everytime I doubt Mahomes he performs another miracle, so... bring it, shitty weather forecast.  Bring it.

RE: vs. Ravens - Home Opener - tyecopeland - 09-21-2019

I had this as the first loss of the season. I dont believe the current hype on Lamar. But I am still worried about this game.

RE: vs. Ravens - Home Opener - The_Jonas - 09-22-2019

(09-21-2019, 10:54 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-21-2019, 10:10 AM)HG Wrote:  Couple of things different for this game set up.

1:  Its gonna rain like crazy.  Supposed to stop at end of the 4th quarter.
2:  No Flames shooting up to the sky some idiot in Nashville or Houston fucked that up for everybode.
3:  Notice the endzones.  They will be painted like the old municipal stadium endzones.

Feel like heavy rain favors Baltimore, but everytime I doubt Mahomes he performs another miracle, so... bring it, shitty weather forecast.  Bring it.

If there's one thing that Mahomes has taught me, it's that the rules don't apply to him.  You just have to kinda toss every preconception you have about quarterbacks.  

He hasn't gone a single game yet without at least one "How in the HELL did he do that?" moment.