Home of the Chiefs
NFL 2019 Other Games Thread - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: NFL 2019 Other Games Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9472)

Pages: 1 2 3

2019 Other Games Thread - asskickingboots - 09-08-2019

Just a couple thoughts on some of the other games today. Really I'm mostly making this so we've got a thread for the year.

Browns dismantled by Titans
I'm legit happy to see the Browns lose. I was sick of all of the media attention they were getting, the fact their offense was being compared to ours, and that they were being considered a legit SB contender after not even making the playoffs last year. In the NFL a focused average team can dominate a better team that's not as centered. The Browns were that team last year on multiple occasions. They needed a humbling.

This was a competitive game most of the day, but like Gladiator from the Marvel comics the Browns started to fold as their confidence waned.

The AFC South is a mess of middling teams, so the Titans got a legit shot to represent them in the playoffs if they start out with an early lead and everyone just beats up on eachother.

Chargers graze by the Luckless Colts in OT
The Colts have a decent roster, but the whole allure to them as a potential playoff team was Andrew Luck at QB. Brissett isn't a terrible emergency starter, but it's still clear it changes their entire approach to offense. Even knowing this, the Chargers couldn't stop Mack from running all over them, 25 carries for 174 yards.

In regulation the Colts outgained them while overcoming a 9-24 deficit. In fact the Chargers offense didn't score from halfway through the 3rd until OT. But the Chargers pulled it out.

The stigma about the Chargers before last year was simply that they lose games they shouldn't. Last year and one game into this year they're winning games they shouldn't. They're going to be our toughest threat in the division, but they didn't really look like a force in this game.

Pats Demolish Steelers
Tom Brady is an unending Lich siphoning power from the orphans he grinds up into TB12 vitamins. I will be every bit as happy when he retires and/or falls off a cliff as I was with Peyton Manning. I've been more of a defender than a hater of TB over the years, but I'm just goddamn sick of the Pats.

Steelers all but officially suck now. Should be interesting to see how they play against their division now.

Cards and Lions Tie
I didn't watch any of this game or even highlights yet so my only comment is... really? Let's not become soccer, NFL. Ties are lame.

RE: 2019 Other Games Thread - The_Jonas - 09-08-2019

My thoughts on week 1 so far:

- The Browns have all the talent. Honestly you'd have to be terrible to not produce with the talent they have on offense. Freddie Kitchens : "Hold my beer."

- The Dolphins aren't really even trying. I have no doubt that Lamar Jackson has improved, but I don't think he's improved THAT much.

- Steelers look like crap early. For both them and the Falcons it seems playing like shit on opening day has become a tradition.

- Jameis Winston is the worst starting QB in the NFL. Colonel Sanders would have been better off being a terrible announcer than trying to revive that corpse of a career.

- Saquan Barkley is the best RB I've seen in a long time. He's like some Barry Sanders/Bo Jackson hybrid. Insanely good. Way too fast for his size and strength. Like Barry and Bo, he seems to carry the curse of most great RB's. Doomed to go nowhere because his team sucks ASS.

RE: 2019 Other Games Thread - asskickingboots - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 10:56 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  - The Browns have all the talent.  Honestly you'd have to be terrible to not produce with the talent they have on offense.  Freddie Kitchens :  "Hold my beer." 

They're undisciplined. Most of the stats were within reason on the game except penalties (18 vs. 6) and interceptions (3 vs. 0). It's hard to win games that way. Also, they couldn't convert on 3rd down all game (10%).

This is not a great sign for a rookie HC and a QB that was well known for being an ass in college. Kitchens needs to figure things out quick.

RE: 2019 Other Games Thread - warthog - 09-09-2019

What an incredible ending to the first Monday Night Football game. That last minute was wild.

I hate both the teams in the second game, I couldn’t care less who wins. One question I have, why do Oakland fans still care and even show up? The team is moving out of town for Christ sakes, but those idiots still dutifully show up.

RE: 2019 Other Games Thread - asskickingboots - 09-09-2019

(09-09-2019, 09:38 PM)warthog Wrote:  What an incredible ending to the first Monday Night Football game.  That last minute was wild.

I hate both the teams in the second game, I couldn’t care less who wins.  One question I have, why do Oakland fans still care and even show up?  The team is moving out of town for Christ sakes, but those idiots still dutifully show up.

I think if I were a fan I'd still show up to games and be passionate even if a little of the edge is off, mostly in the hopes of getting a new team to replace the leaving team like the Browns did. However, I'd still be pissed and as soon as they're out of town they're dead to me and their prick owner is on my shit list.

But yeah, amazing first game. Wow!

RE: 2019 Other Games Thread - The_Jonas - 09-10-2019

(09-08-2019, 11:17 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(09-08-2019, 10:56 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  - The Browns have all the talent.  Honestly you'd have to be terrible to not produce with the talent they have on offense.  Freddie Kitchens :  "Hold my beer." 

They're undisciplined. Most of the stats were within reason on the game except penalties (18 vs. 6) and interceptions (3 vs. 0). It's hard to win games that way. Also, they couldn't convert on 3rd down all game (10%).

This is not a great sign for a rookie HC and a QB that was well known for being an ass in college. Kitchens needs to figure things out quick.

Baker is on top of it.  I've heard he's already shotgunning beers.

RE: 2019 Other Games Thread - ChiefsChick23 - 09-16-2019

Chargers choked in Detroit. Broncos got jobbed (I have no pity for them - they deserve it) in their own house.

Big Ben out for the year, Drew Brees out for 6 weeks.

Miami might be historically bad.

This is shaping up to be a very interesting season.

RE: 2019 Other Games Thread - tyecopeland - 09-16-2019

(09-16-2019, 12:20 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  Chargers choked in Detroit.  Broncos got jobbed (I have no pity for them - they deserve it) in their own house.

Big Ben out for the year, Drew Brees out for 6 weeks.

Miami might be historically bad.

This is shaping up to be a very interesting season.

Just curious, why do you think they, the broncos, got got?

RE: 2019 Other Games Thread - DallasChief - 09-16-2019

The roughing the passer call on Chubb was a terrible call.

RE: 2019 Other Games Thread - tyecopeland - 09-16-2019

(09-16-2019, 01:58 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  The roughing the passer call on Chubb was a terrible call.

Terrible but correct by the rules. He landed on him with his full body weight.