Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs @ Jacksonville - Season Opener - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs @ Jacksonville - Season Opener (/showthread.php?tid=9469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

@ Jacksonville - Season Opener - asskickingboots - 08-29-2019

Talking to some J.A.G.s fans online (both of them) really makes me want to bring back my "Why the Chiefs Will Win" blogs from years back. Instead I'll just share a couple smack talking tidbits.

Shit Jaguars Fans Say:

1. Foles is better than Bortles, therefore Chiefs will lose.

A common theme from Jacksonville douches is that all of their ills land on Blake Bortles. Don't get me wrong, Bortles is a significant anchor to help bring any boat underwater, but they're ignoring a lot of other holes. They were never on the cusp of being competitive last year. The Chiefs were ahead 23-0 before Jacksonville showed any life. ESPN calculated it as an 87.1% win probability for the Chiefs at the start of the 2nd quarter. Even with a lucky onside kick recovery 30-14 and a mountain of pure gahbage stats to make it look closer was the best they could do.

[Image: ImpeccableInexperiencedCottonmouth-size_restricted.gif]

Also, you aren't asking Foles to helm a confident team already well on its way to the playoffs. You're asking Foles to resuscitate a broken team that was in open revolt with itself. At the first sign of adversity, that defense will be thinking "not this shit again!"

And above all, the only math that matters is Mahomes > Foles. That is obvious.

2. Jags Defense was just tired. They are elite!

Yes, they are elite. Also, it doesn't matter because our offense is in the All-Time neighborhood. Their defense wasn't tired on drive 1, but that didn't stop the Chiefs from having a 10 play, 73 yard TD drive to open the game. Next Chiefs drive was 14 plays, 82 yards and a FG. Chiefs already established from moment one they could basically do what they wanted to the Jags. Bortles didn't have a single turnover yet.

Also, the Jaguars actually ran far more plays, 83 vs. 69 (nice!) for the Chiefs. So the "tired defense" excuse is both tired itself and nonsensical. What's stopping the Chiefs from just killing nearly 12 minutes of clock in the first 2 drives again? The same defense minus a couple key players?

[Image: raw]

3. Jalen Ramsey is going to shut down Tyreek!
Ramsey didn't cover Hill all game like he supposedly will this time, but he actually did pretty well being honest, save for one big play. Ramsey was sucking wind by the 3rd quarter, so his ass was there to be had if we needed it late like a closing time booty call, but we had already ran roughshod over them. Can you really brag about shutting down one receiver whenever you give up 313 yards passing in basically 3 quarters?

That's the whole point of our offense. It's pick your poison, so unless you're immune to iocane powder you're screwed. You can't cover Hill AND Kelce AND Watkins AND so on...

So, screw off Jags fans. Also, I hate to break this to you, the NFL doesn't like you well enough to do any favors to make it easier on you if a hurricane comes your way. You'll get screwed because as far as they're concerned you'll be the London Blackknights within 5 years.

[Image: confounded-jaguars-fan-nfl-fan-gifs.gif]

RE: @ Jacksonville - Season Opener - asskickingboots - 08-30-2019

Here's something else I've wanted to address all offseason. "Frank Clark can't replace both Houston and Ford". Okay, this is literally true, and looking at last year it would be a career year to match their production.

2018 Frank Clark: 13 sacks
2018 Ford and Houston: 22 sacks

However, Frank Clark has no significant injury history and is younger than both, hence the following.

2018 Frank Clark: 13 sacks
2017 Ford and Houston: 11.5 sacks
2016 Ford and Houston: 14 sacks
2015 Ford and Houston: 11.5 sacks

Technically that means over the last 4 years Houston and Ford do average more sacks than Clark had last year, but we're talking 14.75 vs. 13. Also, I'm not comparing 2017 or 2016 Frank Clark because he wasn't a full-time starter yet. Even then he had 10 and 9 sacks respectively in limited playing time, so not bad at all.

It's effectively the same as the Honey Badger vs. Eric Berry comparison. It's a moot point because Houston and Ford are available only in limited chunks.

Clark does have to stay healthy for this to still be true, but that's before considering that whoever lines up opposite of him (a combination of Ogbah, Okafor, and K-Pass) is going to pick up some sacks too or that Clark is a far better run defender than Ford and that's not up for debate.

Earlier this offseason I was not in favor of the Clark trade and would have rather have paid Ford. That was before I saw Ford get paid $84M by the Niners. Even then I always thought Clark was a better and more complete player than Ford, so seeing how this played out so far... I'm okay with it.

RE: @ Jacksonville - Season Opener - NOLA - 08-30-2019

(08-29-2019, 07:36 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  That's the whole point of our offense. It's pick your poison, so unless you're immune to iocane powder you're screwed. You can't cover Hill AND Kelce AND Watkins AND so on...

[Image: VizziniDeath.gif]

RE: @ Jacksonville - Season Opener - tyecopeland - 08-30-2019

(08-30-2019, 09:45 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Earlier this offseason I was not in favor of the Clark trade and would have rather have paid Ford. That was before I saw Ford get paid $84M by the Niners. Even then I always thought Clark was a better and more complete player than Ford, so seeing how this played out so far... I'm okay with it.

Ford didnt really get 84 mil though. He signed basically a 1 year 21 mil contract with the 49ers with 4 option years at about 15 mil per year. 2 years and 35.5 mil is very likely but after that hes not gonna cost the 49ers hardly anything unless they want to pay him another 15 per year.

Clark on the other hand is guaranteed 2 years 44 mil. And our first real out on him is after year 3 which would be 64 mil.

So clark was much more expensive to sign than ford even though the difference was 20 mil over 5 years it's really 20 mil over 2-3 years.

RE: @ Jacksonville - Season Opener - asskickingboots - 08-30-2019

(08-30-2019, 12:18 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(08-30-2019, 09:45 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Earlier this offseason I was not in favor of the Clark trade and would have rather have paid Ford. That was before I saw Ford get paid $84M by the Niners. Even then I always thought Clark was a better and more complete player than Ford, so seeing how this played out so far... I'm okay with it.

Ford didnt really get 84 mil though. He signed basically a 1 year 21 mil contract with the 49ers with 4 option years at about 15 mil per year. 2 years and 35.5 mil is very likely but after that hes not gonna cost the 49ers hardly anything unless they want to pay him another 15 per year.

Clark on the other hand is guaranteed 2 years 44 mil. And our first real out on him is after year 3 which would be 64 mil.

So clark was much more expensive to sign than ford even though the difference was 20 mil over 5 years it's really 20 mil over 2-3 years.

That's fair, but I think Clark is more valuable personally. I just didn't see the point in trading Ford away so we could trade for Clark instead of keeping our draft picks.

Now that it's all played out I'm fine with the end result. Just have to see if it pays off.

RE: @ Jacksonville - Season Opener - The_Jonas - 08-31-2019

(08-30-2019, 12:24 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

That's fair, but I think Clark is more valuable personally. I just didn't see the point in trading Ford away so we could trade for Clark instead of keeping our draft picks.

Now that it's all played out I'm fine with the end result. Just have to see if it pays off.

I feel about Dee ford the way Ray Finkle's mom feels about Dan Marino

RE: @ Jacksonville - Season Opener - NOLA - 08-31-2019

(08-31-2019, 11:56 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

I feel about Dee ford the way Ray Finkle's mom feels about Dan Marino

He was like a half a yard the wrong side of the line of scrimmage.  The best thing that happened to me that day was passing out on my couch instead of watching that game after confirming that my dentist (and good friend of mine from college) could fix the front tooth a broke at the NFC championship.

RE: @ Jacksonville - Season Opener - tyecopeland - 09-01-2019

I've not been a fan of dee ford and it has nothing to do with him being offsides. Seriously I dont hold that against him. 
But we gave up a first and a lot of cap space to turn dee Ford into frank Clark. So he needs to deliver. Also, if the 49ers really sucked again that would be great.
We turned ford and a 1st rounder into clark, an 8 pick upgrade in round 3 and an unknown upgrade in round 2 this coming draft. If we go from 32nd pick to top 5 pick in the 2nd round it will be worth it.

RE: @ Jacksonville - Season Opener - The_Jonas - 09-01-2019

(09-01-2019, 03:01 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

I've not been a fan of dee ford and it has nothing to do with him being offsides. Seriously I dont hold that against him. 
But we gave up a first and a lot of cap space to turn dee Ford into frank Clark. So he needs to deliver. Also, if the 49ers really sucked again that would be great.
We turned ford and a 1st rounder into clark, an 8 pick upgrade in round 3 and an unknown upgrade in round 2 this coming draft. If we go from 32nd pick to top 5 pick in the 2nd round it will be worth it.

Yeah, you should hold it against him.  

Teams that make careless mental mistakes in crucial moments don't play in the SB.  Belichick's intolerance for that kind of lazy mental mistake is a huge reason his team is always playing in the SB even when they're not the most talented.

RE: @ Jacksonville - Season Opener - ChiefsChick23 - 09-03-2019

Idiot Jax fans (and Jack Del Rio) are apparently speculating that a football team that trained in St. Joe for the last couple of months is going to have some trouble with the heat and humidity in Jax.

Because, y'know, it doesn't get really hot and humid in the midwest.

And the last time the Chiefs played game 1 in Jax - in 2013 - the Chiefs won 28-2.