Home of the Chiefs
Avengers Endgame Spoiler Thread - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Avengers Endgame Spoiler Thread (/thread-9458.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Avengers Endgame Spoiler Thread - NOLA - 04-26-2019

Endgame spoilers here.  We have much to discuss.

RE: Avengers Endgame Spoiler Thread - HG - 04-26-2019

Indeed. And yes while tempted to shed a tear about 5 times. It only happened twice

RE: Avengers Endgame Spoiler Thread - NOLA - 04-27-2019

(04-26-2019, 04:04 PM)HG Wrote: Indeed.  And yes while tempted to shed a tear  about 5 times.  It only happened twice

So... what'd you think of Thor's story arc?  And Cap?

RE: Avengers Endgame Spoiler Thread - HG - 04-30-2019

I thought Caps was perfect and well done. A great way to close it out. I was really hoping the Mjolnir thing happened with him. The bothers gave us not only a great story but did everything they could to make the fans happy. Little things like Cheese burgers or "On your left. I thought Tony and Thors time with their respective parent was awesome. Thor calling Mjolnir to find that he was still worthy got probably one of the 3 loudest responses. I likesd thor at the beginning. I thought it funny with the big belly and being out of shape. I can understand a drunkared. But a crybaby goofball I really didnt like that. Overall 10.5 out of 10. Seen it twice and it got better the 2nd time

RE: Avengers Endgame Spoiler Thread - The_Jonas - 05-09-2019

Good GAWD guys, nice thread.   Geez.  

First of all the Thor/Lebowski references were killing me.   Just one time he should have asked for a white russian.

It was good.  I thought it was a bit fucked up at the end how everyone is like "Aww poor Tony, we miss you" and everyone just kinda forgot about Natasha.  

Cap's story ended well.  Nothing he did was erased and he was able to live a long happy life.  His story arc had fulfilled it's purpose.  

One question: So if Tony vaporized Thanos's forces, that means he vaporized past version Gamora right?  I noticed she wasn't there at the end with the other guardians.  That's kinda... fucked up.

RE: Avengers Endgame Spoiler Thread - BrooklynChiefsFan - 05-10-2019

Yet Starlord was searching for her on the ship. She's out there. Chances are her and Nat are alive in the soul stone. I assume that'll be the plot of GotGv3:The Search for Gamora.

As this is a spoiler thread, are Far From Home trailer scenes fair game?

RE: Avengers Endgame Spoiler Thread - tyecopeland - 05-10-2019

This is indeed the sadest spoiler thread for a big movie or a comic book adaptation movie I have yet to see on this site. What the hell are you guys even doing during the offseason if you aren't going to blow up the first page with this type of shit. We need new members, or old members, (just not too many) And I'm saying that as a relative newbie here. Feels like this site has only lost posters since I've joined and I dont think I've ran any off.

RE: Avengers Endgame Spoiler Thread - asskickingboots - 05-10-2019

I think it's because this puts a bow on most everything that we haven't discussed it much. Most of the people I've talked at length about it have said some variation of "I liked/loved it, but I'm worried about the future of the MCU". That may be the elephant in the room too, the fear of what's to come.

More b-rate characters, replacement characters missing the charm and developed backstories of the originals, social justice nonsense being more important than a good story, and they'll probably deviate from the formula to have weirder storytelling that seldom works (ex: multiverse stuff). That's my fear.

I for one don't want the MCU combined with the X-Men. Give me stuff like X-Force with Deadpool and Wolverine all day every day, but I don't want to screw everything up for a ham-fisted reason to have them get 15 minutes of screentime in Thor 7: The Quest for More Money.

But if they start bringing characters back, like Black Widow and Gamora, I'm out. I'm just straight up out. You have to make sense within your own universe and that would basically invalidate a couple dozen movies to bring them back, IMO. Nothing matters when consequences are removed. It sucks when they do it in comics, it sucks when they do it in TV shows, I don't like repeating the worst aspects of Dallas in any format. No point in watching the greater story, maybe I'd go see the couple movies that individually interest me.

Some of these characters certainly have more run in them, like Black Panther, Spiderman, and Ant-Man, but I don't know if they can carry the MCU together. Captain Marvel is a boring, overpowered character. How do they create a fun power dynamic on a team with her?

As far as Endgame itself, while I thought Fat Thor was hilarious, it basically ruined his character development across several movies. It reverted him to being a dude bro that's unwilling to shoulder responsibility... immediately after he finally grew up to be a real man like his father and ready to lead.

I liked Tony's story with one exception. They immediately lowered the stakes for him with the way they handled time travel. He wasn't going to create a new reality where his daughter was never born, so there really wasn't much reason not to try and change time.

Cap's story was about perfect as was Hawkeye's. While I like Falcon over Bucky as Cap, I have fears that the next run of TV shows will suck. Cap works best as an ideal, as the moral compass of a group in turmoil. By himself, he's kind of boring because you don't have much worry about if he'll do the right thing.

Anyway, enough rambling. I really liked Endgame even though I just nit-picked it and the MCU's future. Time for me to finish playing catch up on Game of Thrones. Going to watch all of season 7, if not get caught up altogether this weekend.

RE: Avengers Endgame Spoiler Thread - NOLA - 05-11-2019

(05-10-2019, 03:33 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: This is indeed the sadest spoiler thread for a big movie or a comic book adaptation movie I have yet to see on this site.  What the hell are you guys even doing during the offseason if you aren't going to blow up the first page with this type of shit. We need new members, or old members, (just not too many) And I'm saying that as a relative newbie here. Feels like this site has only lost posters since I've joined and I dont think I've ran any off.

No, it's because of you.  Most of them told me so.

RE: Avengers Endgame Spoiler Thread - NOLA - 05-11-2019

(05-10-2019, 07:36 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: I think it's because this puts a bow on most everything that we haven't discussed it much. Most of the people I've talked at length about it have said some variation of "I liked/loved it, but I'm worried about the future of the MCU". That may be the elephant in the room too, the fear of what's to come.

More b-rate characters, replacement characters missing the charm and developed backstories of the originals, social justice nonsense being more important than a good story, and they'll probably deviate from the formula to have weirder storytelling that seldom works (ex: multiverse stuff). That's my fear.

I for one don't want the MCU combined with the X-Men. Give me stuff like X-Force with Deadpool and Wolverine all day every day, but I don't want to screw everything up for a ham-fisted reason to have them get 15 minutes of screentime in Thor 7: The Quest for More Money.

But if they start bringing characters back, like Black Widow and Gamora, I'm out. I'm just straight up out. You have to make sense within your own universe and that would basically invalidate a couple dozen movies to bring them back, IMO. Nothing matters when consequences are removed. It sucks when they do it in comics, it sucks when they do it in TV shows, I don't like repeating the worst aspects of Dallas in any format. No point in watching the greater story, maybe I'd go see the couple movies that individually interest me.

Some of these characters certainly have more run in them, like Black Panther, Spiderman, and Ant-Man, but I don't know if they can carry the MCU together. Captain Marvel is a boring, overpowered character. How do they create a fun power dynamic on a team with her?

As far as Endgame itself, while I thought Fat Thor was hilarious, it basically ruined his character development across several movies. It reverted him to being a dude bro that's unwilling to shoulder responsibility... immediately after he finally grew up to be a real man like his father and ready to lead.

I liked Tony's story with one exception. They immediately lowered the stakes for him with the way they handled time travel. He wasn't going to create a new reality where his daughter was never born, so there really wasn't much reason not to try and change time.

Cap's story was about perfect as was Hawkeye's. While I like Falcon over Bucky as Cap, I have fears that the next run of TV shows will suck. Cap works best as an ideal, as the moral compass of a group in turmoil. By himself, he's kind of boring because you don't have much worry about if he'll do the right thing.

Anyway, enough rambling. I really liked Endgame even though I just nit-picked it and the MCU's future. Time for me to finish playing catch up on Game of Thrones. Going to watch all of season 7, if not get caught up altogether this weekend.

I disagree about Fat Thor.  I don't think it was handled perfectly, but I liked the idea that Thor's arc was actually about him accepting himself, and not his destiny.  Lost in all the goofiness (more on that shortly) was the fact that he was still worthy.  Fat, disheveled, and dressed like I dress whenever possible, dude was still the Mighty Thor.  It's just that he had lived a long life and endured more trauma than anyone should face.

So the real problem with Fat Thor, to me, was the same problem I had Ragnorak: don't play it only for laughs.  I appreciated the brevity, but Thor was suffering the most sever PTSD we've seen in the MCU outside of Tony Stark, and Tony's trauma was always taken seriously from Iron Man 3 onward.  Thor's suffering didn't seem to get the same respect, and that's on the Russos here.