Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs Derrick Johnson - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs Derrick Johnson (/thread-9447.html)

Pages: 1 2

Derrick Johnson - DallasChief - 01-17-2019

So, I was watching an interview of Derrick Johnson by Colin Cowherd and I asked myself, "is Derrick Johnson a Hall of Famer?".
  • 4× Pro Bowl selection (2011–2013, 2015)
  • First-team All-Pro selection (2011)
  • Second-team All-Pro selection (2015)
  • Pro Bowl Defensive MVP (2013)
  • PFWA All-AFC selection (2012)
  • Kansas City Chiefs All Time Leading Tackler (1,151)
I'm sure everyone here is as biased as I am but I feel he is a HOFer. But does the rest of the country?

RE: Derrick Johnson - asskickingboots - 01-17-2019

Holy shit! Pro Bowl MVP! That should do it by itself!

I earnestly think he's borderline. I wouldn't feel offended if he's in or out. I would lean towards him deserving it, but I don't know how he stacks up to the competition.

RE: Derrick Johnson - mabbott - 01-17-2019

He also set the record for most sacks in a game.

RE: Derrick Johnson - DallasChief - 01-17-2019

Say what?

RE: Derrick Johnson - chiefsfaninky - 01-18-2019

(01-17-2019, 12:33 PM)DallasChief Wrote: Say what?

Yeah, really. Me thinks he is thinking Thomas, and he is already in the Hall. As for DJ, that's a tough one. He isn't a slam dunk, but I could see him making it, eventually. Hell off stats alone, Priest should be in there, if Terrell Davis can make it.

RE: Derrick Johnson - mabbott - 01-18-2019

Sorry, I read Derrick Thomas not Derrick Johnson... Derrick Johnson is not a Hall of Fame player

RE: Derrick Johnson - The_Jonas - 01-20-2019

(01-18-2019, 02:35 AM)chiefsfaninky Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 12:33 PM)DallasChief Wrote: Say what?

Yeah, really. Me thinks he is thinking Thomas, and he is already in the Hall. As for DJ, that's a tough one. He isn't a slam dunk, but I could see him making it, eventually. Hell off stats alone, Priest should be in there, if Terrell Davis can make it.

Terrell Davis isn't in there because of stats.

Priest Holmes isn't a superbowl MVP.  IF he was, he'd probably make it in eventually just like Davis did.

RE: Derrick Johnson - Coach - 01-20-2019

Derrick Johnson is a Chiefs HOF, that I can go for.

As for the NFL HOF, no.

A great player, but I didn't see him as an elite player.

RE: Derrick Johnson - The_Jonas - 01-20-2019

(01-20-2019, 11:19 PM)Coach Wrote: Derrick Johnson is a Chiefs HOF, that I can go for.

As for the NFL HOF, no.

If he was the same player early in his career that he was from 2010 to 2015, I'd definitely think he was.  

He just wasn't elite long enough, and was never on any dominant championship defenses.

RE: Derrick Johnson - Coach - 01-20-2019

(01-20-2019, 11:27 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 11:19 PM)Coach Wrote: Derrick Johnson is a Chiefs HOF, that I can go for.

As for the NFL HOF, no.

If he was the same player early in his career that he was from 2010 to 2015, I'd definitely think he was.  

He just wasn't elite long enough, and was never on any dominant championship defenses.

Agreed.  That was two knocks on him, based on my opinion.  Had he gotten a SB ring (or a AFC champion), or had a long stretch of elite play, that would had definitely helped him.