Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs 2018 Playoffs: Chiefs vs Colts - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs 2018 Playoffs: Chiefs vs Colts (/thread-9439.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

2018 Playoffs: Chiefs vs Colts - ChiefsChick23 - 01-05-2019

We are going to beat them like a mule.

RE: 2018 Playoffs: Chiefs vs Colts - tyecopeland - 01-05-2019

(01-05-2019, 07:45 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: We are going to beat them like a mule.

Why are we beating mules?

RE: 2018 Playoffs: Chiefs vs Colts - tyecopeland - 01-05-2019

And. As I said in one of the other threads. This is the matchup i wanted. Although mack has run really well as of late, hes not as dangerous to our run d as Gordon is or the entire ravens run game.

RE: 2018 Playoffs: Chiefs vs Colts - The_Jonas - 01-06-2019

Good.  Good.

This will be KC's redemption run guys.   15 is our exorcist, and we're casting some demons back to hell next saturday.

This is the matchup I wanted for purely emotional reasons.  None of the 3 team we could have played are easy wins.  All tough match ups for KC's defense.  Any playoff team will be.  

If you didn't know, over the past 10 weeks the Colts D has been even better than the Ravens.  They're probably the best of the WC teams.  

However this fanbase NEEDS this win.  

And no matter who wins between SD/Baltimore/NE, (if we're being real here, it will be B-more or NE as Rivers will choke and has been playing like trash since the KC game) we get a few more teams that have given us some past playoff L's.  

Excellent.

RE: 2018 Playoffs: Chiefs vs Colts - NOLA - 01-06-2019

I have anxiety about this game, both because of the spectre of playoff games past, and because that team has looked like a buzzsaw since October.

RE: 2018 Playoffs: Chiefs vs Colts - asskickingboots - 01-08-2019

Most people on TV seem to agree this game is largely dependent upon if the Chiefs can slow down Indy's rushing attack, and I agree that it's very important. Some of these people are idiots though. I've heard multiple people refer to Marlon Mack's game as "magical" or some other nonsense.

Statistically, Mack had a great game. 24 carries, 148 yards, 1 TD, 6.2 average is hard to argue with, but I'm going to anyway. A huge chunk of those yards came on the final drive of the game when Houston was already reserved to their fate. Before that Mack had 19 carries, 104 yards, 1 TD, 5.4 average. That's still very good, and the ability to close out a game isn't a negative, but I wouldn't even venture close to calling that "magical".

The real matchup that I think decides the game is our pass rushers vs. their much improved O-line. The Colts didn't surrender a single sack all game on the road. That's impressive. However, the Texans aren't nearly as prolific rushing the passer as the Chiefs, the Chiefs being tied for 1st in the league during the regular season while the Texans were tied for 11th.

So, my thoughts are if the Chiefs get to Luck, especially early and often, that throws off the whole schedule of the Colts offense and gives us a lot of avenues to achieve a win. If not, winning a shootout may be our only hope.

RE: 2018 Playoffs: Chiefs vs Colts - ChiefsChick23 - 01-08-2019

I'm down with this.

We're going to start naming the kicker.

He was Lin Elliott, and by naming him, honoring him, and remembering that it really wasn't his fault... the curse shall be broken.

Nice read, and if you go to 610 sports I'm sure they'll have the interview this morning up soon.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article224040115.html

Link to the interview:

https://610sports.radio.com/media/audio-channel/0108-lin-elliott

Note: He was a Texas Tech guy too.

CURSE BROKEN.

RE: 2018 Playoffs: Chiefs vs Colts - asskickingboots - 01-08-2019

It took me a while to realize this, but this may be a preview of the premiere matchup of the AFC for the next 5+ years.

Earlier in the season many of us were pointing out QBs like Brady, Rivers, and Big Ben are nearing the end of great careers. We talked about Mahomes and Watson being a possible rivalry especially considering their entwined history. What if the AFC is ran by Mahomes, Luck, and Mayfield for the better part of a decade?

This game obviously means a lot for Chiefs history. It may mean even more for our future.

RE: 2018 Playoffs: Chiefs vs Colts - ChiefsChick23 - 01-08-2019

(01-08-2019, 10:02 AM)asskickingboots Wrote: It took me a while to realize this, but this may be a preview of the premiere matchup of the AFC for the next 5+ years.

Earlier in the season many of us were pointing out QBs like Brady, Rivers, and Big Ben are nearing the end of great careers. We talked about Mahomes and Watson being a possible rivalry especially considering their entwined history. What if the AFC is ran by Mahomes, Luck, and Mayfield for the better part of a decade?

This game obviously means a lot for Chiefs history. It may mean even more for our future.

Luck's older than the rest, so he might not be a part of it very long. But hey, I thought Rivers and Brady both would have their feet up on the beach by now.

Don't forget Watson.

RE: 2018 Playoffs: Chiefs vs Colts - tyecopeland - 01-08-2019

(01-08-2019, 10:51 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 10:02 AM)asskickingboots Wrote: It took me a while to realize this, but this may be a preview of the premiere matchup of the AFC for the next 5+ years.

Luck's older than the rest, so he might not be a part of it very long. But hey, I thought Rivers and Brady both would have their feet up on the beach by now.

Don't forget Watson.

He didnt... ??