Home of the Chiefs
Playoffs Spitballing - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Playoffs Spitballing (/thread-9411.html)

Playoffs Spitballing - Razorchief - 11-06-2018

Yes, still a lot of season to got but I got to thinking bout the Chargers and other potential playoff teams. Mainly the Chargers since they were the cool pick to win the division, etc. Anyway, since the NFL sets playoff ticket prices and is more involved with ticket allocation than during regular season, does the NFL give Chargers a "home game" in either Coliseum or Rose Bowl? Would generate a lot more money and provide fans of "visiting" team a chance to see their team. Just curious

RE: Playoffs Spitballing - NOLA - 11-06-2018

(11-06-2018, 11:47 AM)Razorchief Wrote: Yes, still a lot of season to got but I got to thinking bout the Chargers and other potential playoff teams. Mainly the Chargers since they were the cool pick to win the division, etc. Anyway, since the NFL sets playoff ticket prices and is more involved with ticket allocation than during regular season, does the NFL give Chargers a "home game" in either Coliseum or Rose Bowl? Would generate a lot more money and provide fans of "visiting" team a chance to see their team. Just curious

Like, are you asking what would happen if they were to win the division?  I would think their playoff games would be wherever they're playing now.

Since we're pretty sure they're not winning the division, though, I doubt it will come up.  What does interest me about the Chargers is why everyone (sports media) has such a hard-on for this team.  Yes, they've only lost to the Rams and Chiefs, but who the fuck have they beaten?  Well, let me tell you: the Bills, the Beathard-led Niners, the Gruden Grinders, the Browns, the Titans by virtue of Mike Vrabel's incompetence only (going for it was right, the play-call was shit), and the Seahawks.  

I no longer believe the Seahawks are good.  The rest of those teams are dumpster fires.  You can only play the teams on your schedule, but I don't think the Chargers have a lot to look forward to in January.  And that's assuming they don't Charger away their season in December, which they of course will.

RE: Playoffs Spitballing - asskickingboots - 11-06-2018

(11-06-2018, 12:23 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-06-2018, 11:47 AM)Razorchief Wrote: Yes, still a lot of season to got but I got to thinking bout the Chargers and other potential playoff teams. Mainly the Chargers since they were the cool pick to win the division, etc. Anyway, since the NFL sets playoff ticket prices and is more involved with ticket allocation than during regular season, does the NFL give Chargers a "home game" in either Coliseum or Rose Bowl? Would generate a lot more money and provide fans of "visiting" team a chance to see their team. Just curious

Like, are you asking what would happen if they were to win the division?  I would think their playoff games would be wherever they're playing now.

Since we're pretty sure they're not winning the division, though, I doubt it will come up.  What does interest me about the Chargers is why everyone (sports media) has such a hard-on for this team.  Yes, they've only lost to the Rams and Chiefs, but who the fuck have they beaten?  Well, let me tell you: the Bills, the Beathard-led Niners, the Gruden Grinders, the Browns, the Titans by virtue of Mike Vrabel's incompetence only (going for it was right, the play-call was shit), and the Seahawks.  

I no longer believe the Seahawks are good.  The rest of those teams are dumpster fires.  You can only play the teams on your schedule, but I don't think the Chargers have a lot to look forward to in January.  And that's assuming they don't Charger away their season in December, which they of course will.

The Seahawks aren't good, imo, but it's the first team that's had a winning record at the time the Chargers beat them since they beat a Nathan Peterman led Bills team in week 9 of last year.

Truly elite.

RE: Playoffs Spitballing - Chi-town_Chief - 11-06-2018

Chargers aren't shit until they can beat the chiefs. They have lost 9 straight. How can anyone say anything different?

RE: Playoffs Spitballing - The_Jonas - 11-06-2018

Ahem.

Yeah.  What he said.

Chargers still have games against the Chiefs, Steelers, and Bengals. 

Also two games against Denver and one against Baltimore.

They SHOULD make the playoffs, but recent history says the chargers (or specifically... Rivers, of his career) rarely ever beat teams that finish with a winning record.  They always feast on trash and get eaten by bigger fish.

(11-06-2018, 12:53 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:

The Seahawks aren't good, imo, but it's the first team that's had a winning record at the time the Chargers beat them since they beat a Nathan Peterman led Bills team in week 9 of last year.

Truly elite.

We'll see.  

I don't think the Chargers beat ANYONE last year who FINISHED with a winning record.

Fun fact:

Nathan Peterman's career INT% (9.2) is almost identical to the TD % (9.1) of Patrick Mahomes.  That's about one TD/INT every 11 passes.  This is ALSO where I point out that the Bills traded KC the pick they COULD have drafted Mahomes with.  Thank god for poorly run teams.

(11-06-2018, 04:38 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

Ahem.

Yeah.  What he said.

They SHOULD make the playoffs, but recent history says the chargers (or specifically... Rivers, of his career) rarely ever beat teams that finish with a winning record.  They always feast on trash and get eaten by bigger fish.

Yeah, I'm pretty positive you pointed this all out a week or two ago.

(11-06-2018, 05:53 PM)NOLA Wrote:

Ahem.

Yeah.  What he said.

Did I?  I thought you just posted what I was thinking.

(11-06-2018, 06:46 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(11-06-2018, 05:53 PM)NOLA Wrote:

Ahem.

Yeah.  What he said.

Did I?  I thought you just posted what I was thinking.

I dunno, I suppose it's possible it's just parallel thinking.  It seems really obvious--like a "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills" kinda reaction to the TV sometimes--but I honestly think sports media just doesn't have a lot to really talk about because there are only four really good teams this year.  Like, it might not be two of the Chiefs, Saints, Pats, and Rams in the Super Bowl, but who is realistically think that at least two of those teams are gonna be involved.  Some years the league just has more separation than others.  You can try to talk about the Chargers to make a story, but I don't think even the people spouting that bullshit believe it.

RE: Playoffs Spitballing - ChiefsChick23 - 11-07-2018

National media just can't get off of their Rivers-love in the face of all the evidence.

But hey, let them keep getting their hopes up.

The fact is, Chargers/Broncos/Raiders will be fighting for second place in the division for the next decade at a minimum.